For the love of God, we need "Broke a Shield!" voiceline...

by bosourd

Original Post

For the love of God, we need "Broke a Shield!" voiceline...

★★ Pro

This is gonna be so helpful when you playing with randoms and none of us want to use a mic, cause right now, the only times I use my mic is to tell my squad I broke a shield.

I lost so many fights & kills because my randoms didn't want to push after I broke 1 or 2 shields and sacrificed my own health, they just stayed behind waiting for an asteroid to finish the job.

Also to be fair, sometimes I'm the one who didn't push because I didn't know if the enemies were at full health or not. But fortunately, I'm a pretty agressive player so I pushed no matter what. Especially if I see my mate pushing.

Please, I solo Q often and this is killing me. Devil

Message 1 of 23 (583 Views)

Re: For the love of God, we need "Broke a Shield!" voiceline...

★★★★★ Expert
@bosourd HOW CAN I NOT HAVE SEEN THIS THREAD BEFORE... maybe it’s been done but I just forgot but YES, YES WE NEED THIS!

The only downside is that they’d need to say either “I broke the (maybe even color as an indicator of what you’re dealing with OR to maybe differentiate between the enemy team players) shield of one” or “I broke the (same as before) of ‘X legend’”. The downside in first is obvious. No clear distinction of whom you broke the shield (or what color). The second one is that the voice line is highly specific and given Respawn’s track record it’ll be buggy... xD. That and voice lines dont ‘keep going’. It’s usually said after some time. So lets say you broke shield and 5 secs later that person already upped shield again. Your character likely wont say the same line so fast again. Or think about if you broke the shields of 2 at the same time... imagine that XD. Or even in multi team battle with multiple the same characters. Teammates might think that a player or players keep shielding when in fact you dominate multiple enemies...

I really want this feature tho... would be good for solo & premades. Sometimes in the heat of the battle I forget to mention that I cracked a shield or forget to mention who’s shield I cracked 😅.
Message 2 of 23 (576 Views)

Champion
@bosourd This is a great idea.

Also I would like the game to say one shot as my teammates sometimes get confused. 🤣
Message 3 of 23 (572 Views)

★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q Solid point, but the least they can do is just to release this feature and work for improvements along the way. If anything, it'll only improve the gameplay!

OR, put another ping option about a broken shield (just like enemy here) with a different catchy icon so we can bind it to a key and spam it if we broke another shield in a matter of seconds!
Message 4 of 23 (564 Views)

★★ Pro
@hayhor imagine all the legends saying "1 HP!! 1 HP!!" xD
Message 5 of 23 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@bosourdAnd to say which legend. They should put more stuff in like this. If I'm playing on my own with randoms I don't bother with my headset at all.

@Koochi-Q it would be a nightmare to have you and your legend telling me that someone was weak/one shot xD

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 23 (554 Views)

★ Guide

@GH0STEDbyME you mean considering @Koochi-Q is forever telling us they're one shot but next minute have almost full health Tongue out

Message 7 of 23 (549 Views)

Champion
@fallenH3ll You do that as well tho :P You tell me someone's one shot, I'll shoot them and they've still got a shield xD

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 23 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@bosourdYea but that would not be used much, I guarantee it. How often when you’re fighting and you know you can’t down a person either due to environment or bullets or your own health will you mid shooting or 1 second after start pinging ‘enemy here’.

Now take that concept and apply it to (at least console players) having to open ping menu and using ‘no armor-having fleshling here’ xD. It wont be done. Auto voice would be best.

But it’ll def improve gameplay. But look how long ppl are asking for more/better pings like ‘attack this enemy’ so you can focus fire, ‘I’m going here, dont attack yet’, ‘flanking’ or heck even ‘See enemy here, dont start shooting’.

I can’t tell you how many times the flanking or I’m going here don’t shout would have helped me. Some scatterbirdbrained ppl are so erring (wow wanted to do a substitution of ‘effing’ but even more kid friendly so typed that and it didn’t get red underscored so I knew it was a real word and it actually fits XD) clueless. I see an enemy maybe 50-100m. I crouch, CROUCH my way over so I can get an easy down... what do these knuckleheads do... when I’m 30m from target almost ready to strike, they €£*%# open fire from that 50-100m distance. Either fully auto or single fire, enemy turns around and starts shooting at me... or enemy turns around, sees me and runs away or starts running right away... It happens without fail...

My teammates also never carry a sniper... if they do it by sniper at least the enemy gets hurt instead of the 1-3 bullets from an AR out of 10-30 shot...

@fallenH3ll In a minute I can heal up a lot of times! It should take you a second to stay shooting! xD

Message 9 of 23 (543 Views)

★ Guide

@GH0STEDbyME no I said I broke his shield &you were like 'he has purple'.. yes correct Columbo he has purple because he just looted my box! Large smile

Message 10 of 23 (542 Views)