Flood Map ( No Circles )

by i0n19

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Flood Map ( No Circles )

★★★★ Apprentice

I propose a different take on zone funneling in "Battle Royales":

Drop in normal but the floor is partial lava/water, and is rising each zone movement. There would be a need to move upward, giving the map a 3d feel instead of the traditional flat map. mountains would turn into hills. Multiple separate zones would get smaller but would be connected together through bridges and tunnels. Hitting multiple preset jump pads and preset teleporters might be fun? Just trying to get away from the classic "shrinking ring" type zone funneling for battle royales. Standard smile

Message 1 of 12 (466 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Flood Map ( No Circles )

EA DICE Team
This sounds great. :D

/Atic

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (356 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

That actually sounds really cool, would be pretty challenging to make a map like that tho. But in my imagination, that would be lit.

Message 2 of 12 (445 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Wingmannedbro right? 🤩
Message 3 of 12 (425 Views)

★★ Pro
@i0n19 this is gonna give people with mid specs that can barely maintain 60fps frame rate drops like me, the same case with bangalore/gibraltar ult.

Heavy animation, constant movements, more data to process, fighting near the ring would be hell. So i'm happy with the way it is lol.
Message 4 of 12 (404 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@bosourd this is just pre-alpha game mechanics talk. Also, I turn all my settings to low so i can get a nice 80-144Hz all day.
Message 5 of 12 (389 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@i0n19 This is basically the ‘original’ battle royale idea from the movie. Zones ‘lit up’ and you basically had to get away from that zone.
It only wasn’t necessarily with elevations but your idea sounds good. I’ll steal it and make it my own ;D

Copyrighted koochi!
Message 6 of 12 (380 Views)

oh, this sounds amazing.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 7 of 12 (368 Views)

Community Manager

This would be super-fun. A well-placed melee into lava would feel amazing too. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 12 (339 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Not to say it would not be interesting but Fortnite did do this before and it was ok. New meta to get yor head around. Since it was an LTM it was around long enough to figure out how to play it to your advantage, but not long enough to get boring.

Great suggestion though. I hope they (The devs) start putting more ltm's out, that would keep the game interesting. Once every 2 months is a big stretch. I know it has been mentioned about burnout of employees, but there has to be a balance. Players get bored stop playing and you won't have to worry about burnout anymore anyways.

Message 9 of 12 (303 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_David sounds very satisfying.
Message 10 of 12 (302 Views)