Forum etiquette

by Gabrielmojo26

Original Post

Forum etiquette

★ Expert

I’m part of many forums, I even moderate one myself, and proper forum etiquette has never been an issue, to a certain extent, because there’s always exceptions to the rule.

That being said, and no ill will on my end, but the following are simply my observations in regards to this particular forum.

I haven’t been here for as long as some of it’s niche members, and that is quite obvious from the replies I’ve gotten on here at times, I digress, many of you seem to feel obliged to single out, ridicule, and push aside members posting subjects that you don’t find necessarily pertaining when it comes to Apex legends.

I’m not sure why you’d think you’re above everyone else (is it top XP syndrome? Lolol) and why you need to come in on many threads, post a derogative reply, and expect nothing in return.

When painted as an aimbot player because I’m posting about SBMM, and threaten to post gameplay on public forums to be exposed, of course I’ll defend myself and reply to this comically immature spewed nonsense. When painted as complainers/whinners, you’re singling us out, pushing us away from both this forum, and the game we’re all supposed to love playing. I have seen very little constructive replies, yet alone discussions without the typical derogative replies from it’s niche members. Do you not welcome new comers here?

SBMM is a hot topic, there’s no denying it, and weather you’re against it, or not, everyone has a right to post about it. There’s nothing in the forum rules saying otherwise. If the subject doesn’t appeal to your personal agenda, nothing is forcing you to read these threads, yet alone reply with the typical “you’re a whinner, get out of here”.

I’ve seen countless threads making fun of whomever will bring up SBMM, attacking our personalities, belittle players……but I’ve never seen threads making fun of people who don’t see SBMM as an issue. Proper forum etiquette goes a long way, let us speak our mind and post whatever we want when it comes to Apex.

On that note, one week to go before the holidays! Keep grinding folks!

Message 1 of 40 (589 Views)

Re: Forum etiquette

[ Edited ]
Champion

I hear what you're saying and i do agree, every debate has two sides.

Whenever there is some controversial hot topic and lets face it with apex that's every other week, we have a tendency to see 50 different topics about the same subject matter, 70% of which will be incoherent rants flood the forum. 

If we're going to discuss forum etiquette this is also something that needs acknowledging as an issue. Those of us who are regular posters, or "niche high exp posters" as you referred to us tend to get sick of seeing the same topic regurgitated 15-20 times in different threads over the space of a few days.

Rather than doing this, keeping various topics compartmentalised would do wonders to keep topics relevant...possibly minimise any derailing of topics also. 

It's important that everybody retains their right to an opinion, and seeing as most of us here are adults we should be respecting that really.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 40 (567 Views)

★★★ Expert

Which "niche" members are we talking about here? I personally don't care about SBMM, seems it's mostly revolving around that topic tho I haven't really said much about it.

Message 3 of 40 (553 Views)

★ Expert
@Wingmannedbro I don't think there's any reason to point them out, it is what it is.
Message 4 of 40 (545 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag "niche high exp posters" as you referred to us tend to get sick of seeing the same topic regurgitated 15-20 times in different threads over the space of a few days”

It can be even more frustrating when they are not willing to listen or debate the topic.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 40 (539 Views)

Champion

@DarthValtrex  It can be i agree, but i mean whether or not your opinion can be swayed is highly dependant on how strongly you feel about your views on the subject.

Sometimes it's better to just accept both parties won't agree on the matter and move on. SBMM is a great example of this as its had both negative and positive effects on various parts of the player base. So coming to an agreement is never going to be easy.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 40 (525 Views)

★★★ Expert

@DarthValtrex wrote:
@MandatoryIDtag"niche high exp posters" as you referred to us tend to get sick of seeing the same topic regurgitated 15-20 times in different threads over the space of a few days”

It can be even more frustrating when they are not willing to listen or debate the topic.

Unless the topic is why they need to add solo's of course Standard smile can never be too many of those.

@Gabrielmojo26 i'm pretty sure you've been around here longer than Darth.

Message 7 of 40 (523 Views)

★ Expert
@Wingmannedbro We both registered in May lol

Would solo's implement SBMM, if so, I'm starting another thread lolol
Message 8 of 40 (511 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Gabrielmojo26 wrote:
@WingmannedbroWe both registered in May lol

Would solo's implement SBMM, if so, I'm starting another thread lolol

I'd be fine with that since i'm not bogged down by sub par squadmates.

My only issue with SBMM is that it doesn't seem like a two way street. I'd also want to ba paired with Dia level players if i'm playing against them, but I doubt that Apex still has the playerbase to support that. In S3 literally everyone in my friends list who's good at the game has quit. People got sick of lobotomised randoms and just left, myself included. 

Message 9 of 40 (506 Views)

★★ Expert

you’re a whinner, get out of here. Angry

Jokes aside, as said before, it gets tiresome having to repeat the same thing over and over or ask the same questions to people who constantly post the same issue/topic and for myself I just cut to the point and hit em with a strong firm, "No" or whatever my thoughts are. 

I do like how you bring up the direct attacks people use on each other sometimes which could be polished up as it's not something that's ever needed to be brought into any argument/debate. 

Message 10 of 40 (504 Views)