Re: Firestorm: Armor and Health

by rpuHbI4

Original Post

Firestorm: Armor and Health

★★★★★ Apprentice

why taking damage consumes ur armor 1st and only after u lost all armor u start loosing health? does armor plates are over all body and head? i think it must be changed to make health packs more effective then armor plates. bcuz atm i see people weared tier 3 armor vest are terminators and can eat tons of damage
Its not Apex, its BF so make it more realistic... even CoD:BO4 BR made it right, health goes with armor, while taking damage and u lose health faster then armor, so u can use health pack after taking few shots and still have armor not destroyed.
i hope i explaned my vision on the problem correct.

Message 1 of 6 (661 Views)

★★ Pro

I like that idea. The currents systems makes for really unfair firefights if one player is unlucky and can´t find a better vest. Having up to a 100hp advantage is really much. This problem isn´t that significant anymore since you can carry 5 armorplates and therefore have one equipped almost every time. Still I don´t like giving so big advantages in a battle royal based on luck.

Message 2 of 6 (559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

correct. u can wear 5 plates = 250 armor points and 8 health packs = 320 health points.
atm u will use healthpacks after consume all armor plates. in long fights it almost wont be changed, but in quick fights it makes sense cuz u must lose health abit faster then ur armor. maybe 8 armor points to 10 health points while taking damage.
example: u shoot for 80 damage with kar98k so it must deal 32 damage to ur armor and 48 health. i know Dice wont change anything, but it need to be changed, cuz "Terminators" ruins this Battle Royale (for me Firestorm is the BEST BR but devs must work on it)
//discuss?

Message 3 of 6 (549 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
so it seems everyone okay with armor fully protect from shots, not reduce damage
Message 4 of 6 (423 Views)

Armor vests are there to encourage you to takes risks, not sit back and camp so while it can make for unfair firefights, that's the nature of the game mode.

Being able to carry 5 armor plates is a little much and if you swap out vests you shoyld be able to take your previous plates with you.

I agree that legs, arm, and head shots should do regular damage to soldiers as it's more realistic and, like you said, will make the med packs more important. I'll give soldiers a break and even allow the armor plates to protect your back.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 5 of 6 (420 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TTZ_Dipsy agree, vest should protects the wearer's chest and back, but it hard to make it and much easier just make armor to reduce incoming damage, but devs made armor same as it is in Apex, but w/o helm, and protecting any part of body until destroyed... but its not Apex and this system isnt good for BF
Message 6 of 6 (411 Views)