Re: Footsteps broken AGAIN (Jan 29 patch)

by IIIZiPIII

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Footstep audio still inconsistent (Apr 30 2019 patch)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01.02.19 17:30
Summarize your bug Well it looks like we're back to the missing footstep audio. Having enemies walk right up on me with 100% silence again. Definitely preferred the really loud footsteps over nothing.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? FREAKING NINJAS!
What should be happening instead? Should hear enemies approaching.

NA.

Message 1 of 23 (2,081 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Footstep audio still inconsistent (Apr 30 2019 patch)

★★ Pro

@Uncensorious  LOL I quit this game last summer - problem solved. Hilarious that it took over 1.5 years to address this issue though I still doubt it's been fixed.

View in thread

Message 22 of 23 (1,786 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I don't know about PS4 but they are just fine now on the PC.

Are you sure they are "missing"?

Message 2 of 23 (2,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Yes. Not in all instances. BUT I've had enemies walk right up on me with ZERO audio clues. Just like when it was broken before. Nice way to ruin a near perfect game (38-0 then 38-1 with Assault) this morning when an enemy walked up on me with ZERO NOISE and killed me.

JUST when you think you can love the game again - stuff like this happens.

Message 3 of 23 (2,023 Views)

★★ Pro

Quick update to my original post. STILL having a lot of issues hearing enemy footsteps in the game. I see a lot of streamers still complaining about it also. And a lot of people I talk to in-game. Don't tell me it's been fixed because it hasn't.

Message 4 of 23 (2,004 Views)

Re: Footstep audio still inconsistent (Apr 30 2019 patch)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've nor noticed the footsteps but other game audio, gunshots etc seem reversed coming from right when actually left etc

Message 5 of 23 (1,972 Views)

★ Apprentice

Maybe for you they are fine but there not fine for me and many others on PC ,I have tried many things trying to fix it but its not me its the game ,Even youtubers like levelcap is having footstep problems ,With out me turning my settings all up to 100% and blowing my ears out thats the only way i would hear footsteps .I've tried with creative x7 asus stx ,And many headphone's from AD700X DT990 PRO HD 650 and others and yet still nothing is fixing footsteps , so i am happy that some are hearing them when others are not seems fair to say its fine when its not and you are happy .when others are not . I dont just say its not working for the hell of it .

This game is broken when it comes to audio ,There is no spotting as such in this game unless recon spots or support as spotting setup when aiming ,Other then that this game needs to have perfect audio cue's which it does not sadly .And footsteps are very broken .

Message 6 of 23 (1,959 Views)

Panzerstorm Sound Bug/Glitch (VERY LOUD)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 14.05.19
Summarize your bug Loud sound glitch almost a loud "wind" type screeching sound when in stationary AA and front seat gunner of tanks.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get on a AA gun and look around.
What happens when the bug occurs? Loud sound that masks all over sounds.
What should be happening instead? Normal gameplay sounds..

So recently anytime I'm on Panzerstorm and in a AA there is a sound glitch thats very loud and drowns out all over sounds almost 95%. I've cycle through the different sound settings with no change in this bug. Noticed this yesterday.. only on Panzerstorm. Has anyone else noticed this and any info/tips on my side I could try to rectify this would be amazing!?

Message 7 of 23 (1,969 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone,

This is currently being investigated so you're not going crazy, footsteps and sound can be cutting out on you. We need your help!

Sounds cutout, muffled, footsteps are inaudible or too loud for the distance.

• Platform: ALL
  • Status: We are currently investigating this issue. If you're experiencing this, please share a video link (and your system specs/sound setup) so we can dig in further. Send your clips to battlefieldsocial@ea.com with the Subject Line: "Audio Issues - Battlefield V"

BFV Quality of Life Tracker

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 23 (1,935 Views)

★★ Pro

Glad to see this is being looked at because it's been an issue since the launch of the game. It's basically game breaking since somebody can run up on your completely silently and kill you with no notice.

Message 9 of 23 (1,925 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Hi CM one thing that I have noticed over other BF games .Is that for some reason in BFV the volume is broken ,What do i mean by this !! Here is an example of what I am saying , BF1 30% ingame & desktop 50% volume / BFV 80% & desktop 100% just to get the sound equal to that of BF1  , Not including footstep as we already know there broken .But volume is all so broken in BFV . 

No good sending in any clips to you guys as it would be a very long one, Because its like it all the time for me ,And I dont joke when i say i have tried more times trying to get the sound better then i have spent playing the game ,Not a good idea when all i want to do is enjoy the game with out getting very frustrated to the point of leaving and not wanting to come back ,Now i just play with out sound on thats our annoyed i feel about it .If the sound is broken then i may as well just play this way right .

Good to hear its getting looked at ,

Message 10 of 23 (1,914 Views)