Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: For the love of God, get rid of "The mission is ending in 10s" thi

by Sku110ne

Original Post

For the love of God, get rid of "The mission is ending in 10s" thing...

★★★★ Novice

or at least extend it to 30 seconds or something.  I've lost count of how many drops I've missed thanks to this bizarre choice.  Tonight for example, I was running contracts and right at the end of one I had a Legendary and Masterwork fall by the wayside because the mission decided to end before I could get to them.  I got to within touching distance and then BAM! mission closes.

Message 1 of 9 (294 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've now ended up often swooping down to collect MW and especially lego loot mid battle due to this issue... not really ideal when I should be getting stuck into the other monsters and doing my part!

Message 2 of 9 (286 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I always thought this was an odd choice. TM ends before the dialog was even finished before 1.0.4.

Why not have a "mission ended, hold square to exit" 

Message 3 of 9 (257 Views)

Champion

@thrca1 wrote:

Because that would break up the premade groups, presumably. Also, I thought Masterworks and Legendaries are supposed to get picked up automatically anyway.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 4 of 9 (241 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Premades would be able to let the leader choose when to leave to take the squad back, or if a squad member wanted to drop out they could hold X.

The whole Mission Ending timer is a pain, lost count of the times Legendary mobs have still be roaming around or Masterwork and Legendary Items are on the floor, its not guarenteed they will get automatically picked up, I've had it hit and miss even in Strongholds.

Message 5 of 9 (202 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@cake404 wrote:

@thrca1 wrote:

Because that would break up the premade groups, presumably. Also, I thought Masterworks and Legendaries are supposed to get picked up automatically anyway.

Because that doesn't work right, and the whole abruptly kicking from the instance is jarring to the UX... 

Message 6 of 9 (180 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@thrca1 wrote:

I always thought this was an odd choice. TM ends before the dialog was even finished before 1.0.4.

This! Most times it’s way too long to wait to exit

Message 7 of 9 (175 Views)

★★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

@thrca1 wrote:

The end of mission Victory screen would need to be removed or be separated into individual victory screens. But the game really needs to be a some way to showing/telling players that the loot was collected, otherwise some will assume that it wasn't. I've counted drops and purposely not collected end of mission loot to confirm that it is automatically collected. Even Elysium loot is auto collected. 

Message 8 of 9 (135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

They need to alter it so rather than the big mission complete thing and countdown to automatic leave, it would be the mission complete banner that stays up for like 2 seconds then it shrinks down into something like what I've created in the picture below.

[Right click > View Image] for full screen

Anthem Good.png

Message 9 of 9 (83 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help