Re: Footstep audio....yes this again.

by MotherPhoker

Original Post

Footstep audio....yes this again.

Champion

Sooo yup here it is again, the ol' no footstep complaint.

Now i'm pretty sure respawn have claimed to have fixed this twice now.

Yet i'm still getting the issue, just wondering if this is plaguing the rest of you also?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 7 (336 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag It has not escaped my gameplay either. Nothing like setting up a parameter and silently being ambushed to ones doom. Also it happens when the dropship is called after a respawn as well.

Message 2 of 7 (329 Views)

Champion

Yup, it's highly irritating in ranked play. 

I mean hey there is the "your enemy is creeping" argument. Sometimes they simply are. This certainly isn't always the case though. Annoying stuff.

Message 3 of 7 (324 Views)

★ Guide

Now it’s all clear for me aswell why sometimes footstepts cannot be heard. I pinpointed it to the dropships and after that sometimes not just footstept stop playin, but certain other random audio aswell, like reloading or picking up attachments on a gun or even healing items sound stop playing back for a certain amount of time.

Message 4 of 7 (322 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag It hasn’t been fixed and instead it’s gotten worse. Audio has slightly improved, BUT whenever I play, in addition to not hearing ppl behind me, now sometimes I don’t hear them to either side of me
Message 5 of 7 (278 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I was having this near every game before I stopped playing a few months ago.

Since coming back and playing the new map, I thought footsteps were fixed as I've not had any issues (so far).

This game can be sooo inconsistent. This problem plagued me on KC while others didn't have an issue.

I'm on PS4 btw.

Message 6 of 7 (233 Views)

Champion

@Silz616  i'll admit its not as bad as previously.

It's certainly still there though, i was literally watching a corner while my team mate respawned another, bangalore comes sprinting round the corner and i had 0 audio warning from her footsteps. Got the kill but it was messy as hell, footsteps in advance would have made life alot easier. :,)

Message 7 of 7 (221 Views)