For the love of Apex...

by apostolateofDOOM

Original Post

Re: For the love of Apex...

★★★ Expert

Came because of curiosity (it's my first BR), stayed for the hardcore complexity.

If I'd be a trillionaire, I'd build a dedicated network (like Riot Is trying to do for Valorant), with top of the line servers and fiber optics everywhere, then put the game entirely online, as a service. This way, most of the problems would go away. Still, I'm not sure a few trillions and a decade would be enough. 

Anyway, I'm not a trillionaire, only thing I could actually try to improve is the UI/UX. But there's no Respawn studio in Europe... Standard smile

There's nothing pushing me away from this game at the moment. Maybe it's because I am a game developer myself and perceive the issues differently, who knows...

Message 21 of 36 (482 Views)

★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM If I could I would allow people to derank if they're performing poorly instead of being perpetually stuck in tier 4 of their current rank. I would also change how the point system works instead of focusing on staying alive instead it would focus on your squads ability to wipe other squads.
Message 22 of 36 (457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I'll try and reply to everyone but some posts are showing blank for some reason, unless refreshed then others are. :/  So if I miss you or something you said then just scream, spam and give your arms a wave.

@BaldWraithSimpI would like to see more frequent bug fixes and updates but also more clarity on what changed.  Sentinal/cells was a noticeable one and I'm sure there were others.

@woodsong32I am not really for or against a solos mode but having it added certainly had a positive impact on trios at the time and they don't need to skirt round EAC when they can just go straight through it. Tongue out

@Ayes80Yes SBMM needs some work and as @DarthValtrex said, they are most likely on that atm.

@DoYaSeeMe  If i was a trillionaire this would be the last thing on my mind. Wink Have you thought about moving to the states? Large smile

As a dev, do you think that simple things like the ready up button not being aligned or sound issues couldn't be addressed a bit faster?

@Daze623I saw a post that Diamond 3 for example makes you move up to the next skill bracket and if you can't keep up you effectively get demoted to a lower tier lobby while still remaining in diamond 4 for those that climb and effectively get stuck in games they can't handle. @EA_David If memory serves me right that was your post so if I got something wrong feel free to set me straight.

I would also change the system to give more RP for kills over placement. Camping meta (imo) should be discouraged and would also pay off for riskier plays making tournaments more enjoyable to watch and more likely to encourage people to play ranked which in turn would reduce que times.

Message 23 of 36 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@apostolateofDOOMWell, I have a pretty good life where I am right now, don't really want to start anew half the globe away, although it sounds like a dream come true to work in a triple A studio, on a game that I really like.

I know there are a lot of things that are easy to fix, but many of them are usually very low prio in the list of tasks. When there are many more important issues to fix and the resources are minimal, very few of these low prio tasks ever get to see implementation. I doubt there's a dedicated UI team at Respawn at the moment, it's more like a concept artist doing the UI concept design and one or more programmers doing the implementation. The concept artist surely has other tasks besides the UI (actually, you can check his contribution to the game here: http://brandonrp.com/portfolio/) and it's the same story for the programmers.

Message 24 of 36 (392 Views)

★ Apprentice

Came to this game because I was new to shooters and had only played Titanfall 2. I actually soon stopped because I was so new at shooters and had no one to play with that the consecutive toxic randoms kind of took the fun out. But I came back a few months ago with a far better grasp on the genre.

Favorite thing is the gunplay and movement. No other shooter feels as tight and intuitive.

If I could change one thing it would be to add solos. It would be nice to play without having to worry about other people. I would honestly play this game like 2x more, but sometimes it's kind of exhausting to play if you don't have a premade. I'm gonna count that as the only thing I don't like too.

As a bonus some smaller, permeant game modes would be cool. I really think a COD style gunfight mode would be so fun. Something quick and aggressive to balance out the longer, sometimes erratic matches in the br mode.

Message 25 of 36 (377 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 I actually like that people cant sandbag and drank. Fifa's ranking system is awful because of this.
Message 26 of 36 (355 Views)

Champion
@apostolateofDOOM I was fed up with fifa and a friend asked me if I wanted to try this instead. I was skeptical but we won my first ever match without doing anything and was hooked.

If I could change one thing right now I'd fix the aliens who try to highjack the sound to communicate with players. The noise is horrific at times.
Message 27 of 36 (353 Views)

Champion

Personally i'd like another LTM that isn't basically identical to the standard mode.

Both the h'ween/xmas LTM's made for a refreshing change of pace. I'm all for LTM's that test mechanics for possible content updates but i feel LTM's should be fun first and foremost.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 28 of 36 (312 Views)

@Daze623 I think the ability survive is a big part of the game dynamic. The ultimate goal of the game is to finish as champs, not stack kills. Knowing when to go for the kill and when to rotate around trouble is a big part of the game.

I played purely for wins for a few weeks and found that I could boost my win ratio up quite a bit by playing for wins not kills. Really planning map rotations, keeping thermal nades ready to use to buy time for an exit.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 29 of 36 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DoYaSeeMeSounds like you're to comfortable. Get the application in and then we'll know who to vent at! Tongue out

When they expanded the loot bins and you couldn't pick stuff up properly, that shouldn't have taken a whole season to fix even with limited resources. They could have done something about it straight away or reverted it back with additional loot to the pool.

Maybe I lack the understanding of how things work behind the scenes but other indie games have addressed issues like that in days so for such a successful AAA title to ignore it for so long appears pretty lapse imo.

@hayhor If you make contact can you tell them I'm trying to hitch a ride. Thumbs up

@MandatoryIDtag @tokyo_prison I heard they have a fair few modes in TF2 (didn't play it myself) so couldn't they bring a couple over that have been tried and tested? I'm thinking along the lines of TDM LTM, PVP CO-OP missions, capture the flag ect..

Message 30 of 36 (269 Views)