Forum and ingame bans work in tandem?

by apostolateofDOOM

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Forum and ingame bans work in tandem?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Many of you know i've been a good boy during my time here, generally bringing a positive vibes and never involving myself in squabbles that may lead to any form of punishment, excluding one misunderstanding that i had a 24hr forum ban for awhile back... Large smile

So i haven't played for 4-5 day and logged in earlier to be greeted with 

acc disabled.png

My initial thought was my account had been compromised but after reading the email i'm already 48 into a 72 hr ban.

If the game wasn't so broken i might have noticed it sooner.. Tongue out

I can't post what i said as i was replying to someone being toxic in a very warm, kind and unbannable manner..   but apart from a sense of pride and accomplishment being my first game ban in my 20+ year history playing fps games on PC (i know you console players have the dictatorship boot that comes down frequently) i'm left curious to know if the forum ban i had for 24hrs and now 48hrs ingame are stacked or are they seperate? ie if i didn't have a previous forum ban would my punishment have only been for 24hrs?

Also, if you're aware what the next one is (7 days or something) let me know as i like to live on the edge. Party hat

Message 1 of 35 (1,322 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Forum and ingame bans work in tandem?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Forum infractions generally won't have an effect on your EA account, and definitely not for standard moderation. 

Extreme cases may warrant further investigation/but those are very rare and not at all applicable to day-to-day stuff. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 25 of 35 (1,249 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM Probably separate. Lets say 48h ban on fifa and 24h on forum, no way that would result in a 72h ban across all EA games and services.
Message 2 of 35 (1,315 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q If your first ingame punishment is 72hrs do you have any idea what the next one is?

Message 3 of 35 (1,311 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM I’m a good boy so I’ve never been banned in-game. But likely 1 week. Here on the forums it was 1 day, 3 days, 1 week and then 2 weeks xD
Message 4 of 35 (1,278 Views)

Champion

@apostolateofDOOM  Has the potato of doom been peeking through walls? Tongue outTongue outTongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 35 (1,267 Views)

@apostolateofDOOM Now I'm scared to game with you when cross play comes.. You might get me into trouble.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 35 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]

LALALALALAL

First they protect hackers and cheaters (teaming squads), then making us believe that reporting hacker = hacker banned, and now this, they really hate normal players. Hackers aren't even finished killing the game and this game already commit suicide.

Message 7 of 35 (1,174 Views)

Champion
@apostolateofDOOM Game and forum bans are definatley separate things as are different forums. I've probably been banned from the Fifa forums a total of a year overall and never had a game issue.
Message 8 of 35 (1,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q I don't know why this came to mind..

Prosecutor - Do you have any previous offences for assault?

Koochi-Q - Nope.

Prosecutor - But it says here you have 5 counts of grievous bodily harm.

Koochi-Q - Yep, but not assault. Large smile

@MandatoryIDtag Gotta keep an eye on the competition. Wink

@DarthValtrex Nah, i'm usually good and laugh at them but this guy was a ding ding ding ding ding in a box hurling abuse and i couldn't reply with one of the kids asleep in here so i told him in not so many words to be quiet and explained why. Tongue out

@hayhor Yea that makes sense.

Other guy getting a week first time for a much milder offence leaves me a bit baffled as to what the next one is though. Wondering

Message 9 of 35 (1,136 Views)

Champion

@apostolateofDOOM  I heard the next punishment is decimation. You better be a good potato. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 35 (1,152 Views)