Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Fort TARDsis Rant

by TheReal_USA_MAGA

Original Post

Re: Fort TARDsis Rant

★★ Guide

@NinjaChef85 wrote:
It's not "missing" PvP, as they said it would never be in it..
They didn't say there would never be PvP, they said it would be a long time before they even thought about it and there would have to be massive community interest.

@NinjaChef85 wrote:
he gameplay and mechanics are not suited for it at all. All it would be is freezing things everywhere.

Agreed.  I cant even begin to image how to make it work. 

There are a significant number of abilities that freeze and stun.  A freeze stun build would be the only viable build. so everyone would be playing them and no one would ever get anything done because everyone would spend the entire match frozen.  "But they can just re-balance the abilities and change how they work in PvP".  Yes, they could.  But then it wouldn't be Anthem anymore.

Message 11 of 23 (144 Views)

★★★ Guide
Actually, they did say it will not be in there at all... But yes, the rebalancing is how PvP ruins games like this.

www.polygon.com/platform/amp/e3/2018/6/9/17445058/anthem-pvp-launch-bioware-ea-play-e3-2018
Message 12 of 23 (113 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@NinjaChef85 wrote:
Actually, they did say it will not be in there at all... But yes, the rebalancing is how PvP ruins games like this.

www.polygon.com/platform/amp/e3/2018/6/9/17445058/anthem-pvp-launch-bioware-ea-play-e3-2018

That tweet they grabbed says "no pvp at launch" that wasn't a no pvp at all.

Message 13 of 23 (108 Views)

★★★ Guide
Scroll down to the "update" part.
Message 14 of 23 (105 Views)

★ Guide

@mcsupersport wrote:

If they really have to work that hard to Avoid PvP, then I am glad to see all the stuff you don't like in Tarsis.  If you want PvP, may I suggest Apex Legends, Call Of Duty, Battlefield, or Fortenight....

…..overwatch, counterstrike, the hunter, arma, pubg, battlefront….fallout…..

Message 15 of 23 (104 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@NinjaChef85 I had read that. I was just pointing out originally they never said no. 

Message 16 of 23 (95 Views)

★★★ Guide

@CoUF_Owl 

I think PvP would be great, if they do it so the PvP is entirely separate from the PvE side. There are many ways they could this, different javelins, different weapons, abilities etc. I’m not going to go in depth on ideas here, but PvP should definitely be considered sometime in the future.

I really like Anthem, but to be honest, I’m already bored to death of all the PvE content. So much so that I didn’t even bother logging in for the last two days. Going to go get Sekiro and see how long that keeps me busy, because I have absolutely zero desire to get on Anthem and run the same things over for yet the thousandth time,  even though I do really enjoy the combat system. They are going to need a lot more than just a few public events over the next couple months, because even with  the outlaw rampage activity I hardly noticed any difference in freeplay.

Message 17 of 23 (92 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@CoUF_Owl 

Originally at launch, yea. But they have said since then that it won't be in it at all. 

Message 18 of 23 (90 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@swampDAHskunkape im on the opposite side of the fence as you on pretty much everything you wrote. I like how the game is and don't mind playing the missions over and over. 

I would rather not have pvp in Anthem. As I'm not a big pvp player and wouldn't want pve content to be cut or not worked on because of balancing issues regardless of how they could implement it, someone would still be asking for nerfs or buffs. 

Message 19 of 23 (84 Views)

★★★ Guide

@NinjaChef85 

I’ve never seen them say that anywhere. In fact the only thing I saw on the matter was that it won’t be in at launch, but they were open to PvP in the future.

Message 20 of 23 (74 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help