First murder help

by Melcberg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

First murder help

★★★ Newbie

Guys I need some help and no tutorial is helping here. I was working on the “first murder” side quest. I talked to Tran who approved the mission to Eos. However the map does not show any location nor way to get there and the mission itself goes now show up in my journal. How am I to get to Eos if it does not show up in my map or journal? The map only shows the layers of the station and nothing more. Is this a bug or am I missing something? I tried reloading the game with the same results. 

Message 1 of 4 (950 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: First murder help

MEA handles quests a bit differently than some games, and you can't always finish a quest in same 'act' that you get it.  Eos is the first planet you get access too once you start exploring, to get it, you have to finish enough of main quest on the station to unlock the ship access, then go down to the docks and use the door to get on the ship.  Once you have access to the ship, you have to explore and scan Eos, land there, complete the quests there to fix the atmosphere, set up the colony there, leave, go do some more stuff up to another planet, then get the notification that the atmosphere has cleaned up.  Once the atmosphere gets cleaned up, it should open exploration of the area previously to hostile to explore(but not all of it) and then you can look for first murder locations and follow the trail to find out what happened.  So to finish this one side quest you will have to finish more than just a basic part of the game.  There are others like this as well, so don't expect on all occasions to get a quest and to be able to finish it quickly, because some require advancing the main story before you can continue them and thus get to where you need to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,041 Views)

All Replies

MEA handles quests a bit differently than some games, and you can't always finish a quest in same 'act' that you get it.  Eos is the first planet you get access too once you start exploring, to get it, you have to finish enough of main quest on the station to unlock the ship access, then go down to the docks and use the door to get on the ship.  Once you have access to the ship, you have to explore and scan Eos, land there, complete the quests there to fix the atmosphere, set up the colony there, leave, go do some more stuff up to another planet, then get the notification that the atmosphere has cleaned up.  Once the atmosphere gets cleaned up, it should open exploration of the area previously to hostile to explore(but not all of it) and then you can look for first murder locations and follow the trail to find out what happened.  So to finish this one side quest you will have to finish more than just a basic part of the game.  There are others like this as well, so don't expect on all occasions to get a quest and to be able to finish it quickly, because some require advancing the main story before you can continue them and thus get to where you need to go.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 4 (1,042 Views)

Hero

I agree with mcsupersport. Don't worry about the side mission for the moment. Just stick to the main story for now and it should be clear soon enough.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 4 (907 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

also if you do have the quest in the journal usually it will tell you it's currently on hold pending a certain action. this happens often especially on the loyalty missions where you are going through multiple main missions before it lets you unlock the final stage.

Message 4 of 4 (883 Views)