Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: First time preordering a game. Never regretted it more

by MrSandman777

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@rickylubis wrote:

I don't get why so many people are saying "oh it's a live service, you can't expect it to be finished when it launches bla bla bla"

I'm not asking for it to be perfect at launch, but come on, anyone can honestly tell that this game isn't launch ready. So many freaking bugs. The fact that they released a 10gb "update" on day 1 (or was that day 2?) On ps4 shows how incomplete this game is.

If you're one of the lucky ones who can say "oh, the game works for me" then whoopty do, good for you. However, we, the dozens of people bitching in the forums and social media can't all be crazy. My internet works just fine. I can play apex legends, warframe, destiny 2 without a hitch.

However, this "live service" game, keeps showing a "anthem live service is unavailable" message. When i finish a mission, it's not joy that i feel, but fear that i might not even get to the mission recap screen (2 out of 3 times i got booted out to the splash screen again)

Goddamn it, EA, Bioware, i don't care who. Please fix this game. I don't ask for a perfect game. I just want to be able to play until i beat the final boss, is that too much to ask after spending $70?

Greetings!,

Well, i can underestand your frustation and even, agree at some point because this kind of bugs breaks the game for all the community but i want to invite you to read a new Reddit post about this and maybe, you can change your mind and take it easy:

Strong Alone, Strong Together

All i can tell to you my friend is, if you like the game and want to keep playing even when you can't, try to do your best to underestand the situation and keep going. The game will shine soon, just give it time and your $70 will be rewarded.

Good luck!.

Message 11 of 26 (223 Views)

★★★ Guide
welcome to launch days, hell at least its playable when wow launched it was down for the first 3 days XD. destiny and destiny 2 where no better. it seems publishers are rushing games more then they use to thus we get half finished games. thankfully anthem is offering all the dlcs for free vs other games or mmos that charge 30-60 bucks each. As for your being booted, might I ask if your on pc/xb or ps. I have not personally had this on my XB1 but I have had it on my roomies ps....like CONTANTLY
Message 12 of 26 (104 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Mirasein wrote:

@rickylubis wrote:

I don't get why so many people are saying "oh it's a live service, you can't expect it to be finished when it launches bla bla bla"

I'm not asking for it to be perfect at launch, but come on, anyone can honestly tell that this game isn't launch ready. So many freaking bugs. The fact that they released a 10gb "update" on day 1 (or was that day 2?) On ps4 shows how incomplete this game is.

If you're one of the lucky ones who can say "oh, the game works for me" then whoopty do, good for you. However, we, the dozens of people bitching in the forums and social media can't all be crazy. My internet works just fine. I can play apex legends, warframe, destiny 2 without a hitch.

However, this "live service" game, keeps showing a "anthem live service is unavailable" message. When i finish a mission, it's not joy that i feel, but fear that i might not even get to the mission recap screen (2 out of 3 times i got booted out to the splash screen again)

Goddamn it, EA, Bioware, i don't care who. Please fix this game. I don't ask for a perfect game. I just want to be able to play until i beat the final boss, is that too much to ask after spending $70?

Greetings!,

Well, i can underestand your frustation and even, agree at some point because this kind of bugs breaks the game for all the community but i want to invite you to read a new Reddit post about this and maybe, you can change your mind and take it easy:

All i can tell to you my friend is, if you like the game and want to keep playing even when you can't, try to do your best to underestand the situation and keep going. The game will shine soon, just give it time and your $70 will be rewarded.

Good luck!.

I thank you for sharing that post. It helped me calm down somewhat 

I know my post looks like it, but I don't HATE the game. Hell, the reason i'm mad is that i WANT to play more of it but i can't.

Thanks again for the share. Let's hope this game gets fixed soon, because when it does work, it's very fun.

Message 13 of 26 (81 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:
welcome to launch days, hell at least its playable when wow launched it was down for the first 3 days XD. destiny and destiny 2 where no better. it seems publishers are rushing games more then they use to thus we get half finished games. thankfully anthem is offering all the dlcs for free vs other games or mmos that charge 30-60 bucks each. As for your being booted, might I ask if your on pc/xb or ps. I have not personally had this on my XB1 but I have had it on my roomies ps....like CONTANTLY

Yes  i'm on PS4 and it's happening a LOT.

I do want to point out that yes, I guess since this is my first time "early adopting" a game, i might be a bit harsh, and that i should hang tight and be more patient.

It's a pity that currently devs might be forced to release a half baked game, and hopefully it will be better in the future.

Message 14 of 26 (72 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@rickylubis wrote:

@Mirasein wrote:

@rickylubis wrote:

Greetings!,

Good luck!.

I thank you for sharing that post. It helped me calm down somewhat 

I know my post looks like it, but I don't HATE the game. Hell, the reason i'm mad is that i WANT to play more of it but i can't.

Thanks again for the share. Let's hope this game gets fixed soon, because when it does work, it's very fun.

Don't be so rude with yourself. I think we all feels the same when something goes wrong and it's ok. You'r a father (from what you sayd) and i know how hard is keep all in place.

You'r welcome and i'm happy to help you out.

See you in game (when it works hehe n_n).

Message 15 of 26 (69 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

"First time preordering a game. Never regretted it more."

That's actually the most accurate statement ever as you wouldn't have regretted preordering another game more seeing as how it's your first time preordering.

But seriously, I get your frustration. I like the game and dislike the game all in the same breath. So many things they got right and so many things they got wrong so it's really a mixed bag.

Message 16 of 26 (65 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@MrSandman777 wrote:

That's actually the most accurate statement ever as you wouldn't have regretted preordering another game more seeing as how it's your first time preordering.

Haha yeah bad choice of words there, huh? Maybe it should be "first time preordering a game. Never gonna make that mistake again" or something xD

Message 17 of 26 (56 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MrSandman777 wrote:

Boy am I glad I'm not the only person who's brain leapt to this. Tongue out

On a more serious note, though, I think there's genuine frustrations here and hope the game does improve for the OP. Thumbs up

Message 18 of 26 (53 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Clearly you dont know the first thing about game development, what kind of systems it takes to support a game like this, and all the tons of work behind the scenes that you dont see.

I dont pretend to know all that, but having been an IT professional that has worked closely with developers for over 8 years now I can tell you that developers arent a 'stupid' bunch.

Sounds like you need to put the game down and do something else for a while, come back to Anthem once its had a few more updates and see if your opinion changes.

Message 19 of 26 (50 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

He doesn't have to know the first thing about it. It doesn't matter how hard game development is, it's BioWare's job to do it right. The first lesson is "you have to show your work AND get the right answer."

That's what they get paid to do. 

Message 20 of 26 (41 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help