Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Feels like enemies are hitting alot harder after Patch

by xxSTRYFFExx

Original Post

Feels like enemies are hitting alot harder after Patch

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I play GM2 mostly and play an interceptor. Before this patch my shields/armor lasted alot longer. not it seems 2-3 hits from an enemy blows my shield away where before i could at least hold my own. Now it seems i have to run away and hide in every fight.. (I still use the same components and abilities/weapons with inscriptions focused on shielding.

I have a friend that plays a storm that says their shield seems far weaker. We are guessing maybe there is a bug with consumables not working? (I use the epic versions of shield and armor)

Anyone else feeling like something is wrong?

(I play on PC Btw, dont know if that matters)

Message 1 of 28 (634 Views)

Re: Feels like enemies are hitting alot harder after Patch

★★★★ Guide
National everything seems normal. I'm on gm3 with a ranger, and the changes to the components make me really hard to kill
Message 2 of 28 (612 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just flying over enemies on the ground is dangerous now. I've almost died several times just flying over two or three outlaws during my normal routes.

Message 3 of 28 (611 Views)

★ Pro

They are. Its the first thing I noticed. I also recognized that my gear recharge was a second off( taking longer) and my thruster life while flying was down..not up..certainly not 20% up. When you play 10 + hours a  day you can tell when your rhythm is messed up.

Message 4 of 28 (598 Views)

★★ Guide

I feel the opposite. I never use consumables, and I went from cowering in the corner on GM3 to fairly rocking it. Feels like GM2 previous patch, or GM1 patch before that. Went ahead and did a stronghold, had a group that did not synergize together at all, and we still cleared it. ( Tyrant mine, but still. Even freeplay GM3 was rough before. ) I'm still only about half leg, and mediocre inscriptions ( though just got a pretty sweet leg ToT. )

Others seem to be the same, because now even on GM3 in freeplay I see lots of people off by themselves.

Things can still hurt in a hurry, but I had plenty of time to react. I'm even playing a bit crazy since I'm running the ultimate refresh on critical health componentStandard smile

Message 5 of 28 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Untitled.jpg

Looking at reddit, im seeing the same issues from others as well. 
Maybe its an interceptor issue...but my friend that plays Storm noticed shield was getting decimated as well instantly.

Im a 676 Gearscore and like i said, before this patch i had no problems at all in GM2.

(My +shield max is at 245% with gear inscriptions plus the epic consumable)

Message 6 of 28 (566 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just out of curiosity, what class are you playing? My Storm is taking much more a beating since the newest patch. Or maybe I got derpier? Lol

@pydzmzfhh wrote:

Just flying over enemies on the ground is dangerous now. I've almost died several times just flying over two or three outlaws during my normal routes.

Message 7 of 28 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I noticed general improvement in "liveliness" of enemies. Maybe a sneaky patch to the AI?

The fact that you feel weaker might be the result of more enemies focusing you at any given time. They move quicker, now and seem to be more aggressive. At least the common mobs, that is, the bosses are still dumb as a pothole. Standard smile

But generally yes, the difficulty seem to have gone up a notch in some situations.

Naturally it also can be caused by the changes to many of the components. Ourr builds may not be working the same way they did before the patch.

Message 8 of 28 (541 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Krysohmyz wrote:

I noticed general improvement in "liveliness" of enemies. Maybe a sneaky patch to the AI?

The fact that you feel weaker might be the result of more enemies focusing you at any given time. They move quicker, now and seem to be more aggressive. At least the common mobs, that is, the bosses are still dumb as a pothole. Standard smile

But generally yes, the difficulty seem to have gone up a notch in some situations.

Naturally it also can be caused by the changes to many of the components. Ourr builds may not be working the same way they did before the patch.

I did notice the scar seekers were relentless spamming their seeker mines. And the bullets from the normal scars seemed like "homing" bullets that follow you now.

Could also be that the vengeance matrix component now just has a blank % for increased damage recieved. (Which could be the issue)

But that doesnt explain my Storm friend with the same issue re: shield

I have hopes that BioWare will figure it out

Message 9 of 28 (523 Views)

★ Pro

@Ticklepink68 wrote:

They are. Its the first thing I noticed. I also recognized that my gear recharge was a second off( taking longer) and my thruster life while flying was down..not up..certainly not 20% up. When you play 10 + hours a  day you can tell when your rhythm is messed up.

I actually noticed this a few hours before the patch, and was completely confused because it wasn't playing anything like the previous 300+ hours.

Message 10 of 28 (518 Views)
Twitter Stream