Re: First Things First

by arit0824

Original Post

★ Guide
@Iron_Guard8 We all agree but the Devs don't care, our problem fixes are probably coming SoonTM.
Message 21 of 37 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I thought I was the only one that loved the game so much but was giving the game a little break. Many people have expectations from the last PVZ shooter, that when BfN came out, it kind of bummed a few. I’m pretty sure the devs are listening, and due to their success of GW2, it feels as if the devs are worried about their game as they scramble to keep the player base from dipping.

I agree with some that the game was rushed (either on purpose or by pressure by a higher authority) and that they are trying to fix some of the issues (balancing). Very peculiar that the things that worked in GW2 have been broken in BFN. We can theorize, but without confirmation from the company, we may never know what’s happening behind doors. Without these confirmations, the consumers would riot (or leave) based on the knowledge they are given.

I haven’t been playing recently (finished most of PvE and my PS+ expired, which I will soon get again), and I felt like I needed a break with the game (and it’s mechanics), until maybe the next battle pass.

I might check this out again soon, but does anybody know if split screen online latency has been fixed? Not the biggest issue in terms of other players having freezing or crashing, but it takes a whole lot of fun out especially when you just want to join a game with your brother or sister.

edit: grammar

Message 22 of 37 (427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@arit0824Agree with what you've said. I'm Xbox, so maybe a PS player can give you better info, but recently tried split-screen with my son & it was just as bad, sadly ☹

Added: Will have to see if there's a change after update

Message 23 of 37 (418 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@arit0824 My latency issues haven’t changed since day 1.  I don’t know exactly how to pinpoint the issue as it doesn’t feel like typical lag but dying without knowing how/where/who... fighting a heated battle and shooting someone with zero health that you CANNOT hit, etc etc... that’s what plagues me and persists.  I don’t mind if a Sap Trap kills me but not seeing it travel through the air - not seeing it at all - that’s frustrating.

If split screen is the same, nothing’s changed but I haven’t played it (split screen) lately and cannot say for sure.

@dwooten77 and I will be ready for some Battle Arena when you get back?  Maybe @GraveledStoopid can join? 😎

Message 24 of 37 (414 Views)

@spIash_damage I honestly love how they are trying to throw back to the games of yesteryear. Just seems like they lack first hand experiences of playing true 8bit, jump to move faster game. It wasn’t a feature that was originally planned in early gaming, it was something that we learned to exploit and use to travel faster. Making a game purposely with these little caveats just gives more room for error. Then compound that effect with multiple inputs from different sources and .. voila, a train wreck.

I agree that getting back to the basics of game play is most important. Adding content should definitely take a back seat to something that isn’t running correctly.
Message 25 of 37 (403 Views)

@spIash_damage I’m in 🤙
Message 26 of 37 (380 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I’d just like to point out that EVERYONE I game with would prefer mechanics to be fixed before anything else.

Seems like nothing changed yesterday, unless I’m missing something?  🙁

Message 27 of 37 (328 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@spIash_damage Hey, we all agree with that! Do you mean missing something as in the update has miraculously solved all our problems? If so, sadly not - the main things I've found today are more problems . . . Bug reports in progress 😣
Message 28 of 37 (321 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ToastedSarnie wrote:
@spIash_damageHey, we all agree with that! Do you mean missing something as in the update has miraculously solved all our problems? If so, sadly not - the main things I've found today are more problems . . . Bug reports in progress 😣

Aiming/enemy tracking and auto aim tweaking is what I was hoping to see improved most/before anything else.  Next would be the ability to kill an opponent who has zero health, Usain Bolt running style, and ninja jumping skills. 

🤦🏼‍♂️😂

Message 29 of 37 (310 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@spIash_damage How come everyone else can do the invulnerable, Usain Bolt ninja stuff except me?!! Wouldn't have a problem if I could do it too . . . 😂
Message 30 of 37 (305 Views)