Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Fix these items... again... again

by PourSoi

Original Post

Highlighted

Fix these items... again... again

★ Novice

Third times a charm?

Broken character request: still seeing icons that npc's want to gab in the fort. When I approach them, the icons disappear. This happens with Dax most frequently.

The NPCs suck. They are cold, sterile, and I hate them all. Bring some non-redundant life into the fort, please. 

Let us ready up once and stay ready! If I'm leading a squad and they ready up, but I need to quickly add a sigil, let them stay ready. The squad shouldn't have to ready up every time the leader makes a subtle change.

The Epic Shield Sigil blueprint icons are different for equipping and crafting. Please change.

Although the moonwalk is a classic dance move, I'm tired of watching enemies gently glide away while in a firefight. Takes us out of the moment, for sure.

Stop showing the spawn to location timer: A) above the Javelin's heat indicator, and B) when I'm approaching the location of the action. Why not just spawn us closer? Why must we load in, fly toward the location, near the location, and have the timer pop up only to put us into another loading screen and spawn us into the action. This time suck ruins the gameplay. 

Fix the slow servers! There must be a way to decrease load times. Heck, give us a moving visual to help us forget were loading screens more than we're playing if you must, but please do something.

Let us access our arsenal in-game, or let us carry more than two weapons.

I really don't understand how these gameplay asks didnt get polished before release. Please make some swift changes to gameplay quality.

Love and kisses,

Noel

Message 1 of 5 (138 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Fix these items... again... again

★ Pro

>Let us ready up once and stay ready!

> The Epic Shield Sigil blueprint icons are different for equipping and crafting. Please change.

with you on these two, but not most of the others. Certainly not on more than two weapons and I ❤️ The NPCs.

Message 2 of 5 (130 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Banfilidh wrote:

>Let us ready up once and stay ready!

> The Epic Shield Sigil blueprint icons are different for equipping and crafting. Please change.

with you on these two, but not most of the others. Certainly not on more than two weapons and I ❤️ The NPCs.

If you have friends like mine you might want to check whether they set the difficulty to GM3 again while you were not watching.

By now I know what the icons for the sigils I generally use look like, but I'd have no problem with them actually looking the same Thinking

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 3 of 5 (106 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

I had the same issue with the NPC's speech bubble disappearing when I got close, it turned out that while it was popping up from a distance I hadn't fulfilled the requirements for me to talk to them, yes its a minor bug but I am sure it will get fixed.

No to the arsenal access outside of the forge, its been discussed in many previous threads so I wont go into the nitty gritty of why. 

The consumable icons, yes they could be better but once again its a minor thing, I don't care if they fix it now or 3 months from now.

I liked the NPC's, I thought they were fleshed out in the world of Anthem nicely, I would imagine there are more to come as well, cant wait.

The moonwalk thing happens occasionally, I am sure that will be addressed as well.

The respawn, head towards the battle, get another loading screen thing has been talked about before, I even raised it a couple of weeks ago, hope it will be fixed, meanwhile I try not to die then its not an issue.

I am sure that as time goes by servers will be optimised, load times will decrease or disappear, they have already made inroads into this so I assume they are doing what they can.

Message 4 of 5 (91 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

Just for the record: NPCs are not supposed to be “cold and sterile.” At the very least, they’re supposed to have animation loops that show them gesticulating at each other, as if in a conversation.

It would be impractical to include enough recorded audio in the game to be able to actually hear what each NPC is talking about, especially if you don’t want to hear the same conversation every time you pass by them. High quality audio takes up a lot of space, and the game already takes up over 50GB. But the NPCs also aren’t supposed to just be standing there and staring at each other either.

And occasionally, you do run into some NPCs that will actually have brief conversations with each other. Likewise, in the locations like the bar, or the market area, there is supposed to be some music playing. Bottom line is, if everything is loading properly, the fort isn’t really supposed to “feel dead.”

Also, loading times do not necessarily have to do with the servers. It’s more likely to do with your hardware, especially if you have the game installed on a HDD. Same with the enemies moonwalking and generally rubberbanding – check to make sure you don’t have other stuff downloading in the background as you’re playing. Windows likes to update its DNS records first thing after you boot it up. It also likes to download updates whenever it pleases.

And note that having “high speed internet” doesn’t necessarily mean you’re immune to lag. You may have enough bandwidth to play the game while watching a movie, but it may still add latency. Especially if your modem and/or router aren’t the fastest tools in the shed.

Regarding disappearing NPC icons – I haven’t seen that much. But a couple times I’ve seen conversation icons pop up when an NPC had a conversation available that did not involve me. Like when you walk in on Brin listening to Crimson Lancer, for example. It’s still nice to have those icons for those moments, in my opinion, as otherwise they would be easy to miss.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 5 of 5 (67 Views)
Twitter Stream