Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: For the love of all that is holy....

by DoomsDay001

Original Post

Highlighted

For the love of all that is holy....

★★★★ Novice

Fix this game!

I love Anthem, I really do. I think the loot situation is not an issue. I think its perfectly fine and all these folks wanting 10 legendaries every mission is going to ruin the game if you let them influence it. The combat system is great, flight is great.... My issues are with game breaking bugs:

Data pilot errors.

I have lost HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of epic embers do to this error. 5 ember per item and using 3 epic enchantments per every mission equals a butt load of lost embers due to this error. (Which I bet we will get no compensation for at all)

Not to mention the countless missions that have to get started over. My longest attempt to do a single mission is 9 times. Remember this isnt just 9 attempts. This is 18 loading screens. At its fastest is 30-45 seconds on an ssd drive to get in, on its slowest is 60-90 seconds on that same ssd. MUCH worse on a regular hdd. Thats at a minimum of 9 minutes of loading screens and possibly more than 18 minutes just in the one instance alone and it happens every freaking day!

New since the patch:

Game just drops out to the desktop (not new but rarely happened for me but happens multiple times a mission since the patch).

Trying to do the daily today. I did 2 legendary contracts and was dropped to the desktop 5 times just trying to do those 2 contracts.Just fyi, I had to do a 3rd contract because the 1 other person that was in the 1st contract with me, finished it before i could get back  in cause it dropped me near the end of the third wave and so I didnt even get credit for the time spent in that mission.And just fyi, got dropped twice in that third mission.

Why for the love of god are you having us do 2 legendary missions for part of the daily? There is only 1 available and your having us do it multiple times? Sitting through over 5 minutes of cut scenes that cant be skipped MULTIPLE times? Just insane!

During having to do those 2 legendary missions, got dropped to desktop 3 times each, all at random times. I was lucky on the last one, I got in just as they opened the chest at the end so I actually got credit for it.

On that same note. If your going to require us to do 6 freeplay events for the daily, then make it where we can get credit for doing 6 daily events in a single session without having to quit out and go back into freeplay. I cant tell you the number of times I have done events and not gotten credit for them.

I cant tell you the last time I had a full team to do anything in this game. With all the pilot data errors and the dropping to desktop, its a miracle anyone gets to the end of a mission to actually complete it. And I can tell you that in the last few weeks, I rarely ever have more than 2 people in a contract anymore Even on GM2.

Why can you not save our Ultimate bar? Is it that freaking impossible to remember how much ultimate we have built up? Especially with all these drops to desktop, its frustrating to get back in and oh look, my ultimate bar is empty. Also speaking of ultmate, how about fixing it that if we accidently hit the button but we dont fire anything, that it doesnt use it up! 

It now takes 2-3 times longer to salvage items. For each piece salvaged it now seems it has to salvage, then wait till the server registers it, flash around the item then go on to the next one. Very frustrating. Why is there no salvage all blues/epics/masters buttons or even a simple salvage all button? (this one is a wish)

Message 1 of 10 (474 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Don't disagree. there is more than one legendary mission though, isn't there?

Like:

Legendary Incursion

Legendary Fortress of Dawn

Legendary Freelancer Down

Legendary Finding Old Friends

Message 2 of 10 (430 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
It wouldnt let me choose anything but that one mission. Maybe it was a fluke but it only had that one available. For me it was the fortress of dawn.
Message 3 of 10 (420 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

There are four of them in the rotation, but I think only one is available on any given day. Which, I agree, it’s kind of weird to have to do them twice for the daily. Especially if it’s a longer one like Fortress of Dawn.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 4 of 10 (394 Views)
Highlighted

OP is correct on all counts.  I feel your pain.

Message 5 of 10 (325 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Yes this game is getting functionally worse. A long but on-point post.

This even disregards the opinion aspects around loot balance etc.

The cut scenes not being skippable is due to syncing all players in the mission I think.... but it is 100% fixerupable (is that a word? :P) and other games manage it. It's unconscionable in a game where you have to repeat the mission too!

Loot salvaging. Try to salvage different colour loot - there is a time difference. Blue is faster than purple etc. Some genius did this and it seems like the sort of stupidity that would exist on a console game.

Not having an OJ, Purple, Green, grey button to "Salvage all" of those colours post mission is just simply stupid and short sighted.

The game NEEDS ingame chat/communication and tools for linking friends, or grouping while in Freeplay. What thought bubble promoted that this would help a MP open world game? The Shed BW implemented wasn't enough.... it's not a social hub no matter what you call it!

I love this game. So much of the combat fidelity and the idea of the world is amazing. EA and BW screwed the launch by releasing with too may bugs. progressive patches have been fixes with more serious bugs; the type that cause people to stop playing. This game can't survive let alone thrive if people quit. EA will dump resourcing rather than fight through the dip to get back on top I suspect as the IP/Lore for Anthem is not yet entrenched. It's a problem they have created but I suspect amongst all of the wailing about "balance" issues the truth of this failing will be lost.

If the community could hold its breath for a fortnight I think it might go ok.... but I also know that it only took that long to lose the community in WH40k Inquisitor Martyr which suffered the IDENTICAL issues (same bugs with netcode and crashes, same issues around balance/loot). THeir stability issues broke MP so the community dissolved. 

Message 6 of 10 (296 Views)
Highlighted

Yep.  I played for a bit today until the crashing drove me nuts.  I'll try again next week.  Maybe some miracle patch will be applied behind the scenes.

Message 7 of 10 (250 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I think the loot salvaging delay is because the list is re-sorted between items.

Message 8 of 10 (201 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@thrca1 wrote:

I think the loot salvaging delay is because the list is re-sorted between items.

I've come to the same conclusion.

The delay isn't that big when you start at the end of the list, and it gets smaller the more items you already salvaged.

I guess the process could be optimized, but it's nothing game breaking for me. 

Most of the time I'm not in that much of a hurry when playing.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 9 of 10 (161 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The issue is this wasnt an issue prior to the latest update. You might get a delay once in a while but for the most part the second you finished salvaging the last one, you could now salvage the next one. Now there is a 1-3 second delay for each piece. You are right in that it may not be game breaking but its still a serious bug that was introduced with yet another patch. All these things add up to seriously wasted game time that literally has nothing to do with gaming at all. I actually was one of those non ssd owners that suffered through 2+ minute load times, often 2.5+ minutes.

Think about that. that 9 times to get into 1 mission to complete it could take a non ssd person easily 20+ minutes before they ever get to actually play. Thats not including extra loading screens that can end up coming up and causing even more delays, then on top of that, every time you finish a mission, you could end up with yet another 30 second to 2 minute delay just trying to get rid of loot that your never going to use. Everything Masterwork and below is not worth anything to me, so I have to spend a fair amount of time after each mission destroying it. The extra delay just adds to the frustration of the bugs that are already in the game that are not getting fixed.

Unfortunately, I am a single parent that gets about 2 hours of gametime after I have put my daughter to bed and instead of me going to bed, Im robbing 2 hours of sleep to be able to play a game that I really love to play. So my gaming time is precious which also means I dont normally have time for multiple games so 1 game gets my devotion at a time. Im not demanding perfection, Just to be able to actually play the game and not spend most of my precious little gaming time looking at loading screens or VERY POINTLESS delays.

Message 10 of 10 (130 Views)
Twitter Stream