Footsteps

by MyCanklesHurt

Original Post

Footsteps

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Why is the sound for foot steps so inconsistent? Can this please get fixed? There are times i can hear enemy footsteps over teammate footsteps, over gunfire, 50+ meters away and then there are times they are a literal ghost making zero noise. It has gotten me a bunch of kills and has also gotten me killed a bunch as well.

Message 1 of 19 (515 Views)

Re: Footsteps

★★★★ Pro
You are right the inconsistency is annoying. I never have this issue in BFV.
Message 2 of 19 (487 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@MyCanklesHurt wrote:

Why is the sound for foot steps so inconsistent? Can this please get fixed? There are times i can hear enemy footsteps over teammate footsteps, over gunfire, 50+ meters away and then there are times they are a literal ghost making zero noise. It has gotten me a bunch of kills and has also gotten me killed a bunch as well.

@MyCanklesHurt Footsteps is one of the single most infuriating issues for me.

Respawn are aware and are working on it, but when a fix will be released is unconfirmed. Sooner rather than later..... fingers crossed.

Message 3 of 19 (466 Views)

★ Pro
That's a Lie , Because I remember specifically they had to fix footsteps in BF5.. Carry on.
Message 4 of 19 (456 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@MyCanklesHurt this has been a known issue since launch however respawn insists on not doing hotfixes so my guess is the season 2 update is the soonest. if not then season 3

Message 5 of 19 (446 Views)

★ Guide

@apexistrash08 doing season updates is such a stupid thing to do, for honor does it and that game has fallen apart by season 3. If that is the case then this game is running on barrowed time.

Message 6 of 19 (420 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yup it's impressing that someone running 100m away on metal can sometimes make a sound. But climbing 2 meter from you or jumping is no sound,....

Message 7 of 19 (383 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Huntinwabits 

BF5 is an entirely different Engine, Not hearing specific sounds in games can be for a number of reasons the limited through-put of those shoddy USB sound dongles is one, The extra 7.1 surround software introducing a Null effect by doing the same thing 2x which many game engines already have BINAURAL 3D sound output, But people get caught up in the gimicks of it all ticking that special box or slider or drop menu wow much many wow.

AMAZING REAL LIFE RGB GAMING HEADSET 7.1 SUPER SURROUND SOUND BLAH BLAH THC THX ETC ETC ETC enabled blahhhhhhhh

Cpu can also be a limiting factor with sound processing and the sound drops because of running out of processing time. 

Check your sound output Format you might be flooding the device and it could be dropping certain sounds.

Message 8 of 19 (361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@MyCanklesHurt respawn has stated publicly they do not believe and will not conduct weekly/bi-weekly updates and that they will focus on pushing out only "large game changing updates". this is why after 3 months there have only been 3 updates. audio has been an issue since launch and was cited by the devs in a post as a "known issue" over a month ago and has yet to be fixed. my honest guess is that you will have to wait until season 2 for any fixes provided that it is even on the agenda for season 2. if not then based on there update stance i reckon it would be till the next season

in this post here 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/Live-Balance-Update/m-p/7641591#M16

it states 

"The exception here is that we will be very quick to adjust things that are way out of balance (for example, if we released a new character that completely dominates the meta from Day 1, we'd address it ASAP)."

yet the pathfinder hitbox issue HAS dominated the meta and this was posted in march...this doesnt seem to be "ASAP" in my opinion as it is now mid may

this is the link to the post about the audio being a known issue...it was over a month ago

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Respawn-Check-in/m-p/7740996#M17255

Message 9 of 19 (356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

BTW 

If your Headset / Headphones require other propriatary things excluding drivers you should consider ditching that company altogether, Especially if those headphones don't have a great sound without the other stuff enabled you know the meats bad when they thrown in handfuls of Chili. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4nabvv/gaming_audio_and_you_why_995_of_gaming_headset...

Read that check out the videos it's still well within relatable advances.

Message 10 of 19 (351 Views)