Re: (Feedback) Steam and Origin Access

by EA_Darko

Original Post

(Feedback) Steam and Origin Access

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello Team,

So I've just seen that all the Battlefields games have been added to Steam, which is awesome news and I seriously hope that in the future, Battlefield games are put onto Steam the same time as Origin for both to prepurchase and bring more people in on day one!

I spoke to a colleague called Thomas in live chat who directed me here and partially answered the questions.

So, I own the Battlefront and Battlefields on Origin but right now I am enquiring about the Battlefields as Battlefront not important, sorry but it's not.

Anyway, I've bought EVERY battlefield as a prepurchase and played every single one 200+ Hours, some passing 400 and love every one of them. Now on Steam obviously a lot later in the market than expected, there is barely any reviews for the games which makes me think it may go unmissed or not as well received by yourselves.. So it made me think!

Please allow us users who own on Origin the access to the Steam version with the ability to login on our Origin account so we continue playing where we left off.  I believe this would help improve reviews without having to rebuy these fantastic games. Maybe do the same thing as what Bethesda with Fallout 76 and even Sea of Thieves for their insiders. It's a great way to promote the games on Steam because I for one, would give a massive positive on Steam for all the battlefield games!

Just a thought because I'm a big fan of the series, I buy them all and play them all and really want to see them suceed.. Even when the last one BFV was not nearly as good as others, I will still stick by your guys, for now!

Thank you for taking the time to read this email.

Message 1 of 6 (884 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree! If we already own the games on origin, we should be able to get them for free on Steam!

Message 2 of 6 (842 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

especially considering when origin came out they allowed any games bought on steam to be added to origin library... smh dont be greedy EA

Message 3 of 6 (815 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey all, it is currently not possible to move games from Origin to another platform.

I will pass your feedback on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (782 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko Oh we understand, which is why we are posting it here.

We understand not every developer does this, but some do and we are not posting for "Free Steam game" because it's the same game we already own but more or less for positive reviews to be added for you guys.
Message 5 of 6 (759 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I too would like the ability to move my game licenses over to steam if possible.

Message 6 of 6 (654 Views)