Fleetbattle - losing frigates or capital ships on offense?!

by IBlack-White01

Original Post

Fleetbattle - losing frigates or capital ships on offense?!

★★★★ Novice

How is this possible?! There is a deathzone for the defenders to protect the frigates and capitalships for the other (Attacker)Team. Yet I saw a TIE-Defender drifting more then 30 seconds around our frigate and the "defending" Team destroys both of our frigates without problems. I know its possible, if the frigate or flagships has really low health and you're a supporter with turrets and shoot the rocket turret into the deathzone for example but how do some people do this in close quarter with lasers and 20% health for the frigate?! This is making me mad. Is this some kind of glitch or bug or is this cheating?! If yes, this should be fixed, I experienced this several times now!

Message 1 of 7 (1,053 Views)

Re: Fleetbattle - losing frigates or capital ships on offense?!

★★ Guide
@IBlack-White01 I think it's called out-of-phasing.

I started seeing this last week for the first time but I've heard a lot about it. Apparently it's not worth the risk, but people still do it.
Message 2 of 7 (1,006 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BluesyMoo I appreciated your info but I think it's a bit "off Topic". What I meant was that how can someone survive so long in the deathzone of the frigates when my Team is on offense? I know that there is a short retreat time when offense and defense flip but he was way over it. Or is it maybe that all turrets of my frigates where destroyed, so the the frigate can't instant kill anymore? Sadly, I don't have a video recorded.
Message 3 of 7 (959 Views)

★ Guide

They can survive for so long because they can stay extremely mobile forever. There is a limit to how far the AI can lead their shots, so if you keep bouncing around a frigate, it can't hit you even when you're on defense. 

Message 4 of 7 (941 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks for the breakdown of that boost exploit thing. How do people even discover these methods is a mystery to me.

Also, there seems something - I dunno -  a bit  un-Star Wars-y about this manoeuvre. When I saw it it reminded me of the Vipers from the Battlestar Galactica reboot, not SW.

I suppose Poe does a drift at the beginning of TLJ with the boost pod accelerator when he reaches the end of his turret run, but that seemed like a one-off to me.

Message 5 of 7 (929 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BluesyMoo Seems like a bug that should be fixed. Maybe I try it next time in AI or Custom Fleetbattle to test it out.
Message 6 of 7 (899 Views)

★★ Guide

It's not a bug, it's a 'feature'

Message 7 of 7 (880 Views)