Fleet Battles Vs AI is Too Hard

by Michael-J-Woerz

Original Post

Re: Fleet Battles Vs AI is Too Hard

★★★ Apprentice

Dumb question how do you play the  AI,I keep clicking on the one say vs  AI but not getting credit when I win towards daily challenge?

Message 11 of 57 (1,167 Views)

★ Guide

NO! 

Please EA do not tune it down.

The challenge is appropriate.  I do not believe it is so hard that experienced pilots cannot win (I know that you can win).  I find that the game is well and truly tuned appropriately that beginner pilots can absolutely learn and progress themselves a heck of a lot in just a few games.

I only speak for myself and not the community obviously, but to tune it down would be a disservice to the game.  

It seems apparent to me that Ranked play is going to be the future of this game and if people will not practice against challenging bots they will hit a hard wall in Ranked play and that will ruin it for people in all tiers who want to progress but cannot because people will stagnate.  

If you find the bots challenging (and I hear that - their aim is impeccable) then it should encourage you to learn to maneuver, change your loadouts, try different ships (need to see more supports lol).

The game needs help you progress, not hold you back by being easy.

Just my two cents.

Message 12 of 57 (1,154 Views)

★ Guide
@EvilBlakeSnook At first I too had problems with drifting, then I figured out you need to press the boost button again to start drifting, using the dedicated drift button did nothing at all. Hope this helps.
Message 13 of 57 (1,151 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Personally I couldn't see much of a difference in difficulty between easy and normal (as such I agree that easy should get softened down).

I started like everyone on easy and the AI wiped the floor with my face (5-6 times in a row). I don't think that the AI was overpowered in their flying skill or durability like some said, I was able to keep my own in dogfights. I agree with flying in danger zones. If you are in a danger zone any volley from AI fighters or captial ships seems to be an insta kill aka just follow what the game suggests and go on the dfensive.

I eventually theorised that I was constantly losing not because of the difficulty level but because I was in a team with people that are all new and have very little practice (and joined easy to have an easier ride). I subsequently joined in normal mode and guess what I started to win most of the fleet battles.

I know that a lot of you will be disheartened with the losing streak and you just want to get that daily challenge to win one bloody match done. Give it a go on normal, you might be a bit luckier this time.

Also, try dogfight and get some experience. Once you start getting some kills there and kill assists that will definitely boost your confidence and show you that the fleet battle vs AI difficulties aren't just you.

Message 14 of 57 (1,144 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@NathTensent I understand were your coming from but if you think that new players can be an expert straight away then your wrong for the daily challenge Is win the AI match can you see anyone who has 0 experience with the game can win a game with the level of challenge right now for the AI I’ve played 4 AI battles on the game not one of them I’ve won Don’t come on here saying the all new players should be an expert at when it first come out everyone is different has different skills and it’s clear that you don’t understand how others play games if you think that allowing the AI to destroy new players right of the bat then your no Star Wars fan and an impostor to the fan base I’ve loved Star Wars since i was born and don’t take it out on others just because they struggle to get the win if you can’t understand from there point of view don’t make a comment about it
Message 15 of 57 (1,126 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MKh501 Thanks mate do you have too move left or right to do as I do press my boost twice and it doesn’t do it
Message 16 of 57 (1,124 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Ross42899 Yeah I agree with you on that last Saturday night I played 4 games on easy lost every game it’s a bit stupid that EA left this massive issue in the game I lack skill in battle because it’s my first time playing a game like it
Message 17 of 57 (1,114 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ICraftyI I’ve played on easy but still struggle to win lost 4 games last Saturday night I have 0 experience with the game since it’s still new to me
Message 18 of 57 (1,108 Views)

★ Guide
@EvilBlakeSnook You can move in any direction you want ( pitch or turn). First set max power to engines, press boost ( don't hold) when your boost is filled up enough, as you are boosting, press boost again ( don't hold ) and move in the direction you want.
Message 19 of 57 (1,104 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@eegah01 it only counts if you play coop, not solo
Message 20 of 57 (1,132 Views)