Finished the game, was dissapointed

by RazviC00L

Original Post

Finished the game, was dissapointed

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I grew up playing all the need for speed games and have been a fan despite the games getting worse with some exceptions. 

The story in Heat is way too short, the story content takes hardly an hour to do. Are you counting the grind between the story races as game content? There are 4 branches again:

Drift Races - Barely a challenge, 5-6.

Off-road - Yet to finish, nothing interesting still, think I got 1-2 left.

Showdown races - Nothing event like, just some NPC testing out tracks for next year's showdown. You seriously added an event to the game that we don't participate in? Simply saying the races are part of the event does nothing.

THE ACTUAL STORY races - Again 5-6, just grinding from rep level to rep level.

The following is not a spoiler, no clues or hints about whats to come in the game, only what's missing:

The story could have easily been continued after a certain event, it feels seriously cut off. 

The league is nothing, you get more races at the end just as you've been getting all game. No progress through the event or racing community whatsoever. REP is just a different way of levelling up, your reputation means nothing in this game.

Once again, this game is just a reskin of previous content, with a lot of cuts to content.

I highly advise you do not purchase this game, get Origin/EA access, finish the story content in 3 days, 100% the game if you think it's worth it in about a week and buy the game when it's 90% off. That's if you are a die hard fan like I've always been, otherwise just don't even interest yourself with NFS anymore, it has become a disgrace. 

Message 1 of 3 (302 Views)

Re: Finished the game, was dissapointed

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RazviC00L I regret buying Deluxe version...especially since I prefer using a wheel and pedals...how the hell can a driving game, in 2019, not have wheel support boggles the mind
Message 2 of 3 (292 Views)

Re: Finished the game, was dissapointed

★★★★★ Apprentice

Imagine I was going to buy the special editions for NFS and Jedi for ps4 both at £99.99 since I am a steelcase collector. 

Man did I give up on the right steelcases on this occassion. The ps4 version crashes on the pro several times for more than enough ps4 owners I personally know and a few others I've been

acquainted with. 
Deciding to finish both games in a month and only paying £14.99 has already been a huge success.
Message 3 of 3 (283 Views)