Fix random teams!

by Hurmuli

Original Post

Fix random teams!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am getting sick of forcing to carry teammates. 12 kills, 2 resurrections and I still come 3rd or 5th because of teammates who can't stay in cover or look for a cover. This is a serious problem since they also refuse to communicate with mics.

And no the solution is not to "find premade" since some of us don't have the time to do that and just want to get a team that can communicate and work together. If respawn doesn't fix this then I see no reason anyone should even play this game.

You force us to play in 3s teams, then ensure people have mics, use them and speak English.

This is easy to work with.

1. Ask if a person speaks English.
2. Is a microphone detected? Yes / No
3. If Yes => Do you want to communicate? Yes / No
4. If Yes => Team up with players who also pressed yes.
If no in any point, team up with others who don't speak English or don't want to use it as a way to communicate.

You got all that fancy ping system, but couldn't make this up? makes you think if this is yet another EA money-making or an actual game you want to develop.

(Profanity removed by CM)

Message 1 of 9 (1,082 Views)

Re: Fix random teams!

★ Guide

Anyway, back to the main topic it's hardly Respawns fault for bad teams is it? You could argue it is for not including solo, duos but as for the teammates themselves it's the luck of the draw. 

Even if they include your points it doesn't mean your team mate is any good. Communication is good but it only gets you so far. 

I will agree that bad teammates does provide a bad experience, and in ranked especially, but on several occasions when I happened to play solo and had a decent teammate I sent a friend request their way and a game invite and winner winner. It's not often I've sent an invite and they haven't accepted or rejected. 

Message 2 of 9 (1,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

<removed by CM>

@Hurmuli, I get what you’re coming from. I don’t play often these days but I remember those good ol days where I’d just wanted to start up and have some competent teammates, but nooo that was too much to ask.

Some people even mentioned that I should expect it like this in non ranked, but I reminded them that most ranked matches was like playing with scared jackrabbits just wanting to hide in corners...

Message 3 of 9 (996 Views)

★★ Guide
@Hurmuli I play on the American servers with a ping of 100ms. You mostly get foreigners on the EU servers who can't speak English, don't have a clue how to play. I find more competent randoms on the American servers. I don't know what it's about platinum rank players on the EU servers, but they're usually trash with no tactical awareness.
Message 4 of 9 (989 Views)

Even thou I agree that the matchmaking sux balls, about 80% of my matches my teammates are below lv. 50, but the solution that you provided is too much.

Do what I do, If I get a team with levels below 50 I just leave right away. But here's thing, one time I get a level 15 teammate, he doesn't show kill stats and he's really good, like almost a hacker level, no joke. First we lost, but he invited me again, luckily this time the 3rd random teammate was quite decent player too so after that we got lots of wins from ranked and normal. I can't 100% tell if that lv 15 guy is aimbotting, my guts tells me he's, but I didn't have the chance to spec him, the thing is he wasn't too dominating like most aimbotters I've been partied with. So our kills wasn't that much of a difference, heck I can't even get a kill if there's an aimbotter on my team. So it was decent game because I was actually contributing to the team.

tbh I didn't care anymore at that point, if he's a hacker or not, since I've been * by hacker too many times, so hacker or not I get results.

Also one time, I got a party with a nub above level 50 and the other one is below 50, they died right away, I ninja grabbed their banners, respawned them again, and then they died again, after that I couldn't save them anymore, I was gonna leave the match since there's no way I would win solo anyway, but these nubs stayed with me they didn't leave the game, even thou I couldn't respawn them anymore, so I kept playing ninja, aiming to get at least a kill before I die, but then what I got instead, was a win without a single kill. 2 enemy squads fighting each other and died to the ring, aww yea.

So bottom line, just play, sometimes you will get new experience with randoms, and sometimes you get a good player from random, if you do, add them and party them next time maybe. If you don't feel like playing with low level nubs just leave.

Message 5 of 9 (932 Views)

★★ Pro

"Foreigners on the EU server who don't speak English."  - It's almost as if England isn't the entirety of Europe :D

Message 6 of 9 (897 Views)

There are a lot of bad players that do speak English. 

I kind of like your seggestions but it does not solve all the problems.

Players who don't speak "can" be helpfull by using the ping system. Yes, speaking is better.

One of my biggest issues is that some people with mics are a complete annoyance. They talk too much about things that have nothing to do with the current game, Tons of background noises or thier mic is crap and there is all this static/hum. I will mute the squad of I hear this as I have a hard enough time hearing even with head phones on so I can't have all that noice.

(Can we get an individual mute while in a match?)

re: poor players. Can't say much about that. I have matches with higher ranked players who were terrible squad mates. They just "do thier own thing" and do not care about the squad. So rank/kills is not an indicator of a good squad mate.

Obviously if they refuse to communicate talking to them is useless. If they have a mic and will talk and listen then talk to them, coach them on where you want them/what do to. I know this has helped me a lot when I was teamed with a good "squad leader".

Message 7 of 9 (889 Views)

@Anlbrd wrote:

"Foreigners on the EU server who don't speak English."  - It's almost as if England isn't the entirety of Europe :D

Unfortunately, much like French in the 1800s was the universal language of trade, Egnlish is the universal language of the Internet. A preffered language setting in the profile and matching people with the same preffered language might help.

BTW, we have a lot of people in the US who do not speak Egnlish or do not speak it well.

Message 8 of 9 (887 Views)

★★★ Novice

on platinum 3, the random system adds 1 ally to the group with platinum rank 4 and his friend bronze 2, one of them does not lose his rank, and the second - bronze, he also does not lose anything, and both of them do not even try to win, how to avoid this?

Message 9 of 9 (852 Views)