Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Found this interesting. Many nerfs in last patch despite the dev's denial..

by Manannan68

Original Post

Found this interesting. Many nerfs in last patch despite the dev's denial...

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 8 (293 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The only ting on that list I could verify was Best Defense, but Best Defense recharge is exactly the same. So what guarantees do I have that the rest of the list isn't also wrong?

Message 2 of 8 (267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@yannobot wrote:

The only ting on that list I could verify was Best Defense, but Best Defense recharge is exactly the same. So what guarantees do I have that the rest of the list isn't also wrong?

I'm not sure.  But what I'm thinking is that they had a much larger patch on the works than just 1.0.3--that basically 1.0.4 was also cooking on the books which was their "nerf" patch and also the patch that would contain new MW components (Universal).  Additionally, some people are reporting getting MW Support Gear which is pretty crazy.  I wish I was that lucky.  These items are likely part of the 1.0.4 including the nerfs and what has happened is that the 1.0.4 patch leaked into the 1.0.3.

If this is what has happened we'll likely hear about it soon, if they're not too embarrassed.  Their patches thus far have been poor and then to have a situation now where they made an amateurish mistake (due to rushing it out the door) would not go far in regaining customer confidence in their product. 

Over the next few weeks they'll probably get the loot drops in a good spot, get MW Support Gear in the loot pool and most of the nerfs are probably just fine.  People are just upset because they seem like "stealth" nerfs because they weren't mentioned in the patch notes; but, like I said this is likely because they leaked in from the 1.0.4 which wasn't suppose to get introduced for a couple more weeks (not until they got more data from what the 1.0.3 was suppose to do so that they could do some last-minute tweaks to the 1.0.4).

They'll work it out.  But man, I would love to get a Masterwork Wind Wall to drop for my Storm.  Maybe such a drop could occur, now... or maybe not.  Think things are a bit screwed up and unpredictable right now since the 1.0.3 pulled some stuff into the game which wasn't suppose to go in, yet. 

Message 3 of 8 (199 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Master work wind wall.  Inscription "Breaking wind" pushes a foul smell toward the enemy resulting in a morale check.

Message 4 of 8 (168 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not seeing where the devs are in denial. Quite the opposite: I see them mentioning yes indeed there is a bug happening, and please let them know of other issues so they can look into it.

Further, I also see a lot of convenient moaning about "stealth nerfs" glossing over the buffs that are WAY bigger:

MW Universal components, possibly support, added.

Nearly all universal epics buffed a fair bit.

Also, that list definitely has issues, and the OP has not updated it, still calling the MW ember bug a nerf. Though, he does at least admit up front that there may be inaccuracies.

All in all, it definitely feels like a pull request got merged in with 1.0.3 that was meant for 1.0.4. They mentioned nerfs and buffs in the notes as is, and none of the nerfs are really noteworthy, so there's no reason in hiding them. The addition of MW Universal components would have been a highlighted feature. It's a number of quirks.

Message 5 of 8 (123 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Zemerick Didn’t you know? Every negative change is a nerf, regardless of whether it was intentional or not. 

Message 6 of 8 (119 Views)

★★ Guide

I think we're all capable of browsing reddit, and reddit conspiracies can stay there.

Message 7 of 8 (101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

saying their patches so far have been poor puts a new lvl of epic fail on the grades of epic fails

Message 8 of 8 (78 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help