Final goodbye to Spore and the Sporums

by samarm

Original Post

Final goodbye to Spore and the Sporums

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys,

My username on the Sporums was Tarcin. I haven't really been active in a long time, Like 7 years. The sporums really ignited my interest in science and writing and played a big role in my current career. I'm heartbroken that the forum is permanently shutting down. I loved to hop on every once in a while and stroll down my childhood. All of this makes me feel very empty. I doubt anyone here remembers me, but to my friends back in the day, I hope you read this and reply so maybe we can get back in touch. 

Sincerely,

Tarcin 

Message 1 of 5 (1,756 Views)

Re: Final goodbye to Spore and the Sporums

★★★ Newbie

We were probably Sporumers at very different time periods in it's 10 year life, but I cannot say how much it disheartens me to see it go as well. While it's no lie the community had severely degraded over time, I will never forget the memories and shenanigans everyone got up to, 4 years and 5,303 posts well spent.

Forever as nostalgic memories.

Message 2 of 5 (1,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I will remember being a SporeMaster fondly.  It was an exciting time when the game first came out and seeing what people could create.  Of course there was drama, too Wink

Message 3 of 5 (1,581 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
My spore username and forum username was Asparagususer. IIRC, the only thing I wrote was a reply to someone telling others how to use cheats, to which I responded and explained about the joker badge.
Message 4 of 5 (1,195 Views)

★ Apprentice
@samarm You should be able to find the forums in the Wayback Machine
Message 5 of 5 (626 Views)