Re: First ranked game in a couple days

by hardgrapple

Original Post

First ranked game in a couple days

★ Guide

Guess how it went. Yeah, exactly how you'd think it would go.

Land, beat a squad, get immediately wiped by a squad of Apex Predators while we were Plat 4. Get respawned, no loot, die, repsawned again, no loot, die. AFK spectate camping squad member till game ends. Dies to circle. 

I'm gonna say what I think should've been said at the table when ranked was being thought up. Starting everyone at the very bottom in a game plagued by RNG and hackers is a stupid idea.

Now games take so long to find that Plat and lower get put in games with Apex Predators. Why? Dumb idea to put everyone in Bronze 4, just an absolutely stupid idea. 

Message 1 of 9 (449 Views)

★★ Pro
@EThought113213 I agree that the brackets should have been seeded at the start and players able to drop brackets by losing consistently. Once someone had gotten to Apex their account should have been marked so they could be dragged UPWARDS to fill out lobbies when absolutely needed.
Message 2 of 9 (434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

My ranked experience has 9/10 matches with other obvious hackers landing every wingman shot until I get the one match that felt like early season 1. Those rare matches where you get legit players make it all worth it right now. When 10 squads used to rush bridges for no other reason than it being the closest place- and the other 10 went skull town. People say they can't find loot now; back then some of you must remember... you couldn't get a body shield in the surrounding 3 areas cause half the map would drop in one place, so punching for a deathbox was the only choice. Not saying every game needs to be mayhem hot dropping, I like combing the map sometimes too...

but we need a little more of that again in ranked somehow. I think everyone knows the 'smart' thing to do to drop cold, avoid other teams, then third party if you need to; but doing that isn't the easiest thing when you don't have walls. You can get pushed and you wouldn't know who's there Shocked

Message 3 of 9 (420 Views)

★★ Guide

ranked is unplayable just now because of the cheaters who run this game

Message 4 of 9 (386 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So you're telling me that you won't die the first couple seconds in platinum as opposed to bronze? Or vise versa? WaAaaT? The situation you explained can happen in any rank.

Sounds like you just had a rough game and needed to take a break.

Message 5 of 9 (362 Views)

★ Guide

Did you read the part where I said we were wiped by Apex Predators? While we are Plat 4? It was at the start odlf my post. There is a difference between fighting a squad of Plats and Apex Predators.

Next time read a post before replying to it.

Message 6 of 9 (347 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Got stuck in gold 4 with Skull Town landing tryhards.

Message 7 of 9 (335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EThought113213 wrote:

Did you read the part where I said we were wiped by Apex Predators? While we are Plat 4? It was at the start odlf my post. There is a difference between fighting a squad of Plats and Apex Predators.

Next time read a post before replying to it.

I'm going to say that there really is no difference. Half the people are Apex predator besides the few actually good players (not that many, most quit long time ago or play it casually now) or just play for views. But you can literally get to Apex Predator insanely quick, just camp. You literally will always get more points (obviously) from camping and just waiting til minimum top 5, but top 3 is preferred and then first obviously best case scenario. But you'll be getting points and never losing any almost everytime if your whole purpose is to climb. That being said most people in that tier are no different than almost any tier except like button tier atm. 

Also my advice for ya is find a squad that wants to climb ranked and do the same thing. If you guys enjoy playing aggro then your just gonna have a bad time climbing ranked anyway at least in terms of how long it's going to take. People are taking this ranked like other games where the rank means something. Most people just camped all the way up there for cosmetics and climbing in this game even without the camping aspect is dumb easy. You can't drop a tier (which is the dumbest thing I've heard just about ever) so as long as you can just be patient and hide you win even if you lose. 

Also obviously the main reason your getting paired with higher tier players is because the game itself does not have enough players to fill out these tiers enough so that you'll get placed around same skill levels or tiers. They literally pool everyone together. I'm diamond 3 and I've played from predator all the way to bronze 4. Usually luckily I don't have them with me but you'll see them as champion squad or whatever. So currently tier means nothing everyone is getting thrown in together just not enough players to fill in these tiers. They need to expand them in my opinion so that it's harder to climb and you can go down tiers. I feel like with a bigger middle range things would at least even out in the attempt to keep high skill cap away from the lower one.

Message 8 of 9 (322 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@hardgrapple I feel your pain homie as I've just about given up solo queuing in Ranked and gone back to pubs. Camping to top 3 - 5 consecutively isn't as easy as people think either and is incredibly boring/frustrating as hell to do in order to salvage a bad game.

The higher you go the worse it gets as there's zero incentive to fight a losing battle to beacon retrieve or even revive in some cases. You get no rp for it which doesn't make any sense in a team based competitive format. Even if you somehow clutch you'll have next to no time to loot and just attract everyone on the server to third party you. You have no choice but to camp (completely understandable as you need to at least cover the rp cost of the game) which means you're competing with any survivors for top 3 that could already in a better spot on the next ring site than you. Add in the escalating ring damage and late teams actively hunting down any solos they hear/see...

I can only imagine how much worse the TDM pub stomping mentality would be if kills were awarded more points and placements/survival time didn't matter. Ranked and Casuals would literally be no different... *Shudder*
Message 9 of 9 (286 Views)