Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: FINALLY A DROP RATES THAT REQUIRES YOU TO WORK FOR IT IN HIGH DIFFICULTY

by Gotrek115

Original Post

Finally drop rates that require you to work for in high difficulty

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

So I have been doing a lot of grinding this last few days with spring break finally hitting (THANK GOD!!!) and I have to say the drop rate system has been awesome. For the longest time you were getting the same drop rate everywhere in this game when it came to legendary drops. Lately however it seems like the hard difficulties actually have the better drop rates than the lower ranked difficulties. GM1 doesn't drop as many as GM2 which doesn't drop more than GM3. And I have to tell you GM3 freeplay has been a gold mine for me. I can go in with my interceptor at 690 power and a 41% luck picking up nothing but masterworks and legendary drops, leaving all purples and blues down and in by the time I have a full bag (1-3 hours depending on the number of world events I hit, if the 4 randoms including myself stick together and how lucky i am with ads) and I will always come out with at least 1-2 legendary drops.

I will say that I'm not impressed with the fact that out of the 40 total legendary drops I've gotten 9 of them have been repeats and 28/40 of them have been weapons and 15-17 of those weapons have dropped in contracts (which should be from my understanding as contracts are suppose to be dropping mw & lego components, again from my understanding). But as long as this rate sticks I can probably live with it as I'll have to get those components sooner or later (preferably sooner) 

I honestly don't understand what all this fussing about drop rate is coming from unless it's lower leveled people who aren't doing GM2-3 who are expecting to just be handed legendary drops on a silver platter, and have no concept of actually earning stuff in a game, like use to be the norm in video games. But I honestly hope the devs stop changing it because I speak for many people in my 18.5k  anthem gaming group that have the same opinion.

Message 1 of 29 (547 Views)

★★ Guide
You haven't been 788 power level for over a month like some of us have. You haven't seen the changes as they've come. You're only seeing the changes going from GM1 to GM3, not the changes overall
Message 2 of 29 (534 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm telling you all, secret luck rolls exist when you create a character.

Pal, I've been in GM2 for the past month and have seen a total of 6 legendary drops since launch. My luck is higher than yours. My most recent Legendary mission netted me nothing but blues and purples. Something in this game is seriously * up.

Message 3 of 29 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@ragnarokfpsWell being 788 is the cap of course your not going to see any more growth, and being that I have been playing since the VIP demo I have seen all the changes thank you.I can actually hit 746 right now if I had all slots that i had legendary gear for equipped. I have been doing GM3 for a while and am very much aware of the changes that have been made.That's why I made this post, because I have seen the changes and like what I currently see.

Message 4 of 29 (514 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@WPScorpionWind

"Well being 788 is the cap of course your not going to see any more growth"

.... That's a pile o b.s. considering they'll still hunt for the perfect inscription all the same for their select gears and most likely move on to their other non-maxed out javs.

"being that I have been playing since the VIP demo I have seen all the changes thank you-"

That brings what to the table exactly? People who maxed out most likely have played more at a much more advocated pace than you regardless of whether you played since the VIP demo or not. They've gotten to know the game's quirks and flaws moreso than you do all things considered.

"I have been doing GM3 for a while and am very much aware of the changes that have been made.That's why I made this post, because I have seen the changes and like what I currently see."

And said change remains anecdotal at best considering there's multitude counterargument on the net going around. If the droprate feels fine for you then good for you, but for most others it's the other way around and it's pathetic even without considering the technical bugs that these "changes" you revered so much brings to the table.
Message 5 of 29 (496 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ragnarokfps wrote:
You haven't been 788 power level for over a month like some of us have. You haven't seen the changes as they've come. You're only seeing the changes going from GM1 to GM3, not the changes overall

Hahaha, "You haven't been 788 power level for over a month like some of us have" 

Really?  The game's been out for about 5 weeks...

You're either full of crap, or you have no life at all outside of Anthem.

Message 6 of 29 (470 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

I was in GM3 legendary mission and got 3 rare.....RARE on GM3.
And when i go to freeplay (still on GM3) thinking maybe now i will get some legendary items and still nothing...
A few masterwork guns or maybe a comp but nothing i can use because i have better.
And then i go to strongholds....and yes still on GM3 Temple of Scar no legendary..... Hearth of Rage no legendary.. Tyrant mine no legendary.
And yes i'm a bit frustrated because they say they improved the loot system and still nothing...
oohh and my favorit is the support gear... only epic no masterwork no legendary because they forgot to make them....
This game should be in early acces because its not ready to be a full release....

Message 7 of 29 (431 Views)

★★ Guide

@WPScorpionWind wrote:

@ragnarokfpsWell being 788 is the cap of course your not going to see any more growth, and being that I have been playing since the VIP demo I have seen all the changes thank you.I can actually hit 746 right now if I had all slots that i had legendary gear for equipped. I have been doing GM3 for a while and am very much aware of the changes that have been made.That's why I made this post, because I have seen the changes and like what I currently see.

You are slow...also a lego every 6 hours with 4 layers of rng is just outright insulting...how you find this acceptable is beyond me.....

Message 8 of 29 (425 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SuperBadPixelMan 

huh.... where did the 1 and half week go in your calculation.... cause it's nearing 7 weeks since Anthem's real release date. And the game is still a mess.....

Message 9 of 29 (419 Views)

★★ Guide

@ArcovaUmmm no it hasn't February 22 which was the official public wide launch where everyone could get the game was 5 weeks ago from last Friday. So try again Mr. Self-absorbed elitist.

Message 10 of 29 (411 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help