Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: FREE TO PLAY IS NO EXCUSE

by napalm51
Reply

Original Post

Re: FREE TO PLAY IS NO EXCUSE

★★★★★ Guide

@napalm51 wrote:

@prankstar2 wrote:

Rediculus, free games are worth what you pay for them, also the game was very finished on day 1 compared to anything else with very few unnoticeable bugs, I agree that it definitely needs an update if they want to get more people to play the game but don't pretend that the game developers owe you anything because they don't.  I might understand why you would be angry if they promised to do something that they didn't do but so far they have met all the deadlines they set with their roadmap which is the only thing they need to do.


WTF are you talking about??? kshD?Fhadfhlkaeh??????

 

who said that they own someone anything.

 

jesus.... read first


I think you need to calm the * down. You sound almost hysterical, and someone who at this moment cannot have a civil conversation due to over emotional rants and not accepting anybody elses points of view..

 

Fortnite took months to find its feet. You are making comparisons to games with years of development and change from the games they were at launch.

 

It may not be as quick as you would like, but I'm optimistic that the game will flourish over the next 6months. Feedback will be taken on board and they will tweak and change things they feel need addressing.

 

If they don't, the game will drop dead on it's *, and I will hold my hands up and say I'm wrong.

Message 11 of 20 (170 Views)
0

Re: FREE TO PLAY IS NO EXCUSE

★★★★★ Apprentice

@opiexity wrote:

In fact, I destroyed your argument with speculations by showing that you are making speculations look like facts yourself. I also made it clear that what I was saying were maybes.  :') 

 

Once again, the complaints on these forums are showing issues that could be caused by any of the speculation stated above or any other issue we aren't aware of. Therefore you can't say these things without maybe being wrong. That fact is enough to argue that saying these things like they are facts is wrong. 

 

What you said isn't facts. It's speculation, so where are the "maybes" in your post? I don't see them. 

 

Please provide proofs before making such toxic posts.

 

Much love,  <3

 


so... you "destroyed" my argument by speculating that they were speculations? WOW first time i heard that L U L funny

 

okay, okay... if you wish to think that all these things (cheaters, mass lags, mass crashes, bad character/guns/drops balances, lack of content, only 1 bad matchmaking system, bugs, etc etc) are delusions, speculations or nonexistent it's fine!

 

just let me ask you 1 question: have you ever played apex before? hello?

Message 12 of 20 (41 Views)
0

Re: FREE TO PLAY IS NO EXCUSE

★★★★★ Apprentice

@opiexity wrote:

In fact, I destroyed your argument with speculations by showing that you are making speculations look like facts yourself. I also made it clear that what I was saying were maybes.  :') 

 

Once again, the complaints on these forums are showing issues that could be caused by any of the speculation stated above or any other issue we aren't aware of. Therefore you can't say these things without maybe being wrong. That fact is enough to argue that saying these things like they are facts is wrong. 

 

What you said isn't facts. It's speculation, so where are the "maybes" in your post? I don't see them. 

 

Please provide proofs before making such toxic posts.

 

Much love,  <3

 


so... you "destroyed" my argument by speculating that they were speculations? WOW first time i heard that L U L funny


okay okay... if you wish to think that all these things (cheaters, mass lags, mass crashes, bad character/guns/drops balances, lack of content, only 1 bad matchmaking system, bugs, etc etc) are delusions, speculations or nonexistent it's fine!


just let me ask you 1 question: have you ever played apex before? hello?

Message 13 of 20 (41 Views)
0

Re: FREE TO PLAY IS NO EXCUSE

★★★★★ Apprentice

@opiexity wrote:

@napalm51 wrote:

@opiexity wrote:

There could be many reasons for this. Remember that Respawn is owned by Ea. The devs are there to work on new content and fixing issues. That is a fact.

For every dollar invested in the development team, there is an output. Maybe EA is not investing enough in the game, therefore there isn't enough man-power to deliver the necessary content and patches. Maybe third parties are slowing things down. Maybe development mistakes were made which once again make the issues harder to fix. Maybe the game success was heavily under estimated and now they have to deal with building a bigger team, training new devs etc... So many maybes...

Saying it is Respawn's fault without the proper data to back it up is wrong. Sorry Respawn for such accusations. I hope these kinds of comments aren't impacting the studio's quality of life and team spirit.


you talk about proper data but everything you just said is a f* speculation.

 

i'm talking about facts here... they are failing! FACT!

 

if you want "proper data" or big text walls just read the forums... it's flooded with complains about these problems.


In fact, I destroyed your argument with speculations by showing that you are making speculations look like facts yourself. I also made it clear that what I was saying were maybes.  :') 

 

Once again, the complaints on these forums are showing issues that could be caused by any of the speculation stated above or any other issue we aren't aware of. Therefore you can't say these things without maybe being wrong. That fact is enough to argue that saying these things like they are facts is wrong. 

 

What you said isn't facts. It's speculation, so where are the "maybes" in your post? I don't see them. 

 

Please provide proofs before making such toxic posts.

 

Much love,  <3

 


so... you "destroyed" my argument by speculating that they were speculations? WOW first time i heard that L U L funny


okay okay... if you wish to think that all these things (cheaters, mass lags, mass crashes, bad character/guns/drops balances, lack of content, only 1 bad matchmaking system, bugs, etc etc) are delusions, speculations or nonexistent it's fine!


just let me ask you 1 question: have you ever played apex before? hello?

Message 14 of 20 (118 Views)
0

Re: FREE TO PLAY IS NO EXCUSE

★★★★★ Guide

If anybody is to blame it's EA, who I believe forced Respawn for early release of Apex to detract from the loot box scandals and the atrocious Anthem launch.

 

EA (insert publisher of your choice) may be scum, but Respawn are not.

 

Publishers will always push devs beyond the limits (take Bioware as an example) because PROFIT and SHARE PRICES are all that matters to them. We mean nothing to the boardroom level suits. We are a means to an end. We are the mice that turn the wheels for the fat cats up in their mighty tower and the stock exchange prices.

 

Respawn: Apex isn't quite ready.

EA: * it, release it

Respawn but we need....

EA: We said release it. * the players, our stock is falling and we need a distraction/band aid fix.

Respawn: OK, but don't say we didn't tell you so.

 

A bit over the top but you get my drift.

 

The devs take pride in their work and do value their fan base imo.

Message 15 of 20 (117 Views)

Re: FREE TO PLAY IS NO EXCUSE

★★★ Guide

@napalm51 

 

Momth 2 fortnite was not near as stable. play on na  servers so cheating was about the same as apex. Had major issues even playing with friends I know fornite is mostly fixed now but people just forget that fortnite went through spats where you could not play squads for days at a time with your friends there was no cross play just saying. Your fortnite example is awful so try again

 

not to mention when I play with friends on fortnite I have more problems with people getting dropped from games now than I do with apex

Message 16 of 20 (110 Views)
0

Re: FREE TO PLAY IS NO EXCUSE

★★★★ Apprentice

@napalm51 wrote:

so... you "destroyed" my argument by speculating that they were speculations? WOW first time i heard that L U L funny


okay okay... if you wish to think that all these things (cheaters, mass lags, mass crashes, bad character/guns/drops balances, lack of content, only 1 bad matchmaking system, bugs, etc etc) are delusions, speculations or nonexistent it's fine!


just let me ask you 1 question: have you ever played apex before? hello?



Please re-read the discussion as I believe you misunderstood what the argument is about.

 

"so... you "destroyed" my argument by speculating that they were speculations"

No, I provided you with the necessary speculation to show that you are making speculations yourself. What makes this discussion wrong is how you make it look like facts.

 

"okay okay... if you wish to think that all these things (cheaters, mass lags, mass crashes, bad character/guns/drops balances, lack of content, only 1 bad matchmaking system, bugs, etc etc) are delusions, speculations or nonexistent it's fine!"

No, I specifically said these issues exist. It's not even what we are talking about.

"just let me ask you 1 question: have you ever played apex before? hello?"
I have played the game a lot. I believe your misunderstanding of the argument triggered you. Once again, please re-read the discussion.


Message 17 of 20 (108 Views)
0
Highlighted

Re: FREE TO PLAY IS NO EXCUSE

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Silz616 wrote:

If anybody is to blame it's EA, who I believe forced Respawn for early release of Apex to detract from the loot box scandals and the atrocious Anthem launch.

 

EA (insert publisher of your choice) may be scum, but Respawn are not.

 

Publishers will always push devs beyond the limits (take Bioware as an example) because PROFIT and SHARE PRICES are all that matters to them. We mean nothing to the boardroom level suits. We are a means to an end. We are the mice that turn the wheels for the fat cats up in their mighty tower and the stock exchange prices.

 

Respawn: Apex isn't quite ready.

EA: * it, release it

Respawn but we need....

EA: We said release it. * the players, our stock is falling and we need a distraction/band aid fix.

Respawn: OK, but don't say we didn't tell you so.

 

A bit over the top but you get my drift.

 

The devs take pride in their work and do value their fan base imo.


everything you just said right now is also all speculations.

 

and this line:  ""EA: We said release it. * the players, our stock is falling and we need a distraction/band aid fix.""  is beyond speculation... is more like delirium

Message 18 of 20 (100 Views)
0

Re: FREE TO PLAY IS NO EXCUSE

★ Apprentice

@neillkorey wrote:

@napalm51 

 

Momth 2 fortnite was not near as stable. play on na  servers so cheating was about the same as apex. Had major issues even playing with friends I know fornite is mostly fixed now but people just forget that fortnite went through spats where you could not play squads for days at a time with your friends there was no cross play just saying. Your fortnite example is awful so try again

 

not to mention when I play with friends on fortnite I have more problems with people getting dropped from games now than I do with apex


Exactly.  You want to see a bad launch go look at BFV or BF4.  Those were bad launches.

 

Apex generally runs smoothly.  The "slow motion" servers generally only stay laggy the first 20-30 seconds.  I've seen a grand total of ONE crash playing who knhowhohowa

Message 19 of 20 (96 Views)
0

Re: FREE TO PLAY IS NO EXCUSE

Community Manager

These boards are for discussions around the Apex Legends game and due to the direction this topic is going I'll be locking down this post. We always welcome constructive feedback and advise against attacking other's opinions. I recommend reading the posting Rules & Guidelines.

 

  • Be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.
/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 20 of 20 (92 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help