Feedback about helicopters

by ItachiSSIII

Original Post

Re: Feedback about helicopters

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hell no. Helicopters are the worst part of this game. There is almost no respawn timer on any vehicle. I have tons of clips of me and my squad just doing anti-aircraft all game long with nothing else done but trying to kill Helicopters and as soon as you have them down you see two more coming. I have seen 4 helicopters at one time killing one objective. They are so OP it's not even funny. YOU ARE LAUGHABLE. Thermal ah yea so there is no hiding as an already weak infantry that has very little countermeasure to helicopters, to begin with, let us just make it more of a fish in a barrel game for you. 3 missiles yea because I can just keep getting missiles from supply packs oh wait no I have to kill myself to get more missiles to shoot one down. Also, they just fly off out of distance and repair up over and over. all vehicles need a defense nerf. Hovercraft takes 3 rockets crazy its made of rubber. Tanks by the time I shoot them 3 times then die spawn back up they are repaired. In some games I just sit and take out vehicles the entire time shooting 3 times respawn shoot 3 times respawn and still never run out of vehicles to shoot without moving to a different objective. If you would like some youtube clips of how it feels to be on the ground let me know I'll upload them. 

Message 21 of 54 (441 Views)

★★★ Novice
@The_Suit05 this guy gets it.
Message 22 of 54 (440 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Z3DJE So many I feel like I'm playing vehicle kill simulator.
Message 23 of 54 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@deathtoll007Just a tip. Use angel. It's my go to anti vehicle guy. You can always call the supply crate and have unlimited rockets. Also have Rao in your squad, he can hack vehicles disabling their guns and counter measures.

Message 24 of 54 (434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ItachiSSIIIDo you also want your helicopter to get scifi spacefaring style energy shields that block most attacks?

A good enough attack heli pilot can already only be thwarted by better heli pilots and Jets because they can attack from outside the range of the lock on plague from the ground. Yes out of the range of hacks too.

Even with the NightBird heli unless the other aircraft decide to do something about me, I can make a pass with the rocket pods over enemy bases, flare the first missile, take some distance to recharge and take a position again and then repeat that till the end of the match.

I will give to you that there is something really wrong with the homing missiles and how they can"remember" you after the flares already deflected them and still come to hit you.

Message 25 of 54 (430 Views)

★★★ Novice

They need to make the helis drop when you let off the throttle like in BF4. They’re way too floaty. 

Message 26 of 54 (396 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

They should remove helicopters and soldiers will say thank you Standard smile

If I want to play a plane simulator, I will prefer do it on Elite Dangerous

Message 27 of 54 (392 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think that helicopters are in a great spot: thermal optics and tv missile for gunner would probably make them too strong, the physics are different from bf4 but I like it this way it makes it more challenging as there’s a new learning curve to pilot them; and it’s still possible to hide behind natural objects (probably a bit faster but not too much would be better). Two missiles should kill a chopper, the only thing I’d change is the effectiveness of countermeasures. As for the loadout I haven’t used the tow missile for the pilot because it wouldn’t make it effective against other choppers, but I’m sure that when I’ll play with a good jet pilot in team that takes care of other air vehicles it will become a valid option to increase destructive power against ground vehicles. that takes care of other air vehicles it will become a possibility to make it even better against ground vehicles.

Message 28 of 54 (385 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Vehicles are part of the Battlefield franchise. Vehicles should always be superior to infantry - always.
You have to fear enemy vehicles and if a vehicle seems to be a problem, it should be tactically engaged by the whole team.

In my opinion every vehicle should be buffed in terms of the damage output including splash damage and splash radius by a small amount of 2 to 5% - especially the anti-personnel rockets of the attack helicopter and the little bird.

Where I agree is, that the air space is flooded with air vehicles. The spawn time of “heavy” vehicles should be increased, so that a kill of a helicopter is way more rewarding. This means the team which performed the helicopter kill can breathe and focus on other things. This would be a balance. The same should also apply to tanks.

Also, AA missiles can hit the target if the missile was evaded with flares, when the missile launcher is still aiming to the air vehicle. This should definitely be fixed or they should completely remove the ability of the missiles to circle around the air vehicle. What I would prefer is to be able to dodge missiles without the usage of flares, like in the beta where it was a bug I guess.

And Jets in general, well they are totally BS at the moment and should be completely replaced by the jets of Battlefield 3.

Honestly, to talk about vehicle nerfs, you should also play with vehicles. A lot of people who are claiming that vehicles are “OP” have never flown a helicopter… please always have look on both sides of a coin. In terms of infantry/vehicles balance, the developers should stick back to Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 3.

Message 29 of 54 (360 Views)

★★ Guide
@Z3DJE You can do that. Turn off flight assist in your settings.
Message 30 of 54 (353 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help