Free Kicks - Accidental Short Passes

by FDWB

Original Post

Free Kicks - Accidental Short Passes

Champion

So often when you try and take a free kick in VSA you end up passing the pass short. It’s habit for us as players to try and move the virtual stick at the beginning of the chance. Last season a tap like this wouldn’t register as a gesture pass, but this season these taps are registering as one. Would really love for that to be adjusted to make it more user friendly. Currently it’s about 50% of free kicks it feels like. 3 examples in Minecraft Gif format below.

38DA16A9-3D0B-4B76-9B9F-FF509A599895.gif

F8611682-214E-4086-893C-6091B4DBC560.gif

A8FD6350-1922-48AE-9AC9-22C8B9D196D6.gif

“I don’t care if a dude is purple with green breath as long as he can swing.”

Black-Champions-Logo

Message 1 of 10 (287 Views)

Re: Free Kicks - Accidental Short Passes

★★★★★ Guide
@FDWB Couldn't agree more. Every time i touch the screen and pass the ball instead of shooting the free kick.
Previuos seasons didn't register that touch.
@EA fix this please because we are loosing great chances
Message 2 of 10 (246 Views)

★ Pro
@FDWB I’m doing that too. A lot.

It would be nice if they change that, but at the same time I’m suddenly being a lot more conscious about waiting until the play materializes before I attack the screen with my thumb.
Message 3 of 10 (236 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@FDWB I find it's the sprint button I press too soon, which should turn the shot taker.....agree it needs to be fixed...
Message 4 of 10 (202 Views)

★★ Guide

Bonsoir,

We lose matches because of this defect 🤬

Message 5 of 10 (167 Views)

EA FIFA Team

Happens a lot to me too, although right now I have gotten more used to it. 

Here's a little pro tip: When you accidentally tap the screen with your left thumb, then leave it on there and hold it. It won't pass for me and I'm able to swipe to shoot instead. 

Now that have been in the new season of FIFA Mobile for a while now, are you still passing as much on free kicks, or has it gotten better?

Jason.png
Message 6 of 10 (125 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_JasonI honestly feel like it’s gotten worse, haha. Saving as much time as possible feels even more important this season for VSA, so it hasn’t gotten better for me at least. I’m sometimes able to save it in the way that you mentioned, but it’s definitely really awkward. A fix would be preferable for sure.

“I don’t care if a dude is purple with green breath as long as he can swing.”

Black-Champions-Logo

Message 7 of 10 (100 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Jason while this is a good tip and I've been doing the same, it's annoying and needs fixing along the oversensitivity of the swipe play, as the others said, often that cost you a game and that is not cool
Message 8 of 10 (88 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Jason Still happens to me. Maybe less than in first few days. Who knows, this could become new normal considering the speed EA has in solving issues 🙂
Message 9 of 10 (80 Views)

★★★ Guide

i can't get rid of performing this gesture as it helps me to draw a perfect arc

Message 10 of 10 (70 Views)
Twitter Stream