Re: For the love of Apex...

by Ayes80

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@AlphabetsI put my reasons into a quick reply to you but I wanted to expand on what people said and cut yours short abit, my bad.

I think training could do with some AI that shoots back that you could increase the difficulty and help those, especially on pc, to increase reaction speeds if they come across a pro team or aimbot and new players getting live fire training.

As for legend balance, i think they have come a fair way. It'll never be perfect given the way legends are built in this game and still more that can be done with additional changes in different seasons to mix up the meta, but on the whole, they have done reasonably well on that front imo.

@Koochi-Q Beginning of the next cycle is also usually limited except the handful of showcase games so we might have to wait awhile till we have enough to pick and choose from.

Being such a devote member to the cause, i hope i'll get a signed hardback of the ''Khronicles of Kooch''. :P

@SS_MabezanMaybe they are just as bad but with more playtime? Thinking

@saintxaequitas81What's wrong with shotguns?

@Daze623What would you change?

@Extremejinks A more relaxed way to play would be great and I honestly don't understand why they can't be creative with adding more none BR even in a LTM.

Message 11 of 36 (508 Views)

[ Edited ]

@apostolateofDOOMRight now it would be deal with the teaming. Duos is nearly unplayable at the moment. Whether it’s third partying or Teaming, i have not had a single engagement tonight that did not involve at least 2 teams.

the teaming is also showing in the jumps. So many people try to land with their friends it’s fairly obvious. I had one round in which I saw 10 squads go for hot drop... i’d bet at least half of those squads were teaming buddies trying to land in the same area.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 36 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DarthValtrexI only played a couple of games when it came back but remember it being quite frantic at times not being able to distinguish who was on what team as we were surround by a fair few so I have been lucky not to experience teaming although I have seen a fair few complaints. 

Message 13 of 36 (490 Views)

@apostolateofDOOM There are a lot of instances in which it seems like it. But I think Duos has a higher rate of third partying. Tonight has just been brutal though, we'd finish off 2 squads, then 2 more were right on top of us. It really makes you start to wonder how is it that we keep getting pushed by teams of 2?! The rate at which we were getting focus fired on by multiple squads was really high as well. You're sitting there wondering why they are not shooting at each other?

Message 14 of 36 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Better servers

Better anti-cheat

More frequent bug fixes and updates

Either fix your SBMM or remove it cuz it's crap anyways

Balance all legends and not take 1 year for it

Message 15 of 36 (449 Views)

@BaldWraithSimp I think they are trying to compile data and running various models with SBMM right now. That's what I'm seeing in terms of its consistency. There will be adjustments and growing pains but hopefully it will settle out into a nice system that creates a fun and competitive environment for all skill levels.

Message 16 of 36 (405 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AlphabetsYou can turn on the dummies, which helps them learn recoil control. There are also players who will go into the firinf range with new players and help them. I offer to when I bump into new players

Learning to loot, how to build guns and manage inventory is probably the hardest part of the game for new players, especially ones with no BR experience. Once players have that down, then its just learning map rotation, legend movement and so on.

Message 17 of 36 (392 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex Yes, I totally agree with you. The only problem is that a new player (lv 1) don’t know how to friend with others to play on firing range or how to activate dummies... one of my friends tried it and he could only ping and loot, he even didn’t know how to use zip lines in a match 😅😂
Message 18 of 36 (380 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not only should they make the duos more fair overall, but they should also BRING BACK SOLOS! In addition, they really ought to upgrade the EAC system so as to make it more difficult to skirt around or under.

Message 19 of 36 (345 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

This game needs a better matchmaking. The skill gap is way to big. No fun for less skilled players (like myself).

I should never be in a lobby where i have to encounter Predator ranks or guyy with a 20 kill badge or 4k damg badge,.. ridiculous...

The last couple of weeks it seems as if the mmr is completly turned off.

Message 20 of 36 (337 Views)