Fifa 22: help! Tracking back issue and attack runs.

by faraway_linkage6

Original Post

Fifa 22: help! Tracking back issue and attack runs.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

NB: I play offline with a friend and I always use legacy defending, but the problem persists even when I switch to tactical. I play on ps4. 

EDIT: I have discovered that this has nothing to do with me or my friend. In any game, one player is afflicted with my problems while the other is not. This problem is shared by many as you will see from the many links in a later post. 

I would like to know how to rectify the following problems and discrepancies. If you are a fifa player and you can help with tips, please help: 

DEFENDING PROBLEM:

Once I get the ball at any point on the field and try to attack, my opponent's midfielders and defenders immediately and actively track back. They fall back quickly and actively while maintaining their position relative to one another and keeping decent pressure. My opponent's midfielders run to position themselves (side by side, closely) just in front of their eighteen yard box while all the defenders are behind them IN THE BOX lining up compactly. Even the strikers and wingers move backwards often. This makes the whole defense of my opponent congested and difficult to penetrate and they seem very coordinated (as they maintain their position relative to one another), available and good for pressing the opposition. I also notice this in the CPU team when on legendary difficulty.

In my own case, things are not like that and are totally different. My midfielders don't track back and my defenders don't fall back. My midfielders just stand there or jog too slowly for a second or two and stop, leaving my defenders all to themselves against a barrage of attackers. My strikers and wingers go on vacation and can't be bothered. My defenders don't play compactly and are all over the place; they just stand far apart way in front of the box. They can't even closely press the attackers; they are at a distance from attacking players. Any LITTLE attempt to press will leave them out of position and easy to evade. My defence is hopeless when I get attacked from the wings and my friend likes doing the pass-and-shot from the wings because my box is scanty with few defenders; this is not the case with my friend. The momentum of moving players doesn't help as they are easily outdone when they commit and seem like they are sliding on ice. 

The AI controlled teammates of my friend help the controlled player in his team in pressing and covering, unlike in my case where I have to move their lazy butts. My players are lazy and nonchalant in assisting and covering, unlike my opposition. They are only active and agile when the opposition is close in contact with them. 

And no, my friend doesn't use drop back, never. He doesn't adjust position player position, never. He doesn't give his players instructions, never. He only sets formation, puts his defence on either pressure after possession loss or pressure on heavy touches. His width and depth are never below 57; his depth can be as high as 70. He doesn't drag midfielders back. I tried everything in the books, and even mimicking his formation and tactics, but the discrepancies remain. I have tried drop back (I have never been a drop back guy), I have adjusted position, given instructions, and decreased width and depth, but to no avail. I have even tried to draw my midfielders back, but they play with no defensive intelligence or awareness. This difference in defensive behaviour is what main cost me games. 

WHAT CAN BE DONE TO REMEDY THIS DIFFERENCE? IS THERE SOMETHING I AM NOT DOING? IS MY FRIEND DOING SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW ABOUT? IS IT ME? OR IS THE GAME CAUSING THIS DIFFERENCE? HELP WITH TIPS IF YOU CAN. 

I have never been one to take things personally, I still don't because it's just a game. I have never believed in scripting, momentum, and I don't think it's possible to cheat offline on ps4. I have always thought that if one isn't doing too well in the game, then proper analysis should be done and efforts should be made to develop. However, this is beyond me. I have tried everything at this point.

Message 1 of 11 (2,739 Views)

Re: Fifa 22: help! Tracking back issue and attack runs. How is my friend doing i

★★★★ Apprentice

If you can help with tips or advice, please do.

Message 2 of 11 (2,718 Views)

Re: Fifa 22: help! Tracking back issue and attack runs. How is my friend doing i

Hero
@faraway_linkage6 Maybe your friend is using a team that has many players with a High Defensive Work Rate and high defensive awareness attributes?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 11 (2,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@CRA58URN wrote:

Have you tried spending hundreds of pounds on FIFA points?

@CRA58URN , well, I don't play online. I only play offline.

Message 4 of 11 (2,619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SumFiiin wrote:
@faraway_linkage6Maybe your friend is using a team that has many players with a High Defensive Work Rate and high defensive awareness attributes?

@SumFiiin it happens with any team he uses. When I decided to use the teams he used the discrepancies remain. Since yesterday, when do my digging on various platforms, I realised that the discrepancies in defensive behaviour between two players is affecting others as well, even as at now. I read tons of similar cases on reddit yesterday, recent cases. I am not a bad player myself. In any game, one player will have his midfielders tracking back and defenders falling behind and tracking runs, while the other will have the problems I stated in my original post. I have tried everything, including playing drop back and dragging the midfielders back; the players don't just make the runs. 

In any game, one player has his defence tracking back like that of friend while the other suffers my fate. You either have the problem or you don't. This is even happening in offline mode. 

@EA_Darko , @EA_Mai , @EA_Mat 

please look into this post and follow up with the OP, it turns out that it is a general problem and has nothing to do with how good a player is. Here are few other complaints from the fifa 22 community on reddit. I could bring more if need be. 

[Removed by CM]

This is a feedback that shouldn't be overlooked. I might have to create a separate topic to talk about this general problem. 

Message 5 of 11 (2,612 Views)

Hero
@faraway_linkage6 It would help if you posted some video footage of what you are describing, showing the animations of the players along with the team and tactics deployed also.

Message 6 of 11 (2,509 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@SumFiiin wrote:
@faraway_linkage6It would help if you posted some video footage of what you are describing, showing the animations of the players along with the team and tactics deployed also.

I have already spoken with the mods in private, so I guess that settles things. 

Can I ask you a favour? Are you good are scoring one on one against the gk in fifa 22? 

Message 7 of 11 (2,391 Views)

Hero
@faraway_linkage6 I think it is harder to score 1 on 1 against the goalie in Fifa 22. Chip shots are less effective and ball rolls too than previous Fifa's - but I don't think it is an issue in this Fifa that scoring 1 on 1 is too difficult so I would say I don't have a problem with it, I guess I'm ok..

Message 8 of 11 (2,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you manage to fix it coz I’m having same issue

Message 9 of 11 (2,095 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@bn_mej7m I don't think anyone is trying to address this issue because am still experiencing the issue on a daily bases (even now on FIFA 23) .I usually get excited anytime i see an update, but its NEVER ADDRESSED. its really frustrating.
Message 10 of 11 (1,487 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help