Re: Firestorm Rotations Update - So long and thanks for all the Duo!

by thedevastatordk

Original Post

Firestorm Rotations Update - So long and thanks for all the Duo!

EA DICE Team

Morning folks -

For those loading up Firestorm today, a note that we have removed Duo from the rotation.

Why is Duo leaving?

Duo received an overwhelmingly positive reaction at launch. It debuted during a weekend, and was initially done so only as an early first look at the mode. Duo was originally designed as a limited time offering similar to Grind and Rush, and was featuring as limited time content in Chapter 3.

When Duo was first removed, you told us that you wanted to see it come back and we were happy to support.

Since then, we’ve seen more folks jump back into Squads mode, with less preferring to Firestorm it up in Duo - so we’re going to get back to the original plan today and we’ve disabled it’s matchmaking.

Will Duo return?

As with other limited time modes, we never say never. We're confident that we'll see it again!

Limited Time Gamemodes

Similar to Firestorm, the core Battlefield experience receives plenty of rotation of temporary modes like Grind, Rush, Squad Conquest, and soon - Outpost.

We’re going to look at ways to ensure that you all have the opportunity to enjoy these modes after their initial availability, without compromising the matchmaking experiences for players who’d prefer to stay with the base game modes.

This is something we’re exploring as part of the development of Private Games which you can read more about here. We’ll keep you updated on that as we build out the feature via Community Broadcasts like this.

Please do let us know what you think below,

Freeman

(Source)

/Atic

Message 1 of 8 (751 Views)

We are mostly in Squad mode with my Platoon members so i dont have any problem that Duo for Firstorm has been Disabled.. Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 8 (737 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Hi Ea.

I am a BIG fan of BFV. But it really hurts me, that you have removed Duos. 

Its really a nice mode, i want it to be permanent in the game!

I like firestorm alot, but please please to something to the infinity loading time finding a server, its a pain in the a** 

And I got a couple of suggestions for making Firestorm even better: 

1 . It takes to long to find a server in all modes of firestorm, that needs fixing.

2.  It takes to long time to go from a game to another, pretty annoying if you die fast, and just want to get into a new server asap.

3.  Could be nice if you are waiting to get into a game. If one or two squad mates leave it would be nice to being able to invite some friends.

4.  I would love to being able to stay in a Squad, if the matchmaking fails to find a server. And then finding a new server, instead of having to find a new squad.

Please change these things and i would be really happy.

- Michael 

Message 3 of 8 (733 Views)

Duos is the perfect amount for a mode like Firestorm, I just wish my core group of NA friends wanted to play. If the numbers aren't there then I guess it's alright the mode is leaving, gives me more time to look for EE's and stuff in Solo.

Hopefully Private Matches will allow us to tweak the minimum player start to, say, 32 as well - this would be great for events and might help the Oceania region get some games

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 8 (710 Views)

★ Novice
Please put duos back every br game has duos as default so why firestorm don't???Playing duos in squads are hard.
Message 5 of 8 (690 Views)

★★★ Pro

I like this mode. However, it did not match realistically.

Message 6 of 8 (661 Views)

★ Guide

I agree that duos is the perfect amount and removing it was a huge mistake.I think though they did it in order to facilitate the matchmaking.It now takes half the time to find a game in squad mode.Shame they remove it hope they bring it back soon!

Message 7 of 8 (638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

BFV Firestorm became my favourite BR Game very quick. Unfortunately because of all the other BR Games out there not to many of my friends play it. But when DUO Mode came me and my friend played it every day and really enjoyed it. Now that Duo is gone BFV basically doesn't exist anymore for us. We don't want to team up with random people who don't communicate and we also don't wan't to jump on our own and have to fight 2vs4 all the time..

I just can't understand this decision. Why would you delete this mode just because more people play Squad? Let the people who want to play squads play squads and the people who want to play duo play duo...

Message 8 of 8 (609 Views)