Fight or Fright event should be exciting!

by iBlockHead

Original Post

Fight or Fright event should be exciting!

★★ Expert

So I see many people complaining about how the upcoming event is another cash grab attempt but in reality it's not. 

The major difference between this even and the previous event is that they gave us a heads up in order to save some money aside to buy any items we want or all. The last event just threw the price tags on last second and that's when we all felt like we got slapped in the face because it wasn't stated that we would have to pay for event items so we weren't ready or expecting it. 

They gave us a heads up this time around with pricing and how to purchase items so that we save up a few dollars if we really want a certain skin. Don't get me wrong, I do feel the prices could be slashed down a tad bit to allow people who can not just cough up $20 or for kids who play this who do not make so much an hour but still, a heads up/few days notice is waaay better than not being notified at all and just seeing the prices for the first time. 

If you still truly feel this is another money event, than please suggest another way they could go about this but still make money for their efforts on putting out special events and more content. 

Message 1 of 5 (408 Views)

Re: Fight or Fright event should be exciting!

★★★★ Pro

@iBlockHead  Even though I will not have money for this upcoming event it's nice to see their being more transparent for upcoming events and items. I do agree pricing is just a bit high maybe $20 skins should be $15. Maybe they would sell more? Or if they are to remain at $20 possibly have an added emote or dive trail. It's nice to see them implementing new voice lines. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Message 2 of 5 (401 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@iBlockHead It’s an EA subsidiary, as long as one item will be more than 5 dollars/euros, people will say that it’s a cash grab...
Message 3 of 5 (370 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@iBlockHead By definition and in reality it's a cash grab.

Having a game cosmetic behind such a paywall that the majority of users who would support the game financially but don't due to these poor prices excludes the majority from purchasing skins or heirlooms because people won't or can't afford them and being notified before or not makes little difference.

If they are adamant on keeping heirlooms at this price point then why not make the event skins half the price which I think a lot of people would be happy to purchase or give them a way to earn them in game with legend tokens.
Message 4 of 5 (327 Views)

@iBlockHead My only complaint is the high cost of the animations. Granted I don't know how many hours their Dev teams put into making the animations. But $20 for a skin seems a bit steep to me.. Maybe I just don't understand how many house they have to invest into creating one.

I bought some of the skins with the Iron Crown event, I think it ended up being $10-20 a skin or something along those lines. I remember I did not feel good about the purchase because of how steeply they were priced. But purchased it anyway because I was wanting to make some type of in game purchase to support the game I play frequently. No matter the business you want your customers to feel good about their purchases and feel like it's a good deal. Maybe they are a good deal and I'm just old and don't understand the expenses associated with a video game animation.

I feel like the battle pass was a great value. I was really happy with that purchase and felt good about it overall. It lasted a while, was fairly priced and seemed to provide value.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 5 (307 Views)