Firing Range Bot Activation Broken

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Re: Firing Range Bot Activation Broken

[ Edited ]

@hayhor I think they are useful for very inexperienced players, or for specific practice, like as I mentioned shotgun peeks.  This was the first time I'd tried activating them in a couple months at least.

What I like the range for is practicing very specific gun skills. For example, I've improved tremendously from shooting the far targets for, say, 200+ dmg with an R99 or CAR. This allows me to deal significant damage to a player from 50M with an SMG when necessary. Mostly I spend a period of time working on Verhulst's aim training exercises and grinding Scout of Action, both of which are mainly about quick target acquisition or re-acquisition - skills that I have found pay off strong dividends in game - and keeping sharp at recoil control.

Message 11 of 13 (205 Views)

★★ Expert

@hayhor wrote:
@XubunnytwoDon't get me wrong. I think they should make it easy to turn on. And they should make the bots better or provide waves of bots you control the difficulty of. I'm saying as it is I don't see the point. I find shooting the bots are nothing like shooting real players.

It's still more practice than shooting at non-moving bots, so I'd take that button.

Message 12 of 13 (182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Currently I tried this and you do get stuck in the catwalk.  The work around is to swap to another character.  However in my case the Firing Range is pretty messed up.  It is slow loading and crashes often on my PC system.  My friend got the mode working on PS4 and we can do it there as long as it doesn't crash.

Developer: The Firing Range need some TLC PDQ, if you actually care.

Update: The bots seem to be very aggressive and this makes up for their poor movement.  If you are a sniper, you will win all the time.  If you are melee or stand still too long, you are dead.  The bots are not affected by Crypto's drones or detected by Valkyrie's ultimate.  I notice they get distracted by Rampart's shields.  Otherwise they are great to warm up and practice on.

Message 13 of 13 (177 Views)