Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Feedback and Discussion - Game Update 1.0.4.

by kenku7_8

Original Post

★ Guide

@cake404

I've had more time with the Elysian caches and have picked up a few nice graphics. Still don't need the extra crafting material though. 

Interestingly, that particular Dominion freeplay event disappeared from my game not long after I wrote about my experience with that freeplay event. About two hours later, it was gone. I never did get to try to finish all the popup quests so I had no chance at a loot drop. We definitely need that news feed back up and running to tell us about special events and quests. It's still blank on my game.

Hey EA! How about announcing those events here in the Anthem forum? Putting it up at the top in general discussion or starting a feed just for that would be a HUGE help!

Thanks for your helpful comments, CAKE404! XP has been sent your way! 

Message 101 of 125 (288 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Had a ton of fun playing today; did some some story missions, some world events, and some TM.

There seemed to have been some issues with losing connection to the server in freeplay, earlier in the day (of in the morning rather, within the last couple hours before the daily reset). I once got disconnected immediately after completing the objective for the last world event I needed for the Elysian stash key (and it didn’t count towards the daily either). Before that, a world event at the Sanctuary of Dunar glitched out and did not generate the last Corvus intel stash. Running into those kinds of issues right before the daily reset was kinda frustrating.

Also experienced the issue with the journal kicking you out of the entries you’re trying to read, but restarting the game seemed to fix it. Not sure what triggered it.

Had a couple pilot data errors in TM, but overall not too many out of the times I ran it. Still not 100% sure what’s causing it, but it feels like the more changes you make in the Forge/Vault the more it’s likely to happen (anything from loading a different loadout and modifying it, to salvaging a lot of gear). So yea, not really clear if it’s a data corruption issue when modifying a loadout in a certain way, or just a caching issue. Of course, it could also be both.

Drop rate wise, I’ve been getting a ton of Masterworks. I can technically make a Ranger loadout that actually registers as “Masterwork,” and pretty sure I could do the same with the Colossus by now. Doesn’t meant they’d be good builds, but they’d be Masterwork. Also should have enough stuff to make some fun and viable loadouts for Storm and Interceptor, so looking forward to that the next time I get around to playing.

Haven’t gotten any Legendaries (even on GM2 in almost-fully Masterworked javelins), but then I also don’t care too much about getting them in the first place. I’ve also been deliberately avoiding the luck inscriptions, because I’d rather have more Masterwork gear options than a handful of Legendaries, so that’s been working out great for me so far.

I guess the most frustrating part of 1.0.4 for me is the whole Elysian caches/keys thing. My natural inclination is to hold on to the keys so I can use them when I’m running with my group of friends. But then I run into people who use their keys to open the chests, and it becomes altogether too awkward to hold on to mine.

Besides, holding on to them to share them with friends isn’t really practical anyway, since you’d still have to have everyone in the same instance at the same time, running the stronghold enough times to spend all the keys... then there’s also the whole issue of, if you have more than three friends, which ones do you share the keys with?

But then after I use my keys with randoms, there is still the awkward silence when the next run there’s three open chests and you’re the only one who didn’t open one. There isn’t even really a good “thank you” animation. There is Fancy Bow, but you can’t use it in the expedition... On the bright side, I guess at least it’s a reason to use Look Back Casual.

Granted, I am probably thinking too much into it. None of this seems to actually be a huge issue for any of the friends I’m playing with. But still. Having only one key a day, on top of knowing that it’s a limited time thing, on top of not knowing if this stuff will be obtainable later in any way, on top of knowing I won’t have the time this month to play nearly enough to unlock all the options... all of it just creates a sense of awkward tension that really doesn’t help me enjoy the game.

Ironically, I most likely won’t even want most of the vinyls that are in those caches – but I also will never know unless I see them. Going by the names, I only really maybe want the grabbit vinyls (because of course I do), a couple of animations, and the materials (in particular the nylon star pattern, which is presumably rotated 45 degrees so as not to look like bathroom tiles). But so far I’ve got one material and one or two vinyls I might use at some point, and the rest has been either crafting materials or decals I’ll probably never use. Of course, that is to be expected, because the chances of me getting exactly what I want are less than 1%. But that’s exactly what makes this whole situation frustrating.

Message 102 of 125 (278 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I played a good 30+ hours this weekend,

Did GM3 HOR, Tyrant twice, GM3 freeplay for atleast 12-14 hours and then the normal leg mission grind for a few hours and some quick plays etc

Dont have a single Leg to show at all for the time i put in this weekend, especially not the GM3 strongholds which are apparently supposed to have the best drop rate. lol, off the monitor gm3 i got blues. the game is worse for me than what its ever been tbh...

Will this ever get fixed?

Message 103 of 125 (270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Version 1.0.4. Update review

Legendary missions -

Alright, I appreciate being able to replay parts of the game, witness key cut scenes again, and show other people/players a fun part of the game other than running repeat missions. Increased difficulty seems to bring it up to the level of endgame players, which could be nice.

However I have to ask what is the point? Yes, fun and entertainment, but there's no obvious reward for re-completing a mission. No challenges to complete, obvious differences in Loot, or even extreme amount of rare enemies to increase the loot gained. I don't see the reward for the increased challenge. Still, thank you. More content/access to content is a good thing.

Elysian Caches -

I've opened/received rewards from about a dozen of these, gotten a couple poses, emotes, and some vinyls. These are definitely appreciated, hard to keep up gold farming since I've completed every challenge I can find to keep up with the changing store. Unlike other players apparently, I do a lot of crafting and don't mind the material drops, but why so many? Seems about 50-50 to me. Heck, I'd rather see bonus gold than crafting materials now.

Loot Changes -

I want to say I haven't seen it, but since the patch I've gotten 2 legendaries on GM3, which is more than I've seen in a week (15+hours) of playing. This is still BAD. The work is appreciated, but the scale really seems to have been minimally altered. Neither legendary I found was from a boss, and after jumping back and forth between difficulties, I can honestly say I find MORE masterworks in Normal difficulty than I do in GM3! Granted everything dies in a single hit on normal now so the rate at which I find loot is increased, but doing a single mission on GM3 I find 1-3 masterworks on average, and 2-4 on Normal. What gives? I'm generally only legendary hunting, so I recycle them for parts either way, and see more legendary on higher difficulty, but this still seems wrong.

Nvidia Highlights -

Interesting, but no thank you. Personal preference, but nothing wrong with the idea. Cool.

PC Settings (FOV) -

Nice! Thanks.

AFK Timer -

*Shrug*

Nvidia DLSS -

Had to google it, but cool. Super-sampling, increased clarity and edge refinement. Does make a difference. This game's #1 asset right now is the visuals, gorgeous game, despite all other issues that are being worked on.

Performance Differences -

Negligible. Thanks for trying.

The Forge -

Less loading screens. Nice! Thank you very much.

Bug Fixes -

Great start on a long road. Keep them coming! However some bugs listed as Fixed, clearly have not been.

Masterwork Changes -

Definitely made some different ability and component choices, altered gameplay style. Now it's more fast paced and enjoyable. Great!

Inscriptions -

"Ease of use" ..Helps? Still needs work, keep going! Also kill off the +1% bonuses please.

New components -

Great ideas, love new stuff. May or may not use most of them, but enjoying Bloodlust.

Interceptor gear -

Eh? Ok, double ghosts.

Weapon reload timer -

Yay? Didn't notice honestly.

Javelin updates -

Awesome! Specially the interceptor melee and 20% thruster meter!

Matchmaking Timer -

This scares me.. It only mentions Strongholds which I'm good with, but was in a 45 minute long Legendary Mission on GM3 with 2 other freelancers (3rd one quit/disconnected seconds after loading) and no one else ever joined. Hoping the matchmaking timer didn't affect that mission.

Suggestions

Loot

#1 issue. Should be challenge and reward based (difficulty). I really don't understand how I'm finding more masterworks on Normal difficulty than I am on GM3. Have yet to find a Legendary on normal, so maybe that's something? Legendary missions should really have some kind of reward at the end besides basic mission box rewarding rares/epics. Maybe this will be fixed with a loot patch, maybe throw something new in it? Easy and Normal difficulty should still be dropping common/uncommon items, giving rarer and epic items at hard to grandmaster difficulty, while GrandMaster 2 & 3 focus more on masterwork and legendary equipment.

Overall great gameplay, stunning visuals, and enjoyable to just fly/float around most of the game. Combat is fast paced and can be challenging if you want it to, or can be total annihilation on lower difficulty.

Difficulty

Just bad. What changes are there besides enemies having more health and doing more damage? Have higher difficulties have More enemies and Harder/Rarer enemies. This will naturally increase loot progression without having to make major changes to the loot system.

Platformer without platform challenges.

Missed opportunity? Possibly make a new area of the game where players have to jump through it "Freelancer, the air is too thin in this altitude for your thrusters to fire. You may have to climb your way through it." or "Be careful in this area freelancer, it's too hot for your thrusters to cool off." No areas with falling objects or tests of skill. No volcanoes or terrain dangers that you have to navigate through/around.

Falling to cool thrusters.

If you fly straight down it can cool your thrusters, but if you cancel flight mid-flight you can reach the ground faster, yet your thrusters don't cool at all while falling?

Should be at least as much heat reduction as flying straight down. (When not overheated)

Message 104 of 125 (204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Version 1.0.4. Update review

Legendary missions -

Alright, I appreciate being able to replay parts of the game, witness key cut scenes again, and show other people/players a fun part of the game other than running repeat missions. Increased difficulty seems to bring it up to the level of endgame players, which could be nice.

However I have to ask what is the point? Yes, fun and entertainment, but there's no obvious reward for re-completing a mission. No challenges to complete, obvious differences in Loot, or even extreme amount of rare enemies to increase the loot gained. I don't see the reward for the increased challenge. Still, thank you. More content/access to content is a good thing.

Elysian Caches -

I've opened/received rewards from about a dozen of these, gotten a couple poses, emotes, and some vinyls. These are definitely appreciated, hard to keep up gold farming since I've completed every challenge I can find to keep up with the changing store. Unlike other players apparently, I do a lot of crafting and don't mind the material drops, but why so many? Seems about 50-50 to me. Heck, I'd rather see bonus gold than crafting materials now.

Loot Changes -

I want to say I haven't seen it, but since the patch I've gotten 2 legendaries on GM3, which is more than I've seen in a week (15+hours) of playing. This is still BAD. The work is appreciated, but the scale really seems to have been minimally altered. Neither legendary I found was from a boss, and after jumping back and forth between difficulties, I can honestly say I find MORE masterworks in Normal difficulty than I do in GM3! Granted everything dies in a single hit on normal now so the rate at which I find loot is increased, but doing a single mission on GM3 I find 1-3 masterworks on average, and 2-4 on Normal. What gives? I'm generally only legendary hunting, so I recycle them for parts either way, and see more legendary on higher difficulty, but this still seems wrong.

Nvidia Highlights -

Interesting, but no thank you. Personal preference, but nothing wrong with the idea. Cool.

PC Settings (FOV) -

Nice! Thanks.

AFK Timer -

*Shrug*

Nvidia DLSS -

Had to google it, but cool. Super-sampling, increased clarity and edge refinement. Does make a difference. This game's #1 asset right now is the visuals, gorgeous game, despite all other issues that are being worked on.

Performance Differences -

Negligible. Thanks for trying.

The Forge -

Less loading screens. Nice! Thank you very much.

Bug Fixes -

Great start on a long road. Keep them coming! However some bugs listed as Fixed, clearly have not been.

Masterwork Changes -

Definitely made some different ability and component choices, altered gameplay style. Now it's more fast paced and enjoyable. Great!

Inscriptions -

"Ease of use" ..Helps? Still needs work, keep going! Also kill off the +1% bonuses please.

New components -

Great ideas, love new stuff. May or may not use most of them, but enjoying Bloodlust.

Interceptor gear -

Eh? Ok, double ghosts.

Weapon reload timer -

Yay? Didn't notice honestly.

Javelin updates -

Awesome! Specially the interceptor melee and 20% thruster meter!

Matchmaking Timer -

This scares me.. It only mentions Strongholds which I'm good with, but was in a 45 minute long Legendary Mission on GM3 with 2 other freelancers (3rd one quit/disconnected seconds after loading) and no one else ever joined. Hoping the matchmaking timer didn't affect that mission.

Suggestions

Loot

#1 issue. Should be challenge and reward based (difficulty). I really don't understand how I'm finding more masterworks on Normal difficulty than I am on GM3. Have yet to find a Legendary on normal, so maybe that's something? Legendary missions should really have some kind of reward at the end besides basic mission box rewarding rares/epics. Maybe this will be fixed with a loot patch, maybe throw something new in it? Easy/Normal difficulties should still have common/uncommon rewards, finding more epic rewards for hard/grandmaster challenges. Grandmaster2 & 3 should focus on masterwork and legendary equipment.

See picture below as an example of how awful loot/RNG tables are. Completed GM2 Temple of Scar including boss. Only the one guaranteed masterwork reward. No other masterworks, no legendaries.

Overall great gameplay, stunning visuals, and enjoyable to just fly/float around most of the game. Combat is fast paced and can be challenging if you want it to, or can be total annihilation on lower difficulty.

Difficulty

Just bad. Difficulty should change the amount of enemies and introduce harder/rarer enemies which would naturally increase the amount of loot dropped instead of altering the loot tables.

Platformer without platform challenges.

Missed opportunity? Possibly make a new area of the game where players have to jump through it "Freelancer, the air is too thin in this altitude for your thrusters to fire. You may have to climb your way through it." or "Be careful in this area freelancer, it's too hot for your thrusters to cool off." No areas with falling objects or tests of skill. No volcanoes or terrain dangers that you have to navigate through/around.

Falling to cool thrusters.

If you fly straight down it can cool your thrusters, but if you cancel flight mid-flight you can reach the ground faster, yet your thrusters don't cool at all while falling?

Should be at least as much heat reduction as flying straight down. (When not overheated)

Message 105 of 125 (235 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Elysian Chest please nest time add armor,  full vinyl  real art work not half thought out decals.

We keep saying shower us in loot that we need to progress and make luck work. Hell I want 10   Legendary‘s to drop from bosses enemies make it rain loot. 

Tried of us all looking the same we all  look like same just in different color palettes.  

it not hard to fix; change your godly math  equation to make it rain loot and make it worth a players time in 5 hours I need reason to say yes this was worth the time. Right now Anthem is 30 min check in then check out.

please play your game because you can’t be happy with loot drop rate on legendary. Because it so low you can’t create builds because it a total waste of time.  Diablo loot is small but you get a lot of it to make builds that work for you. 

Please your team is so big bring in consultation we need exotic weapons with stone hardening inscriptions. There no grantee on loot drops. Don’t you dare put it on gm 3 because that would be wrong. You create a quest that grantee a special loot drop for an item. Please fix the math because you ever came up with this loot cycle math needs help from a experience staff memeber that knows loot system. Ugh please play division 2 and  diabolo or any mmo. 

Message 106 of 125 (227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Overall, I am enjoying the fixes.  There are some issues though. 

-certain loading screen seem unnecessary.   There is a decently long loading screen when entering a tunnel for the Triple threat mission line in which, you check something, and then immediately exit the tunnel upon which you get another loading screen to go into the open world.  This seems a bit crazy.  Even if this load could be dramatically shortened it would help.  It's not loading into a big area going in.  Just a thought. 

-I randomly get booted from the game without warning (the game sites a dropped connection).  This doesn't happen often, but it's annoying.

-Can you give us the ability to set way points?   Navigating the map can be frustrating as you easily get turned around in many places.

I've heard some of the complaints about loot drops, but I'm not at the end game yet and haven't had too many issues with it.

Message 107 of 125 (224 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Got my first Legendaries today. First one from GM2 freeplay with a friend while doing world events. Second one dropped from GM1 TM final boss when I decided to test my hypothesis regarding luck and stack as much of it as I could. Granted, “as much of it as I could” wasn’t much at all, since I tend to scrap anything with luck on it, but I was able to scrounge together an Epic+ Ranger build that was viable enough for GM1 and had about 110 luck.

I did also get a lot more blue drops than usual that run, so that kinda confirms my hypothesis that luck works both ways. That said, I haven’t tested it further, because I’m one of those weirdos who doesn’t actually want Legendaries. I’m almost tempted to scrap the ones I have, but thankfully I don’t actually have too many of them so far. I mean, not that I mind them per se, but I am trying to keep one of each type of item on hand, including Epic items, so that I can later go back to playing in Hard if I feel like, without being game-breakingly overpowered for it. For similar reasons, I would like to keep my Masterworks even as I get Legendaries, because otherwise I’m stuck with one weapon or ability being more powerful than the rest of the build (but likely won’t have enough weapons or abilities to make a whole build for a while). But there aren’t actually enough slots even to hold on to all Epics and Masterworks as it is, so Legendaries basically just take up space, as far as I’m concerned.

Anyway, I still got one or two Legendaries after that. I want to say two, but I don’t remember what the last one was, so maybe it was just three Legendaries and a Masterwork I was really happy to see. I also got so many Masterworks I lost track of how many exactly I got, but I’m pretty sure it was between ten and twenty. This was without stacking luck (well, ok, my Soothing Touch had 30 luck because that’s the only one I had for a while, so maybe that helped. But I didn’t have it on me the whole time).

One of the Legendaries I had was a component for the Colossus, so I figured I would also try queueing for GM3. Apparently, literally nobody was queued for GM3 TM when I tried it, because I was by myself the whole time. Died a bunch of times and could barely kill anything, but in part it was because I had Voltaic Dome for a primer, so I couldn’t kill anything without getting in melee range, and it’s hard to be in melee range of anyhing without getting shot down by the turret. After that I tried GM3 freeplay and was able to do a few world events with other players. Was challenging, but fun kind of challenging. Still died a lot, but again, in large part it was because I have a melee “berserker” type build that doesn’t work very well when you have neither the survivability not the damage output. Later I got a MW Rubidium Furnace to drop, so I might try to solo GM3 TM again next time.

By the way, I also noticed that freeplay seems to have waypoint markers towards the nearest world event now, which is nice. Though it could also have been the marker towards the spot where I died last time, since I don’t remember seeing it outside GM3. I do remember both were kinda highly requested features. Either way, always great to see QoL improvements based on feedback, so thanks for listening!

Message 108 of 125 (212 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I suggest to use sliders instead of triangles you have to click in the menu :D 

For me, It is just really annoying to adjust the settings.

Message 109 of 125 (194 Views)

★★ Novice

I am a casual player (1-3hrs a day) so my experience will likely differ from most people here.

LOVE javelin buffs, especially for Ranger. 

Loot drops are improved, I now get masterwork drops more often.

About 50% of MW drops are copies of what I currently have. That would be OK if there was more MW loot drops to make up for the lack of variety, or just give us better MW loot drops overall including the ones I dont have. Better to have one meaningful item, than 3 or 4 useless MWs. 

I only received my 1st legendary after 1.0.4 and another few days later. Even for a casual player, that kind of loot drop pace is not very encouraging to move onto GM2 and GM3 difficulty. 

Killing a Stronghold boss seems very unrewarding for the work put in at GM1 and above. Stronghold bosses at GM1 and above should have a guaranteed Legendary drop to make it feel rewarding. Getting 1 MW that I already have at GM1 is not progress, but a badly designed loop. I would actually prefer to get 1 useful MW for a javelin I am not using, than a MW I am just going to end up salvaging. 

Sorry, but Elysian caches are not rewarding after a boss fight. One suggestion to spice up Elysian caches a little bit, would be to remove "parts" and add MW or Legendary version of Sigils. This would be great for going into GM2 and GM3 difficulty strongholds or mission. 

I actually enjoy legendary mission, but no Legendary drops in Legendary missions. I know you guys can do better. 

Few things broke, which you are already aware of, so I will not go over those. However, I do feel that flame brightness for Colossus mortar could be reduced by 10% or even 20%.

Thanks for improving the game. 

Message 110 of 125 (190 Views)
Twitter Stream