Five year old playing Apex?

by EdwardDLuffy

Original Post

Re: Five year old playing Apex?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@OldTreeCreeper<— perfect parenting reply right here xD (no sarcasm at all, this is how I view parenting), the ol’ 1990’s and below style.

if they give you lip

Message 21 of 27 (271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

I'm not impressed by a 5 year old playing, and frankly a 5 year old being streamed to do anything makes me wonder about responsible parenting.  There's the video game aspect but then...there's also the question of should you really be putting your kid on YouTube/streaming at age 5?

I guess it's less a policing and more a question of what's good parenting?  Can't say it should go without at least wondering.  Clearly he's way below the maturity rating for the game, can't imagine he has the mechanical skills and he certainly doesn't have the decision making ability of deciding if he wants to be put up for public view.  We have kid actors though, the difference being the parents sign to like a million waivers and agreements.  Clearly, the internet is not operating with anything even close to the same oversight.

Personally, I would never do it.  I don't care, it's not impressive, it doesn't do anything in my mind to help the kid.  This is a parent using their child for their own benefit to me, and yeah, the kid is going to have a good time doing it.  He'd have a good time playing nearly anything at Age 5 though.  More than anything, I think it's stupid.

Message 22 of 27 (257 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@KelRiever You also have the miss pageants ppl who mostly do it out of monetary gain or because they wanted to be a miss pageant or were one and wanted their child to follow in footsteps or all 3 of the above. Either way I find it weird.

I can’t say it’s wrong as I don’t know if this person wants to do it or wanted to do it but now is pressured into it... but weird nonetheless
Message 23 of 27 (247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Even 30-40 year old adults often fail to deal with the emotions triggered by this game, it's not hard to imagine how bad it can be for a kid, especially at 5-6 years, when most can barely control their basic feelings.

I'm not amazed that some kids can show impressive mechanical skills. It's kind of normal, as children's brains are like sponges for the first few years, absorbing large amounts of information which later becomes the foundation for more complex stuff. This is the same reason why a game like Apex can easily inflict psychological damage on the little ones, with long lasting and serious effects. This game is not good for the little ones at all, there are tons of much better suited things for them to do at that age.

Remember, those who grow up with Lego become creative devs, while those who get smartphones as gifts at 2 grow up as spoiled brats, forever crybabies, the Karens Standard smile.

Message 24 of 27 (233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@EdwardDLuffyI will never let my son play this game , it's fun , good and high end (some aspects )
But it's very frustrating and toxic so I will never let him get exposed to that

Message 25 of 27 (211 Views)

★★★ Guide
@hayhor Do you play bf2? Or used to play it? Damn that game was fun :/, still salty they ended it.
Message 26 of 27 (208 Views)

Champion
@RustedYoda I assume you mean. battlefield 2? No. I played star wars battlefront 1 quite a but and 2 a little.
Message 27 of 27 (192 Views)