Re: Forum Technical Issue

by rockyboy1998

Original Post

Forum Technical Issue

★★★ Pro

Hi, 

Since the 9th December 2020 I stopped getting my notifications from the Answers HQ. 

I have tried everything to get them back but on but they just will not come through. 

Has anyone had this issue or know how to resolve this, I am losing valuable conversations with other members of the forums and find it difficult to keep up. 

It's annoying because I was in the Top XP authors for a long time and since having this issue I have fallen out of it massively as I can't keep up to speed with my conversations. 

Message 1 of 10 (498 Views)

Hi @rockyboy1998 

I think you mean the e-mail notifications? They can be a bit hidden in the menu's here.

You can go to your AHQ settings by clicking on your name in the top right corner of the screen.

Then go to settings.

Then click 'preferences'

Check if you have marked the 'Automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in'

Then continue to 'subscription & notification'. Then to 'notification setting'.

Be sure that all the 'Turn off all .... notifaction' settings are not marked.

Then check the other settings. I have 'automaticaly subscribe me to all topics or reviews' marked, all other settings are placed to default. To reset everything to default, there is a 'reset' button at the bottom left.

Also don't forget to SAVE your changes in these menus, because otherwise the website doesn't change things.

If this doesn't work, then something may be wrong with your e-mail. Be sure that it doesn't go into your spam folder!

If you still have the issue, please @ me Standard smile

Message 2 of 10 (486 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DYSPROssium Thank you for responding to me.

I have checked all of my settings compared to the ones you've posted and yes mine are identical however my situation still hasn't resolved.

I have even spoken to my email company on the phone and they said that it isn't an issue their end.

What do you think I should do?
Message 3 of 10 (444 Views)

Do they get directed to the spam folder ?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 10 (437 Views)

Hmmm that is difficult @rockyboy1998 

Do you receive any e-mails from AHQ at all? Like for example: i don't receive e-mails when someone replies to my post, but I do receive them when they mention me.

Another thing is the little checkmark on the left side of preview everytime you create a post or post a message that says "Subscribe to replies". Is that one marked for you?

Message 5 of 10 (434 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DYSPROssium I have checked with Apple my email provider and they have said that there is nothing marked as spam or nothing from their side that is being blocked.

I don't get any emails at all, nothing and haven't done since December which is really annoying!

I always checkmark the subscribe to replies and just get nothing. It's really annoying as its stopping me achieve my goal for being marked as a champion Frown
Message 6 of 10 (405 Views)

@rockyboy1998 

One thing that would be nice to check is, if this issue still exist if you change your AHQ e-mail.

Could you try this out? Use a different e-mail to receive your AHQ mails on?

After you change it, you will have to post here and see whether you receive notifications.

Message 7 of 10 (393 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DYSPROssium Right, I have changed my email.

I am now waiting to see if i get any notifications via email from the forums.

Do you think it would be a good idea to change the email back after and see if it fixes itself?
Message 8 of 10 (359 Views)

@rockyboy1998 

that might a good test as well, but first let's see if you receive a notification on this post here.

You should receive an email from my post here.

Message 9 of 10 (343 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DYSPROssium I started to get them and they have all of a sudden stopped again for some odd reason. It's majorly strange.
Message 10 of 10 (304 Views)