Re: For you people whining about chomper

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

For you people whining about chomper

★★★ Apprentice

A lot of people are crying about chomper still being op when he may just be the worst character in the game,

1-goop, it only does little bit of damage and in doesnt slow people nearly as much as in gw2

2-burrow, of boy people are really crying for this one because it is instakill, yeah i can tell you about almost every zombie ability that can one shot you with not even close the risk of burrow,and also the most important thing, avoiding it, yeah people say burrow is op but they forget you dont even need abilities any more to avoid it,you just have to press r3(in my case ps4)and just like that you have avoided burrow

3-not being able to eat people from their back,yes, they have limited eating to only burrow, which as you can see is almost useless now,also his melee's damage is underwhelming for being a close weapon 

Yeah thats it now you can see how bad chomper is and how bad he needs a buff 

Message 1 of 9 (504 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Have you mastered Chomper to see the potential in later upgrades?  Some characters (such as Citron) REALLY change with the correct upgrade.

Best luck...

Message 2 of 9 (489 Views)

★ Guide

Oof now I got to master citron, but he’s hard to play right now... also I did master Chomper, and he plays differently than how he did in GW2. I use faster digestion and fast speed after digestion to run away after digesting. I play him more stealthily than nightcap. Vanquish-wise, I don’t have as much of a hard time getting vanquishes with Chomper as I do with imp. I don’t know if it’s just me, but imp is supposed to be a glass cannon, but compared to his counterpart, nightcap, imp just feels like glass, without much of the power of a cannon. 

Message 3 of 9 (476 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@spIash_damage My issue with something like Citron getting really strong upgrades at higher ranks is the slog to actually get there. Currently Citron is the only plant I have not ranked up even once because he is taxing for me to play. Sure, he may get a strong upgrade later but his base power is just... lacking (for my style of play). He gets a good amount of XP from shielding damage but he does nothing else very well.

I really don't want this to become "get 'x' upgrade because 'character' is bad without it". It's better for them to make the upgrades choices instead of some of them being mandatory just so you can feel like you are doing something.

He's also frustrating slow. It's annoying because he rolls around but doesn't get anywhere. lmao
Message 4 of 9 (464 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Clumsybobble many people will rank up their favorite character (to max rank) and use them in online play.  If you don't consider character updates (when balancing a game), I don't know how you'd balance things, period, but appreciate your point of view, too.

Message 5 of 9 (454 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@spIash_damage Oh yeah of course. I was only stating that it feels weird that they would make some of the characters have a base that is good, or strong, and then others that make it really hard for people to get into them. Especially if their higher rank upgrades make them feel better as a character.

I was just expressing my fear that certain characters will wallow in obscurity because they are only enjoyable for most players once they take the time to get them to a specific higher rank.

Honestly, I'm just hoping they buff the characters who need it and give QoL changes to things before they start nerfing characters.
Message 6 of 9 (435 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@marche567 The burrow ability can easily be outrun by most characters. Annoying
Message 7 of 9 (399 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Chomper is a little weak, I'll admit. He needs a bit more health, I think, and just a smidge more damage with chomp.

Also Bring back the GW Chomp crosshair.

The removal of the eating from behind is a justified change IMO, but heeds to be compensated with a slightly faster digestion.

Message 8 of 9 (392 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@marche567 Wait, people complain about chomper? Better yet about burrow 😂 jeeperz he is so bad to play now that in a thread I talked about him being one of the worst characters.

I guess people just want to show they can cry a river about the slightest of things, but saying chomper is OP? I’ve seen more acorns getting kills than chompers xD
Message 9 of 9 (334 Views)