Re: For the love of the Allfather, Stop assigning all actions to one button

by pastaclown

Original Post

For the love of the Allfather, Stop assigning all actions to one button

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Namely square button, or whatever the equivalent is on Xbox and PC

Here’s how the game is now.

You need to reload but you’re stood next to a door? Here let me just open the door for you instead 

you want to reload but you’re next to a zip line? Hold on to your hats because we’re going for a ride!

oh you’re in the middle of a fight and you’re the last one alive and you’re out of bullets? Well unlucky for you you were stood next to your teammates death box so you’re gonna grab their banner instead of reloading 

you’re behind cover at a replicator? Well don’t even think about reloading or I’m just gonna pull your right into the crafting screen 

you’re down but have a golden knockdown shield? Well don’t bother standing next to that door for cover because the second you start the rez I’m just gonna open that door so everyone behind it can shoot you 

seriously why can’t you bind actions to different buttons yet? It’s so frustrating and just feels unfair, especially for a competitive shooter where every second counts and one mistake could cost you the game 

Message 1 of 11 (456 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Bean2kay9 We have listened to your feedback and the option will be available with the release of crossplay for a small sum 1000 apex coins for each button of your choosing.
Message 2 of 11 (449 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Bean2kay9 The Allfather blesses frustration. Much is learned from Frustration.
Message 3 of 11 (447 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Expert

@Bean2kay9 "We here at Respawn hope that reverting the armor changes proves that we're listening to community feedback! So, in the spirit of doing so, we've remapped all executable actions to the square button for PS users. Everything. We'll see you on the next collection event!"

Message 4 of 11 (433 Views)

Hero

This is actually a rage worthy thing. So I will either try to res a friend when trying close a door. Trying to close a door keeps trying res. Then is much bigger issue. 

The res radius. With a box say in realistic terms 3 feet away. You are standing on said box trying to quickly armor swap. But... The res proximity settings is forcing me to res friend verse allowing me in the crate. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 11 (427 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@pastaclown With our history of updates, you'll re bind your buttons but those reassigned stop working or it'll crash the server. ''code: finger'' xD
Message 6 of 11 (426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@apostolateofDOOM "We've improved the logic of our in-game AI, so now it'll better respond to what you actually want to do!"

*Nothing changes and a pro console squad loses because they opened a door when they wanted to reload their weapon. They then also feature this in their highlight reel.*

Message 7 of 11 (419 Views)

★★★★ Guide

welcome to day 1 launch of apex 

Message 8 of 11 (393 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@apostolateofDOOM  Naaaah it'd work fine for everyone except ninja layout users.

Respawn seem to hate those guys? O.o

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 11 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Bean2kay9Respawn has a habit of believing they're helping by simplifying things but really they just make it worse.
Take titanfall for example, in TF1 you would eject by pressing X 3 times. In TF2 they decided "hey lets combine use, disembark, embark, and eject into just one key" and the end result is a system that'll sometimes eject you and other times make you get out in the middle of a fiasco and die.

I think their biggest problem is nobody is willing to look in the mirror and/or at each other and say "things shouldn't work this way". They're more the type of team that just goes "YEEEEEEEEE HAWWWW, SEND IT BRUTHUR!" and then that's the end of the QA.

Message 10 of 11 (354 Views)