Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

For People Who Actually Like the Game

by xSupportalKombat

Original Post

Highlighted

For People Who Actually Like the Game

★★ Apprentice

The internet loves to whine about any minor inconvenience in new games. But so far, I actually really enjoy the game. It is exactly what i was expecting, a Destiny carbon copy, minus a lot of the major flaws, and u get to freakin fight while flying. I dont know, I was just making this thread in the hopes that there are more people than just me who are enjoying the game, and we can actually discuss the game, not the "this load screen takes too long and its definitely not because i have 10 year old hardware, 100% bioware's fault" posts which seem to be all any1 wants to talk about. maybe im crazy.

Message 1 of 45 (812 Views)

Re: For People Who Actually Like the Game

★★★★★ Guide

@xSupportalKombat   I'm one of the PS4 peeps having to wait (...and wait...and wait...and wait) so I'm here to vicariously live through those who are already playing.  Thanks for saying the game is thus far living up to your expectations.  I'm desperately trying to hang on to my need for this game to be great.  I'm in a fragile state because games disappoint me.  Everything about this game (having played the demos) suggest strongly that I will have fun.  Anthem will spark joy in my heart, repeatedly.  I think.  Thanks for choosing to pour some sunshine into this forum, for reinforcing my resolve to continue to self-persuade myself.  Most helpful, indeed!  :eahigh_file:

Message 2 of 45 (798 Views)

★ Guide

@xSupportalKombat wrote:

The internet loves to whine about any minor inconvenience in new games. But so far, I actually really enjoy the game. It is exactly what i was expecting, a Destiny carbon copy, minus a lot of the major flaws, and u get to freakin fight while flying. I dont know, I was just making this thread in the hopes that there are more people than just me who are enjoying the game, and we can actually discuss the game, not the "this load screen takes too long and its definitely not because i have 10 year old hardware, 100% bioware's fault" posts which seem to be all any1 wants to talk about. maybe im crazy.

Good Post!

I think some of the most vocal folks are the ones who like to complain about things... And they rush around too fast, not enjoying the journey/experience...

C'mon guys, its like Ferris said, Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and take a look around, you could miss it.

Playing a game like Anthem (or Destiny) so the you can "get to the end" and them complaining that you've run out of content is a little silly. The content of a grinding looter is to take your time to explore, gather, build, and slowly, over time, increase your arsenal and equipment. If you don't enjoy that slow, fulfilling process, then you're playing the wrong type of game.

If you want wham-bam, get in, get out, give me all the shiny gear as fast as possible, then you need to play another game... and get out of my matchmaking so you can stop rushing through the darn missions and dragging the rest of us along on your ADD-riddled ride...

See everyone in the skies 2.22

!!

Message 3 of 45 (779 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
my home is enjoying anthem sofar,
we have a few gripes naturally,
and when i find obvious bugs, i report em.
simple enough
Message 4 of 45 (773 Views)

★★ Apprentice
i think the problem is people were looking at this as destiny 3, and expecting it to reinvent the genre. so going into it, theyre setting themselves up for disappointment. if u know what ur getting into and just enjoy the game for what it is, its a lot of fun. tbh, outside of the load screens being a little long, which is not a big deal at all, and has nothing to do with the game, it is a massive upgrade from destiny. the graphics alone are phenomenal, the voice acting and npc animation is amazing, and the customization is (while not the most in-depth customization ever) still pretty damn neat. hopefully you dont let the negative people sway ur opinion. should always at least try a game before you judge it. never know
Message 5 of 45 (769 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
it does * me off when that ONE guy is a mile in front and im chasing down a (your too far out of bounds) warning and getting teleported
Message 6 of 45 (767 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
well, the graphics OUTSIDE fort tarsis are Top notch,
but the PEOPLE look like Bigfoot (a blurred monster)
Message 7 of 45 (754 Views)

★ Apprentice

We all need to keep in mind we are playing before official release, there is probably going to be a day 1 patch just like most modern releases.

Message 8 of 45 (752 Views)

★★ Apprentice
true, but the load screens for the quick teleport havent been too bad. pretty quick. at least in my experience.
Message 9 of 45 (745 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m having a great time playing the game so far.  I’ve never played any of the destinys, so I don’t know how it compares.  I’ve had very few frustrations so far...ones to be expected when publishers rush to get a game out.  Looking forward to what it turns into.

Message 10 of 45 (731 Views)
Twitter Stream