Re: For those quitting immediately after death in Apex Legends.

by CrazyPlays54

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@shardvel I’ll tell you why from my perspective.

Hundreds of hours of Apex has given me so much insight and awoken the gift: All-knowing. It has been instilled to me by the Allfather. It has shown me the way to act when I’m down.

Since I’m a scientific guy I don’t fully revel in teachings of beings I can’t see so in addition to my gift I lean on science as well. It has shown me that 90%+ of the time that I’m down either 1 or both of my teammates are downed. In the last case at least 1 of us has gold shield obviously. In the event that 1 is down, our chances of survival is less than 50%. This goes down dramatically based on the proximity of the person/people who have knocked us, amount of other squads left, where we’re downed, how skilled the pursuers are and a host of all other variables. Most of all it’s dependent on the 1 teammate that’s left.

Let’s say I’m the first one down in like 2/3 minutes and we’re in the presence of 1) multiple teams with all members still doing the gundance. I already have no faith in a positive outcome so in most cases I leave. 2) If I see in those 3 minutes that my teammates are still looting while I already pinged multiple enemies enclosing I leave. 3) If I see my teammates taking more than 5 secs to 2v1 an enemy in open spot I leave. 4) If they both empty out both guns while 2v1’ing I leave.

But lets say odds are more favorable. 5) I down 1/2 and in need of help and my teammates are looting or showing no signs of helping immediately while enemies are in the distance, I leave. Lastly, to keep it short, if 2 of us are down and I see last guy’s health decline, I leave.

These are most cases I leave in. I don’t always leave instantly but the All-Knowing gift lets me see when I have no use for teammates who can’t play the game like it’s supposed to be played (the irony right :P).

I think most will agree on my points. The times I actually stay are also the times that I trust teammates and we actually succeed. Would this also happen in the times that I leave? Might be... but I’m leaning towards the ‘they won’t’.
Message 11 of 59 (3,637 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Cuz ppl that asking why they are left are noobs who gonna loot 14mins and die in 5sec

Message 12 of 59 (3,616 Views)

★★★ Expert

This is not necessarily wrong, but again, I'd say only in public, regular matches.  And again, I don't think you should face any penalty for quitting early, but you shouldn't get credit for the game in any way until you gray out.

But in ranked mode, and when playing with people you know, I've seen plenty of 2v3 and even 1v3 that have turned out fine, and I'd dispute those numbers.  You're also more likely to be correct on initial drop, and less and less as time goes on.  It's not like purple and gold weapons and armor are the end all be all, but I've seen plenty of loadouts when matched with skill take down others even when people are outnumbered.

I do like the way you think things through at least.  I mean, you're only saving yourself some time when it is truly hopeless.  And it's not the end of the world in a regular match.  But it's not good for ranked play so how it stands now is all right.  All they need to do is remove the in game rewards you still get from quitting early.

Message 13 of 59 (3,598 Views)

★ Pro

alot of reason

1-going solo.

2-dont share aimmo even if I kill whole squad.

3-loot whole map even they have what they need for fight.

4-when you are pre-made i'm not play with you.

5-loot form deathbox for 15 min.

6-steal,steal,steal.

7-I dont want u win because u are trash (im not talk about skil but ur teamwork and how u are respect me ).

8-dont rush in fight and snipe in 500 M far a way.

9-ruch in place and we get killed because of you

10-hot drop,

11-late drop

12-bad drop

11" I need extended light mag" " I need scope for smg" I need,I need.

12- drop in skull town !

13-comp tactic

14-cant even hit

15- Ask to take my body shield

16-play as bloodhound xd (it's joke)

Message 14 of 59 (3,573 Views)

★★★ Novice
@hayhor It's better to land late and prepare rather than land immediately and risk dying immediately because it's the survival time that matters not the killcount. Landing late is safer believe me.
Message 15 of 59 (3,560 Views)

★★★ Novice
@xMaxrayx (10&12) that's why I land in mid to low profile areas or high their areas where no one would land but never land immediately.
Message 16 of 59 (3,552 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@shardvel wrote:
@hayhorIt's better to land late and prepare rather than land immediately and risk dying immediately because it's the survival time that matters not the killcount. Landing late is safer believe me.

Uhm... how long have you played Apex is I may ask. Or since when have you been playing might be a better question?

Message 17 of 59 (3,525 Views)

★★★ Pro
@shardvel Because the chances of you being let down by the randoms you're with far outweighs the chances of them clutching the fight/grabbing your banner and reviving while staying nearby and pinging gear so you don't get thirsted off the ship.

As a rule of thumb I tend to leave the second I'm knocked if I was in a gunfight for more than 10 seconds and my team are still looting instead of trying to help, and to give you a idea of how bad my teammates are, I leave atleast 9/10 matches this way because they're too busy jacking off to pick and be jumpmaster, then once they're done pleasuring themselves these spineless cowards will drop far away from wherever I (the jumpmaster by default in literally every match I play) decide to drop, fat chance I'm giving * like these the benefit of the doubt, they want to play alone they can die alone. If I get a kill or two great, if not just leave and do it all over again.
Message 18 of 59 (3,512 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Koochi-QI’m starting a Quitters Anonymous meeting. Together we can work through our bad gaming behaviors, if you’re willing to admit you are powerless over your leaver addiction. Meetings are held every Monday at 7:00PM, free coffee!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 19 of 59 (3,486 Views)

★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex Are we meant to leave this anonymous? And at what 7:00? 7:00 AM AEST? 7:00 AM PT? Where will this be? Who's paying for the coffee? Will we be socially distancing? Can I not have coffee? Will there be gluten free coffee for those who need it? Will there be gluten coffee for those who need it? Will the coffee be blue? What is the policy on support ferrets? What is the policy on byo food? What type of coffee is it? What colour is the sky? How do airplanes work? Why is pi infinite? And probably the most important question, why hasn't pathfinder's grapple been nerfed yet?
Message 20 of 59 (3,479 Views)