Re: For God's sake...stop dropping in fragments!

by aisthebestletter

Original Post

★★ Expert
@CocoaTheHyena I'm pretty sure the objective of BR pubs is to be the last team standing, i.e. winning. There's little experience to gain dropping 10 teams ontop of one another, unless the experience you're searching for is located somewhere in the lobby.
There's more than enough loot for two teams in Fragment.
Message 21 of 29 (419 Views)

Champion
@CocoaTheHyena Ah the old pubs isn't competitive argument. I could obviously argue that practicing apex is more than fighting. Hot dropping teaches you to fight but nothing else. No rotations. No ability to properly 3rd a fight or get out of a fight, which in the highest levels of ranked really become important factors.

So considering that, hot dropping is still poor. The only real reason people do it is badge chasing. And let's face it, most people's high damage and kill games come after a series of really bad games, when their lobby suddenly becomes easier.
Message 22 of 29 (415 Views)

@Cheese9Man I've been thinking about it and there's not much that will stop hot drop Henry and friends unless the drop ship has seperate drop times and landing locations per squad, preset by random selection. Kinda like dividing the map up with barriers for a minute to allow everyone to kit up and then start to move. But I can't see that happening. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 23 of 29 (404 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper Since you've been playing Fortnite, how do people drop there? Do they hot drop or are they more spread out?
Message 24 of 29 (386 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I see this "problem" posted on a regular basis.

In my experience this almost never happens.  The number of times I've dropped in Fragment West I can probably count on one hand.  I did it once as my brother pinged it as he was taking the * and didn't believe me it was a bad place to land.  We were in the lobby within 30 seconds.

It's like everyone complaining about Diamonds and Preds in their lobbies.  It's very rare that really seems to happen (and given the share of the playing base that falls into that category, it will be rare as it's a pretty small crowd - Statistically speaking this *must* be true).

Not sure what to make of all this.  Anyone else feel this way?

Message 25 of 29 (378 Views)

@Cheese9Man there was a serious hot drop called tilted towers a few seasons back in a previous map, have seen up to 20 of 100 hitting it in solo) . Since then there hasn't been such a large poi. But I think it may be making a comeback and is hidden under the ice at the moment and will reappear once the ice melts. So it will be interesting to see what happens. 

Fortnite poi's are smaller and more spread out so you get a much wider spread in the drop. In squad pubs 2 maby 3 or 4 squads going to the same poi, but really nowhere gets really congested like fragment. Same in duo, solos you might have 8-10 hitting the same poi. Loot is more spread out too, found almost anywhere. 

I did grind up to champion level in fortnite ranked and what I noticed was that up to 85 out of the 100 dropped in the first half of the bus's flight path. The numbers dropped rapidly in the first few minutes, points for kills. That was solo and again what was left seemed very spred out.

I guess the larger the poi the more will center on it. I've had 20 kills solo in squads (not a Smurf account Large smile) , but there are no badges or rewards for kills so the focus is very much on the br win. Leader boards also seem to focus on the win numbers. They now have a new emote that is a counter for 2 wins in a row. 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 26 of 29 (367 Views)

★★★ Novice

If they can remove skull town, they can remove fragment. My fingers are crossed personally 

Message 27 of 29 (267 Views)

I kid you not, I just had 6 games in a row where the jumpmaster dropped fragment. I quit each one before landing. I'm seriously done with this map. 

Message 28 of 29 (217 Views)

@aisthebestletter I refuse to quit, and go for a wander. You have 5 seconds to press jump solo, that's plenty of warning to the jm to choose a better drop, but they don't, even in ranked. 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 29 of 29 (184 Views)