Re: Food of thought

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

Food of thought

★★★★★ Expert

I opened this as a discussion between GW2 and Star wars battlefront firestorm. I'm Star wars and GW2 fan but I haven't bought Star wars game yet and I see there're huge firestorm and backlash from the gamer for SW (StarWars).

I see SW implement many GW2 features that work really well on GW2 but * off a lot of SW gamers:

1. Unlock legendary/party character.

In GW2, we have to earn it (except recent pay to win from a broken frosty upgrade), but the same reasoning for SW, get a huge firestorm until Disney CEO steps in.

2. Earning based on playing time.

In GW2, we earned coins based on playing time and gain experience when doing well and we're happy with it, but SW gamers feel this doesn't encourage player doing well (which is true).

What do you guys think about this? I find something works well for one game, become a total disaster on another game. 

Message 1 of 5 (606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

[Do not attempt to bypass the swear filter - CM]

Message 2 of 5 (580 Views)

Tell us how you really feel, @Gormey!
Message 3 of 5 (572 Views)

★ Expert

Ha, ha, I didn't try to bypass swear filters...I typed it out and that's what the forum converted it to.  Anyway, I'll be more strategic in my wording next time.

Message 4 of 5 (537 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have bought the 'upgrade packs' but I have the impatience of a subatomic particle so no shocker there. The loot crates in BF2 really have been getting roasted by the gaming community at large and I have to agree with the rancor. While I do buy some things in game I don't want and don't expect to get actual material advantages over other players. Paladins is currently getting downvoted like mad on Steam for their OB64 card changes that people hate for this mentality.

My friend that I play GW2 with most of the time hasn't bought anything beyond the deluxe version of the game and is max level but lacks a lot of the stickers and has less consumables than I do but that's about it. I have no actual advantage over him despite spending money and that's the way it should be. ENCOURAGE me to spend more money not cajole me to do so.

Message 5 of 5 (500 Views)