Feedback about helicopters

by ItachiSSIII

Original Post

Re: Feedback about helicopters

★★ Guide
@commanderchuck You can do that. Turn off flight assist in the settings.

@Z3DJE sorry, that reply wasn't meant for you.
Message 31 of 54 (338 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EnemaAtTheGates I agree! The problem is that if the heli enters near the ten objective zones, it practically becomes an easy target, free kill. For these reasons I pointed out the need to have a Below-radar (30 meters) that prevents the LOCK-ON of guided missiles from other helicopters and jets. Added to the lack of agility and the delay of commands that exists in this game, the heli tries to stay on the periphery of the maps or making quick attacks. There are 64 enemies keeping an eye on the helicopters, although the good pios are still magically standing out (I've already killed 92 in 18 minutes with a lot of adversity just following the strategy of running away, then making quick attacks).
Message 32 of 54 (337 Views)

★★ Guide

@ItachiSSIII wrote:
 I've already killed 92 in 18 minutes with a lot of adversity just following the strategy of running away, then making quick attacks.

So what is the problem? That you didn’t break 100? That you died a handful of times? That you experienced “a lot of adversity”?

You are arguing against your own point - clearly helicopters are very powerful if you play them correctly. If you want to farm kills with no adversity play solo and kill bots on beginner mode, otherwise you will just have to deal with adversity and deaths like everyone else in multiplayer.

Message 33 of 54 (312 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Remember the M320 SPAM in the BF3 Op.Metro?
In BF2042 the Stinger SPAM is equivalent.

I'm not crying because the Helicopter is weak, my biggest complaint is that the current style is demotivating, boring and unsatisfactory.

Fighting with miniguns, in the BF4 style, brings great satisfaction. Running and hiding... it all makes the game cool. Now, the way the heli movement is, I can't enjoy myself and I can say it's unfair and that it needs to change.

Message 34 of 54 (290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Ayyildiz_MGeniusThe problem with this is that the game is already really bad enough for infantry players, due to the big amount of vehicles, and the large open areas to cross.

You should perhaps try playing as infantry only for some time, then you will feel how bad the balance of vehicles vs infantry is in 2042.

Remember not all infantry players can run with AA-weapons, some also have to carry ammo, health etc..

Message 35 of 54 (285 Views)

★ Pro

the trick is to not spend your time trying to cross long open distances on foot.  

stick to a territory or two.  and if it looks no action is going to come for awhile then use a vehicle to get across long open areas.  

also very team dependent is air balance.  if your helis don't want to attack their helis, no one is choosing aa vehicles instead of tanks and infantry aren't equipping AA then enemy air is a lot more dominant than if the opposite happens.  Plus some things aren't unlocked yet like Soflam and players don't know the game that well yet.  

Message 36 of 54 (282 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@cso7777I know, as I said the vehicle/infantry balance is definitely not OK and should be reworked and maybe even on every map and mode individually.

I play both, vehicles and infantry and particularly I play more often as an infantryman than as a helicopter pilot due to the AA spam.

There is definitely a too high number of vehicles at the same time due to the fast spawn rate of the vehicles in general.

I would also suggest you to play as a helicopter pilot. You will see, that you are more often at a hiding situation to repair your helicopter or to cooldown your flares than being in the attacking position. This feels like a 7:3 ratio.

And don’t forget: Your helicopter is freaking slow and successfully evaded missiles are still hitting.

In order to achieve a good balance, tanks and helicopters should be slightly buffed and the spawn time should be increased. Especially for helicopters (attack helicopter and little bird) the number of flares should be doubled or the lock on range of AA missiles should be reduced and the lock on time should be increased.

A bit off topic, but the most annoying vehicles are just the hovercrafts. These should be definitely concerned as light vehicles which should be damageable by every gun type as I stated in another thread.

Message 37 of 54 (260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@commanderchuckWell, autorotation will still generate lift depending on much RPM you had on the rotor after you idle the collective… so it’s realistic. So, if you really want to drop, then just pitch down.

Message 38 of 54 (256 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Ayyildiz_MGenius You are basing this off of a clearly bugged IR missile in-game.

Once they fix the AA behavior, I think you will find aircraft more survivable and will then hear even louder cries for nerfing.
Message 39 of 54 (253 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@carsono311This is definitely not true. The AA bug happens just from time to time.

But the 7:3 ratio of hiding and attacking still remains even without the bug.

Message 40 of 54 (245 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help