Fortress - Too UNBALANCED against Attackers

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

Fortress - Too UNBALANCED against Attackers

[ Edited ]
Champion

I get that it's a Fortress so attackers will generally have it harder to attack. But, no sane general would send only a couple hundred or so soldiers to take a fortress. I've played as Attacker many times already and haven't won a single match. Attackers will need at least 50 more reinforcements (sort of like how BF1 had 100 more attackers added to the Verdun Operations map). I think Hamada is tougher than Devastation, so the balance will need to be adjusted accordingly.

Also, I've noticed that spawning into a capped objective as an Attacker or Defender sets you all the way back to the uncap, instead of the actual objective. For instance, if the Attackers control A and B, while the enemies control C, and I spawn on B, I spawn all the way back where the uncap is. Is this a bug or is this intentional? I'm guessing that the original thought was that Attackers had it relatively easy since it's only one sector to take, but it really is stacked against the Attackers. This needs to change so that you spawn closer to the objective that gets selected, instead of at the uncap.

Just my 2 cents. 

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 12 (872 Views)

Re: Fortress - Way too UNBALANCED against Attackers

[ Edited ]

I agree that Defenders have an obvious advantage (which makes perfect sense considering what's going on) but I have played and won a few rounds as an attacker on both maps (one time I even came first place with 0 kills 0 deaths using the flare gun).

Hamada is definitely the easier of the two to flank but harder to capture and I think Devestation makes it harder to flank but easier to cap (at least A and C).

Spawn to A flag could use a tiny more cover for attackers on both maps but I still think they balanced the mode's unbalance quite well.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 12 (857 Views)

I dont have any problem with balancing... I think that it is good.

You just need know how to play that specific game mode. For example Grind, one of the chaotic game modes in BFV.. Someone hate it and someone love it.. :D
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 3 of 12 (843 Views)

Champion

I managed to win as Attacker on both maps since posting this thread, but it seems to still be a bit unbalanced IMHO. I'm sure that it'll get a little "easier" for attackers as they get more used to this mode. But, defenders will learn to defend areas better, too.

I don't work for EA.

Message 4 of 12 (839 Views)

I've already picked up on some tricks like immediately destroying the tower on Hamada and sneaking far right in Devestation - it will be interesting to see what tactics come up with in the future; I just hope people don't get too burnt out with the mode

Message 5 of 12 (828 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
I thought it was great fun from both sides.  If you are attacking USE SMOKE and a lot of it, it's super effective. Standard smile 

Both maps have a lot of flanking routes that you can take. 

Me personally I'm having a lot fun on this mode.

/Atic 
Message 6 of 12 (776 Views)

Community Manager

Smoke is so critical for attackers. We had a lot of success tossing explosives when we were trying to capture the first point, too. Helps really break that first line of defense.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 12 (764 Views)

Champion

I think I know what it is. Lots of snipers in the back with not enough smoke and rush. Maybe it's still growing pains, given that it's only 1 day in.

I don't work for EA.

Message 8 of 12 (750 Views)

I've been noticing a lot of squad leaders trying to hold out for an artillery strike - they'd be potentially devastating, no doubt, but almost every smoke barrage I've seen (at least on Hamada) has led to either a flag neutralize or capture. I've only just started to realize how different it acts compared to regular grenades and I can't get enough.

Message 9 of 12 (740 Views)

Re: Fortress - Too UNBALANCED against Attackers

★ Novice

It's funny that I came across this post because I was just thinking to myself like hmm am I really enjoying this game mode. I had played a good 7 matches or so and was trying to remember is I had won a game yet as an attacker and I had but only on devastation but not hamada, the next thing that I realized was that defending wise I haven't won on devastation but I did on hamada. While I think the level design on hamada in the fortress game mode is superb I do believe the ticket count for attackers should be upped by at least 100 even 200 shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. I believe hamada on fortress should feel like a siege, which I believe devastation does a great job of portraying.

As far as the spawn issue it goes across all game modes not just fortress and I have been expressing discontent with that for years if I click spawn on a capped point I should spawn relatively close to that flag not out side of the objective area, especially if it's being attacked by the enemy. Safly I don't think this will be fixed anytime soon

Message 10 of 12 (695 Views)