Forum Questionnaire Game

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

Re: Forum Questionnaire Game

Champion
@BigBlackCaustic Darker for me. I rarely drink, so I'm not worried about carbs and crap like that in my beer

Would you rather build a house atop a mountain, or in the depths of the Pacific? (assuming technology and engineering are advanced enough, for this scenario)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 61 of 82 (379 Views)

★★★ Expert

Top of a mountain, even with tech.  I think an ocean dwelling would be awesome, but personally it's all about being up in the air, and like flying.  You know, would have to have a private VTOL :D

Hip replacement or knee replacement?

Message 62 of 82 (363 Views)

Champion
@KelRiever 🤣 I cant answer this. I'm not that old!
Message 63 of 82 (356 Views)

★★★ Expert

...you can do it!...

Message 64 of 82 (333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@dSKyNafinchinThere are too many movies on why living in the ocean is not a good idea lol. But yes the tech is there. There are underwater hotel rooms.

Message 65 of 82 (317 Views)

Champion
@KelRiever Well, since no one answered, I'll go again lol

I would go with knee replacement (I'm 30, and have had neither), simply because I feel like I would be more mobile during recovery. My gf's mom has had both knees replaced, and it didn't seem as bad as a hip replacement would be.

Stocks or crypto?

Message 66 of 82 (297 Views)

Champion
@Lord_Scorpion34 How come no one thinks tech is needed to live at the TOP of a mountain? Surely it would be ridiculously cold with insane amounts of snow. It isnt a hill or a few hundred feet up the mountain. It is the TOP. Personally I'd pick neither.
Message 67 of 82 (289 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor I mean tech is needed for both, but I think there would be more tech & engineering involved for the ocean.
Message 68 of 82 (280 Views)

Champion
@Lord_Scorpion34 I would have to agree. I have visited the Kehlsteinhaus in Germany a couple times, and the house was pretty basic on the tech side (not surprising, considering is was built in the 1930's, but still). It sits up in the Alps at around 6,000 ft if I remember right. The engineering of blasting the tunnels, and the logistics of getting materials to the job site, seemed like the hardest part of that mountaintop build.

The engineering of a sea-bottom structure, as well as the tech that would be needed to build and sustain it, seems much more demanding than a mountaintop build. The water pressure alone, at those depths, is insane!! Also... ya know... gotta look out for the Kraken

Also, just to bump the question back to the last post:
Stocks or crypto?

Message 69 of 82 (267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@dSKyNafinchinYou’re a trooper for going again and I commend you for it. These brainiacs can’t even follow the simple rules of the game and are trying to derail my thread Frown shame on them.

I’d say stock since that’s not as volatile as crypto... Depending on which stocks of course.

Also on mountaintop or ocean bed discussion just so everybody gets back to topic on hand, both have been done before. For ocean bed you need lots of tech to make it work whereas for mountain top (or close to it) you don’t need that much. There are civilizations that live pretty high up on mountains or used to. It’s not that difficult to build a house on a mountain range, but it is hard to make it comfortable and worth going to, whereas it’s impossible to just put a house on the ocean floor.

@dSKyNafinchin just read your post... yea it’s exactly as you stated... xD I wrote my whole thing for nothing >.> xD

Next question: Hands or feet xD

Message 70 of 82 (254 Views)