For the whales, freeloaders and developers

by apostolateofDOOM

Original Post

Accepted Solution

For the whales, freeloaders and developers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

As i stated in the original apology thread for iron crown, it looks like plan B was part of A, sell legendary items through event boxes first and then sell items direct in the second half to maximise income. 

Amongst all the complaints, Respawn developer on reddit ''but in reality the Iron Crown event has been a success, both with revenue and player engagement. Our numbers are up across the board.'' makes me wonder where this is heading both with the current frustration amongst the community, financial success for the business model, the lack of acknowledgement to downright insults from the devs.. Also the future of gaming as stated in the video when the goal posts move again.. 

Message 1 of 20 (892 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: For the whales, freeloaders and developers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@chrisragnarCouldn't agree more!

@DoYaSeeMeThey do push cosmetics, excluding solos the entire crown event was about skins and misleading it's player base to maximise profit.

Most if not all fps games I have played recently whether 1st or 3rd person have had a large focus on cosmetics and most players while having one main will be playing 3 legends due to character selection.

Edit: Concerning the exclusiveevent pass.. Is that not what battlepass is?

@Silz616I agree with RagTagg that as you don't see yours often in this game the value is reduced and he makes some good points and great content, hopefully he'll do another regarding this subject in the near future.

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (465 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

You can remove "it looks like".

Of course they knew what reaction will follow... they are not dumb :D

It all was planned.

Message 2 of 20 (850 Views)

★★ Expert

@apostolateofDOOM 

wtf is a whale? I got dibs on the blueberry one's if there are any!!

Heart

Message 3 of 20 (825 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SlivPTS That's kinda my point. :P

@jumanjaydazed A marine mammal?
Message 4 of 20 (808 Views)

★★ Pro

@jumanjaydazed 

Whale: A term used for labeling anyone who bought a legendary item.

The term is commonly used by individuals with a keen desire to get their hands on a legendary item - but circumstances such as greed, youth or poor cashflow prevents them.

You’re welcome!

Message 5 of 20 (803 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@-BiA-Pesqez I'm not greedy, young or poor. Nor do I have any desire to purchase any of the legendary items in this event. The G7 scout looks ok but I hardly use it and maybe lifeline but i main PF and have equiped the dreadnaught skin and the alchemist for r99, im good as gold with what I got, for now atleast.
Message 6 of 20 (792 Views)

★★★ Expert

I don't get why there's so much fuss, when it can be sooooo simple. Don't like the price? Don't buy it! Don't like the game? Don't play it! Don't like the predatory mechanics? Don't support them!

I'm a freeloader and don't feel ashamed one bit. I don't want to spend  on skins, my lame fighting skills won't get better with a shiny new look. I will support this game with feedback and would gladly buy a campaign mode if there will ever be one (or Titanfall 3, heh), of course, if I'm OK with the price. 

Destroying your keyboard for not being able to get that skin for the price you want is like going on strike in front of Ferrari factory because their latest sports car is 10 times the price of what you'd pay for. Pathetic!

Message 7 of 20 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DoYaSeeMeI agree! I'm not moaning about the price or the strategy used, not that I condone it. If someone spent loads thinking they were ''rare'' items and are upset that others were able to obtain them then more fool you. I appreciate they need to make money but gaming and items for that matter should be available for most if not all players to realistically obtain and enjoy, not a select few. This is a game (for big kids and small) not and I quote ''a Ferrari''. Also, i'm giving my keyboard a break on the forums compared to smashing my awsd keys :P

Message 8 of 20 (714 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am a whale, I got great job and no loans, and dropping few hundreds dollars on a game that I like is not a big deal, if it's worth the money. What Respawn doesn't offer anything in the shop that is worth my money.

I haven't spent a cent on this game, and not planning to. You know you * up when whales look at your greedy prices for pretty basic stuff, and think "This is outrageous and not worth it".

Message 9 of 20 (685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Anyone that spends money on this game is somehow getting decent server and network performance so otherwise why would you?  If you get consistent good hitreg you are suspect.  Either no recoil macro user or worse.  These servers are not stable nor optimized.  I would be a whale if those things were fixed.  Bad hitreg and constant drops killed my will to play.  

Message 10 of 20 (676 Views)