Re: For those who interested in the health of Spore servers.

by newgizoid

Original Post

For those who interested in the health of Spore servers.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Spore servers are still in operation today. Unlike other EA games, the servers of this game have been operating for over 12 years.

Spore is still relevant for its gameplay, idea and graphics. And even now this game can keep you busy for several hours a day.

You can still purchase this game and register your Spore account. 

To do this, you just need to add the game to your EA account and register in the game. 

This game has a great community. People are constantly making friends and mods for Spore.

Don't forget about the official website www.spore.com! There you can find new friends and imagine Sporepedia in more detail. If you have problems logging into the game or have problems registering, please note what you have entered. When registering, there may be problems such as; the nickname is already taken, the password or mail is incorrect, and there is no Internet connection. Disable firewall and firewall temporarily or add the game to exceptions.

I and the entire Spore community are looking forward to new additions to the game! Please, please release new updates or at least a patch for this game! If you've read this, EA Workers, please respond! How long will this game live and whether there will be patches for it.

Do not hesitate to ask for help in the forum and advisers.

Be healthy!

Verdict: Spore servers are running!*

*Some functions are disabled due to additional server load. Namely, some achievements, and system for evaluating adventures by difficulty.

Message 1 of 2 (565 Views)

Re: For those who interested in the health of Spore servers.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

To add to the above: when registering/logging in while playing Spore, your account info needs to match your Origin login email/password. Due to Spore only supporting 12(?) character passwords, if your password is longer, you will not be able to log into Spore/create a Spore account until you shorten your password.

To the EA Team unicorn(s) that actually can actually get user feedback to in-house EA support personnel: As your outsources 'game advisers' with a poor grasp on languages commonly used in first-world countries continue to merge accounts the incorrect direction (cost me in particular over $40 in retired Command and Conquer Games when my main Origin account was incorrectly merged into my legacy EA account [ported to Origin]. I personally know several others with similar experiences, plus numerous written accounts on various EA game related forums - so it's not just me) among other problems, content from limited time promotions like Bot Part upload permissions for Spore are becoming increasingly rare (in my case, they cleared my Spore.com owned games records during their moment of incompetence, which made me have to re-activate Spore and its expansions. The 2010 bot parts promotion could not be re-activated on my end due to the promotion ending 11 years ago. EA Help was useless to re-add it as you've done a great job of tying their hands. This should be a simple bit flip on the account - if not universally provided to all Spore accounts - and not something that takes days to ultimately be refused support). This game (among many others) is still a viable source if income if you'd let it be - even if simply re-released. The only real support it would need is a few active attendants to Spore.com to manage accounts and Spore-related matters - something that should be easy to find among Community Connections members active here (if not employees already within your company). You're clearly still paying for the server uptime. A little human attention would be trivial.

If you wish to encourage future purchases of the games you offer (especially those likely to become 'retired' in the near future), actually use some quality in your customer service. Outsourcing everything to ill-equipped, under-trained 3rd parties literally in India (and removing granular account options in favor of sweeping permanent actions taken as a first resort) is a great way to drive away your user-base and limit future purchases as a result - not to mention strongly discouraging users to [re]buy older games that are essenitally free money for you now.

I'm sure you'd have the feedback to corroborate this if user surveys were actually issued for anything other than resolved cases (which would remove the need to add this whole section to this post), but there is a strong and growing image that your support quality is crap - even for recent games. Relying on naive children using their parents' credit cards to provide the bulk of your income won't be a sustainable business model forever. I guarantee you the first company to return to actual quality over inferior outsourcing for the sake of being cheap and crappy cash-grabs will distinguish itself from the competition. If you even care about your customers, this is your chance.

Message 2 of 2 (510 Views)