First archive.

by Retro-Pathfinder

Original Post

First archive.

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi everyone!

My first feedback was posted in wrong location so I open this thread to give a chance to my post here.

@Straatford87, tagging you from my new thread. 

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 2 of 60 (913 Views)

Re: Introducing Origin Spotlight - Feedback is welcome!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hello everyone!

@Straatford87, can I write my feedback here?

I have a few thoughts and I want to share them with you. First of all I would like to know are there any limits of our feedback? What kind of things you may find inappropriate?

So let me give you a list.

1. Welcome signal when you enter in your client, customizable option;
  2. A quick calculation of the difference when paying in another currency. My prices in euro and today I discovered the difference between euro and rubles. It's said that 3,99 euro it's 250,34 rubles. You can see below the date of this calcuation. The exchange rate of our Central Bank. But I'm paid 254,16 rubles. Is that a same exchange rate of the Central bank? So it would be nice to see right price especially when you don't have your currency in Origin store.  

Currency exchange.jpg

3. Opportunity to listen music via Origin. When you buy a game with soundtrack or maybe you just want to listen your own music instead of in-game music. Can't always listen country music when playing Need For Speed The Run.

4. The last progress in each game when you click the right button on it. Just add a new board after friends and available DLC. For example, you choose Dead Space and see that you can play one more level or half of it. In case if you didn't play for a while and forgot about your progress.

5. Information window about the content of Origin beta-version. What do we get when we enable the special option? You can find the info about last update but it's officical update but not beta-version.

6. Is this option still a thing?

7. I suggest to put non-EA titiles into another section of the store. So there will be two boards in store: one board with EA titles (old and new) and another board with non-EA titles (such as Wildlands, Syberia, etc.)

Thank you for attention! I hope it's not to crazy. Standard smile

Message 1 of 60 (916 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Retro-Pathfinder

Heya,

Thanks for creating a thread for feedback :-)

It's preferable to create a new thread for feedback as that makes it easier for other players to jump in as well. If we are looking for feedback on anything specific, then we will create a dedicated thread for that ourselves. For now, there aren't any limits to what you can provide feedback on, as long as it is related to Origin and our games.

I'll give you some more information on the points that you raised:

1. Could you clarify this? For example, you would like to be able to set your own welcome message when you log in to Origin?

2. The final exchange rate and the added fee depend on your bank. The cost can change on a daily basis and the best method of finding out the final price would therefore be to contact your bank. This means that I don't think that this is something that we will be able to implement.

3. There are already programs out there for playing music, so I don't think it would make much sense to have Origin try to do it as well. It probably also wouldn't be able to do it better. However, perhaps there could be an option to play music specific to our games, such as soundtracks?

4. It would be a cool option to see where you left the game last time you played it. But I think this would only be useful in rare occasions. 

5. I'm not sure if the Beta notes are included in the patch notes via Help -> About -> Release notes, I will try to confirm this for you.

6. It should be, but I will try to confirm this for you as well.

7. We're always looking at how we can improve the experience of players navigating the Origin Store.

Thanks for all your suggestions! Some of the suggestions that you called out probably won't be doable for us, or most likely would take away development time from functions that would be more useful to a larger player base. However, I will forward them to the Origin team so that they can have a look at future options for the client.

Thanks for sharing,

Message 3 of 60 (892 Views)

Hero (Retired)

EA_Tom написано:

1. Could you clarify this? For example, you would like to be able to set your own welcome message when you log in to Origin?

@Straatford87

Yes, exactly. I mean the same thing when you log in to Windows or Skype. But I'm curious to see what Origin team can offer. I know that it's not necessary but why not? It looks good.

EA_Tom написано:
  1. There are already programs out there for playing music, so I don't think it would make much sense to have Origin try to do it as well. It probably also wouldn't be able to do it better. However, perhaps there could be an option to play music specific to our games, such as soundtracks?

Yes, maybe. Is it give us an opportunity to listen soundtrack from ME 3 when you playing ME 2, for example? Large smile

Are there any questions left? Sorry if I missed something.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. 

Do you have any further optimization plans or it's nice? From my point of view it's not bad, I watched the parameters. Origin tooks 144 708 kilobytes of RAM. I think it's not very much. 

Message 4 of 60 (878 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Retro-Pathfinder

Nope, I don't think you missed any other questions Standard smile

So we don't have anything concrete to share with you at the moment, but we're certainly always looking at how we can further optimize Origin on as much systems as possible.

Message 5 of 60 (869 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Straatford87

Another thought about Origin (mostly about AHQ but anyway). I suggest to create new AHQ badge called Origin changers (like Game changers). Special badges for those whose ideas are approved and implemented.

It will reflects the positive influence to the future of gaming experience. 

Message 6 of 60 (846 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Do you have any further optimization plans or it's nice?

Yes, we will continue to devote a portion of our internal development capacity to exploring optimization opportunities and chasing performance improvements.  It's an area that is important to us.

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 7 of 60 (841 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Retro-Pathfinder wrote:

@Straatford87

Another thought about Origin (mostly about AHQ but anyway). I suggest to create new AHQ badge called Origin changers (like Game changers). Special badges for those whose ideas are approved and implemented.

It will reflects the positive influence to the future of gaming experience. 

That's a definitely a cool idea for increasing the community spirit! I'll bring this to the rest of the AHQ team to discuss Standard smile

Message 8 of 60 (829 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Thanks for appreciation!  Thumbs up Cocktail

A few thougths if you don't mind, @Straatford87.

1. To make the opportunity for Origin to keep a log of IP addresses (maybe here). In case if your address was changed and you want to see what last address worked;
  2. Big picture mode for Origin (well, big picture mode may not even be a thing, so it's not so important right now);
  3. Support of the gamepad for Origin in game function ( I saw that one user desribed his feelings when he was forced to use mouse for Origin in game while playing with gamepad);
  4. I want to customise the main page in the client for myself. For example, I want this page show me only RPG or only FPS;
  5. No print button for my backup codes, it's useful when you can print them directly from your account.
  6. A small number of codes, I think six it's not enough. How about twenty?

It's all for now. Can't say when the next idea will come. Thinking

I think we need more users and Heroes here. Their thoughts may be very useful.

Message 9 of 60 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Straatford87

I think Origin has a great future and I don't think that it requires a lot of functions like Steam. Just make the opportunity to create a schedule of updating, downloading, etc.

For example, at morning you make a schedule for client to download Battlefield or Mass Effect. After that you can go to the cinema. When you came back the game already on your PC.

Maybe Origin will available to not allow PC falls asleep until download isn't finished.

P.S. What is your current timezone?

Message 10 of 60 (795 Views)