Re: Fortification weak!

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Fortification weak!

★★★★★ Newbie

Dear Dice.

The fortification is an awsome thing in the game, but is WAAAAY to easy to blow up.

you can spend a couple of minutes to build it, and then just one grenade destroys it.

That just sucks.

People spend more tme building them than using them Frown

Please make them stronger.

Message 1 of 5 (379 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I disagree I feel like DICE have done a good job balancing the different tiers of fortifications. Furthermore sandbags and barbed wire are the only fortification that can destroyed with one AP Grenade Rifle round / Grenade. Everything else is either invulnerable or has to have the object attached to it destroyed (such as a building with the reinforced windows).

While I do agree that the challenge in of itself is easy and lackluster the tides or war challenges are in my opinion just meant to encourage players to play the game and not foucs too hard on completing the challenges. I think its a great way to ease into getting a special customization item or weapon just for having fun and not paying attention to the grind of it all.
Message 2 of 5 (364 Views)

Fortifications are in a pretty good spot imo. There are many different kinds and sizes of things to build and they can really make or brake your attack/defend, especially in the Devestation map.

My only concern is not being able to demolish them by hand when you are out of explosives, epecially when it comes to Medics.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 5 (355 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I should correct this.

I mean the sandbags, they blow up to easy.

Not realistic, and makes it suck as cover.

I love the thing otherwise 

Message 4 of 5 (334 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree that the barbed wire can be annoying if you don’t have a grenade, and if you do have a grenade everyone is going to know that you destroyed the wire. 

Would be be cool if you could bring out your fortification tool in the form of wire cutters and cut a section of wire to silently pass through 

Message 5 of 5 (323 Views)